Playstation 5

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Gamestop just gave me $325 for my ps4 pro. I paid $300 for it originally. Dunno if they are running some sort of extra deal but might want to look into it if you've been fence sitting.

Now to try and get the ps5 ;[

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah I hit the link the instant the text popped, but it was already done lol. Not too worried as I did get one via the Target a couple months back, but frustrating for folks still looking.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah bots at up like 90% of the amazon PS5 drops today, they got to it before it was even released on the treasure truck

some people using the stellar bot got 20-30 PS5s each, its pretty insane how bad the big retailers are at this

the craziest thing is how a big chunk of these PS5s now being sold in USA are being just resold to South America/Middle East/Asia. Discord groups are buying thousands per week for ~$750, using their own logistics to bulk fly them out elsewhere, and selling them for $1k each to local market resellers who in turn resell them for $1200-1500 (usd equivalent).

I guess a weird form of hypercapitalism but now going on over a year, which capitalist theory is supposed to "self regulate" by recurving supply/demand. Internet and global logistics have really fucked with Lassez-faire

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
returnal patch added suspend mode

deathloop will be $20 off ($39.99) at gamestop tomorrow

both decent games, haven't touched either yet but added to my wishlists and may pick up around black friday. Deathloop will be on gamepass in 10 months i'm pretty sure though

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Returnal for me is way harder than any souls game. For old fogey's like me who suck, it would be nice if they had a Hades like death buff that scales over time so I could finish the game. I still can't get passed the 1st biome :p

Yet, I can beat Demon Souls.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
deathloop is $40 on psn store and also all physical copies, best buy one is supposed to come with a steelbook

buncha other games on sale for Nov too don't see anything crazy

rumored PS+ for Nov includes Kingdom of Amalur Re-Reckoning, tight tight tight

Screenshot_20211027-053835.png

• 1Like

Szlia

First Class Trouble is a social deduction game released on the 2nd of November, but the little gameplay they shown one hour ago in Sony's State of Play made me think there is no voice communication, making it instantly a "nope". (EDIT : well... maybe you can use the PlayStation voice chat when playing ? Never used it so I am not sure how it goes) For this type of games you need 2 things : private lobbies and voice chat. You miss one or both and the game is close to pointless.

Also shown in that State of Play, Little Devil Inside remains intriguing.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
State of Play today was straight dog shit. Everything looks bad because they're still supporting PS4 with every release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Couldn't get past the character models in the Star Ocean trailer. They look like cabbage patch kids with fetal alcohol syndrome. Killed my excitement from clicking on the trailer immediately.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS+ rumors were right for a change.

Knockout City (PS4/5)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
First Class Trouble (PS4/5)
Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PSVR)
Until You Fall (PSVR)
The Persistence (PSVR) -- there was a free upgrade to this a couple years ago which included a non-VR version, so that should work with PS+ too

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait a new star ocean? I thought they said they weren't doing them anymore after the last one bombed

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
State of Play today was straight dog shit. Everything looks bad because they're still supporting PS4 with every release.

Posted it a few months ago, there really isn't a reason to own a PS5 atm.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Depends on how big your PS4 backlog is. I've played most everything worth playing on PS4 when it was new, and I always choose Series X for new multi-plat games, so my PS5 collects dust for months at a time. If you have a lot to play still, PS5 is vastly superior to a PS4 Pro (other than the controller, but at least if you're playing BC games you can still use a DS4).