Playstation 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I want is a $0-5 annual fee for cloud saves and I would never consider subscribing to anything Sony related again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I can't be the only one who doesn't give a shit about PS1/PS2 games, right?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I don't, the graphics are just too jarring to me now. Plus, I find that older/dated games have a hard time holding my attention.

Tide27

The only games on PS2 that I think I could still actually have fun with and be willing to buy would be the NBA Street and SSX series. I can still play SSX 3 and be amazed. The latest one they made on the 360 or whatever was fucking terrible.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Most any game from the ps1/ps2 eras that are still worth playing have already been released elsewhere.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle, Growlanser Generations, Baldurs gate dark alliance 1&2, Suikoden’s. There’s some good ps1&2 stuff that still plays well. I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Anyone still looking for a 1TB SSD that works* with PS5, but wants to spend the absolute minimum amount of money possible, this $75 (AR) deal is live again:

It's a pretty good deal for PC/laptop use too.

Do note that what you're looking at is a sticker and not a heat sink, so if you buy one you will need to buy a separate HS and attach it after removing the sticker.

(*-It's below the official spec, but people have reported speeds of ~5500MB/s when they put it in the console and that it works fine, similar to the 'slow' drives that were tested by Digital Foundry, etc.)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The 2d sprite stuff is fine and I still go back and play some. The 3D stuff is hot garbage.

• 1Like

Vorph

i'd assume PS5 users will get the free PS5 mortal shell upgrade
You have way too much faith in the assholes running Sony now. They did it with FF7R and Greedfall, and they're doing it again this month:

• 3Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok what a fucking joke. Downloaded Godfall and it isn’t even the full game - you can only play end game content and not even level up without buying the damn thing. Are you fucking kidding me???

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok what a fucking joke. Downloaded Godfall and it isn’t even the full game - you can only play end game content and not even level up without buying the damn thing. Are you fucking kidding me???
Get gud fgt

• 1Double Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

So, they're actively making PS Plus shitty now? Solid business model.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So, they're actively making PS Plus shitty now? Solid business model.
Yeah they’ve done nothing but poor choices with it. Not giving the upgraded versions, weird versions with cut content like that Godfall thing. I wonder what data they are using to justify that. No one downloads a low rez version of a game and says “omg I love this, I’m paying $70 just to play it in high rez!” …do they? “Oh shit this end game is sick, I’m paying $70 just to start over and see what the leveling up is like!”

• 1Like

Vorph

It doesn't matter that they've sunk to a new low by putting up a game that Timmy Tencent is giving away soon to everyone with no subscription involved and another game that appeared on Game Pass two weeks ago without being gimped down to last gen only. Nobody cancels their PS+ sub over it since it's required for online play and cloud saves, so they don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of the "free" games.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That version is coming to Epic also, so this may be their new model for the franchise going forward, or it's swan song as they just eek out whet they can consolidating whoever is left playing it.

• 1Like