Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob

review embargo is up a week before release like nov 3d so plenty of time to wait and see if its good (i expect it will be) and preorder/download before release date. i've sorta given up on physical games and just buy digital now, gamestop does fuck all for trade values so may as well not have to swap discs

spronk

FPS noob
seems pretty universally positive so far, reviewers are playing for the next few weeks and can only talk about the first 5 hours today but review embargo drops Nov 3d, a week before release

im 99% gonna preorder digitally but may as well wait until nov 4th and see if reviewers i trust say the whole game is still good or not

i might replay the first game in easy mode and skip all the side quests (already plat'd the game long ago) to recatch up the basics

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
seems pretty universally positive so far, reviewers are playing for the next few weeks and can only talk about the first 5 hours today but review embargo drops Nov 3d, a week before release

im 99% gonna preorder digitally but may as well wait until nov 4th and see if reviewers i trust say the whole game is still good or not

i might replay the first game in easy mode and skip all the side quests (already plat'd the game long ago) to recatch up the basics

I'm hoping there's a well-constructed story video somewhere online so I can refresh. Don't feel any need to refresh on gameplay.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Other than the trigger stops I don't see anything that $200 controller has that my standard Dual Sense with back button kit doesn't. Buy a renewed controller (since they'll try to void your warranty for modding it anyway) for like $50, the Rise kit is $45-50 depending on whether you want 2 metal buttons or 4 plastic ones (4 metal should be out before the Edge ships too). The actual plastic isn't quite as nice as OEM but the grip is much better overall.

View attachment 438726

Only regret I have is not installing custom sticks at the same time as I did the rest of the work on it. Only like $15 for the kit which is the same as a set of KontrolFreeks but much more customizable.
oh cool i didn't know about being able to mod the ps5 controller so i got a extreme rate rise 4 kit

what are these stick mods?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
30fps/4k or 60fps and lesser resolution are the standard now.

Except Plague tale and the epic disaster of Gotham Knights... :p Where you are treated to glorious 1440p upscaled at 30fps - and Gotham Knights in glorious dynamic 4k with drops into the 20's...

This, Elden Ring, and HZD are the main blockbusters of the year. Make them count. Probably not going to see jack dick for another year or two :(

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Except Plague tale and the epic disaster of Gotham Knights... :p Where you are treated to glorious 1440p upscaled at 30fps - and Gotham Knights in glorious dynamic 4k with drops into the 20's...

This, Elden Ring, and HZD are the main blockbusters of the year. Make them count. Probably not going to see jack dick for another year or two :(

Motherfucking God of War, bitch! That’ll be number two behind Elden Ring.

-edit- I think I misunderstood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
in theory I would love to wait until GoW R. is coming to Steam and then I replay the first and second one .... but reality might be that I either get now a PS5 or play it on the PS4 pro which is collecting dust ;)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love how Sony's solution to stick drift is to make a $200 controller and then charge you $20 every time a stick goes to shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love how Sony's solution to stick drift is to make a $200 controller and then charge you $20 every time a stick goes to shit.

No shit. Been through 6 Sony controllers in 4 years.