1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) Last of us Remastered
3) Uncharted 4
4) God of War
5) Days Gone
6) Ratchet and Clank
7) Until Dawn
8) Persona 5
Finished it tonight, which is saying something because I usually don’t finish single player games. Great story. And the voice acting was really well done (though I kept thinking I was playing Destiny after you-know-who showed up).

The game really fit my play style well. I’m a huge bow and arrow fan. That’s always my character when I have a choice.

I didn’t come close to finishing all the quests. But the side quests I did complete were enjoyable and not too cheesy.

They did a great job with the difficulty too. I never got too frustrated with having to try certain parts over, but it also wasn’t a pushover.

I only have one complaint, and it isn’t a big deal. There was something just a little off with the rendering. I especially noticed it during dialogue. When it switched to someone’s face there was always something in the background that suddenly appeared or took shape from a blob-like form. It was a little distracting. I’m wondering if it has something to do with playing it on PS5.

Overall, I’d give it a 9.5/10.

Moving on to Last of Us Remastered!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finished it tonight, which is saying something because I usually don’t finish single player games. Great story. And the voice acting was really well done (though I kept thinking I was playing Destiny after you-know-who showed up).

The game really fit my play style well. I’m a huge bow and arrow fan. That’s always my character when I have a choice.

I didn’t come close to finishing all the quests. But the side quests I did complete were enjoyable and not too cheesy.

They did a great job with the difficulty too. I never got too frustrated with having to try certain parts over, but it also wasn’t a pushover.

I only have one complaint, and it isn’t a big deal. There was something just a little off with the rendering. I especially noticed it during dialogue. When it switched to someone’s face there was always something in the background that suddenly appeared or took shape from a blob-like form. It was a little distracting. I’m wondering if it has something to do with playing it on PS5.

Overall, I’d give it a 9.5/10.

Moving on to Last of Us Remastered!

Make sure to post your completion and trophy grab in the backlog challenge thread - if you complete more than anyone else you will get a very nice prize :)

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I happened to check my emails today (I'm not a daily email reader), and I noticed I had received an email from Sony inviting me to order a PS5! I had put myself on the waitlist months ago.
Anyways, it turns out that today is the day, but by the time I read the email, it was already 4 hours into the window (they started selling at 11 AM my time, I logged in around 3 pm). I was kind of pissed at myself for not checking earlier, and I figured they would be all sold out by now, but what the hell, I'll use the link and see what happens.

Every step I figured it was gonna kick me out with a "sorry, this item is no longer available" message lol. Well, as luck would have it I was able to order one, so it should be here by the end of the week.

I also ordered Demon's Souls (it was on sale for $30), so I'm looking forward to revisiting that game in it's newfound glory.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
if its still on sale I'd highly recommend Guardians of the Galaxy ($25-30), Spider-man Ultimate Edition, Deathloop ($20-25), Ratchet and Clank. They will all be on sale again right around xmas if the prices went up. This is all for disc versions, weirdly this year physical games have been cheaper than digital.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This is all for disc versions, weirdly this year physical games have been cheaper than digital.
It’s like this every year. Christmas time the retail store sales blow any of the digital sales out of the water. And honestly physical is cheaper nearly 100% of the time for anything relatively recent.

joz123

Potato del Grande
It’s like this every year. Christmas time the retail store sales blow any of the digital sales out of the water. And honestly physical is cheaper nearly 100% of the time for anything relatively recent.
Some games are usually always cheaper digital, like the fucking Ys games. Physical goes on sale once in a blue moon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

nah, i spend $1k+ every black friday on games (family, charity, etc) and this year was a MASSIVE difference in prices and digital gap. Before it'd be like physical Ubisoft game is $30, digital is $35. This year it was $20 physical, $45 digital if they were even on sale.

I bought over 200 games from gamestop alone, a ton of shit was dirt cheap when they ?accidently? combined early black friday prices with b2g1. Getting stuff like first party Nintendo games, Deathloop, Returnal, etc for $15-20 new was nuts.

It also helped that digital storefronts were stingy as fuck on ps5/sex games, turning $70 MSRP games to $50 on "sale", while physical didn't give a fuck about next gen and discounted everything heavily.

Moral is don't buy any game after July 2022, just wait until black friday next year. Or just wait until BF no matter what, prices crashed hard on games this year. I got enough to last me 2 years.

• 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Some games are usually always cheaper digital, like the fucking Ys games. Physical goes on sale once in a blue moon.
True, there are some more niche games that don’t get a large initial physical run and then rely on digital going forward. Guess I was referring to the larger titles that are on the shelves for like a year.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop will have PS5 bundles in store dec 17th

https3A2F2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.png

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
spronk spronk is this a good deal? I haven't opened up my ps5 yet, haven't had much time to mess with it.

edit: is this shit $30 a month or $30 a year?
$30/year.

It’s about as cheap as it gets. I’ve seen it for $27 rarely.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its the best price you will get outside cdkeys or discord resellers who are dumping the bundled 1 year PS+ cards they got. i think you can only get 1 year via that though, and it wont work for existing subs

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry for the fucking retarted questions but when I sign up for this, it lets me download some of the games to my ps5, then when I cancel in a year since I'm a cheap bastard, do the games still work? Not that it matters, but I'm curious.

spronk

FPS noob
nope, the PS+ collection is only valid as long as you have a PS+ sub, same with the free monthly games you get with the sub

you can play all of them in a year tho

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
unless it changed, you can drop ps+ then get it back and the games you got previously will be playable again

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Its not XBL Gold but even if you only pick up the occasional free game its worth it. I have a ton of great games I would have probably bought that I eventually snagged for free from it. It always pays for itself. I don't even remember why I started getting it. Multiplayer or something back in the day?

spronk

FPS noob
if you're in the market for a PS5 and don't wanna bother with the usual shit ways of getting one, check out Facebook Marketplace this weekend. Resellers are a bit stuck right now, the major discord buying groups have all stopped buying them so bot runners with 40+ PS5s are dumping them for $600-650 on local FB marketplace, probably even cheaper if you buy 2-3. Same for Xbox Series X. I doubt it'll last long, but basically paying $50-75 over msrp (tax) is a pretty good deal imo.

don't bother with ebay, you don't wanna be shipping big shit right now everything is delayed. FB marketplace, offerup, craigslist, and local mercari are good spots for the next week. Anyone who is selling a TON of ps5s is gonna be a bit desperate to unload so you have some flexible negotiating power.

prices aren't gonna crash below MSRP and who knows what things will be like in a month but the next 7 days is definitely in the buyers favor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users