Playstation 5

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I still occasionally buy physical, so when I'm done I can turn around and immediately sell it on eBay to make most of my money back - But as I say that, I rarely buy console games at release now now that I think about it, and my last few purchases were digital from PSN.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My library has become my best friend this past year ever since I got a PS5. Sucks for some new games, I am 20th in line for God of War: Ragnarok and there are ~6 copies in our library system, so even if everyone returns their game within 1 week I could still be waiting a month or longer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
My library has become my best friend this past year ever since I got a PS5. Sucks for some new games, I am 20th in line for God of War: Ragnarok and there are ~6 copies in our library system, so even if everyone returns their game within 1 week I could still be waiting a month or longer.
Libraries that have games are the best. I’ve played every good PS4 and PS5 game since I got my PS5 a while back without spending a dime on games.

I’m currently 3 in line for the new GOW. Just waiting for the library to get its copies in. Should be soon. New COD (also from the library) will hold me over until then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit. I need to check my library, or my old large cities library (that I still have a membership to).

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe my computer date is set to a year ago but it is showing out of stock on that link.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I buy everything digital and share it with my wife's console. It checks a few boxes for me; I don't participate in the resell market, 1 purchase for 2 users, and it's not like the cost of games has reflected the price increase.

We usually overbuy during black-friday and summer sales and that tides us over until the big releases.

spronk

FPS noob
Nov PS+ tiered games, Chorus is supposed to be pretty good and short its on gamepass too. I 100%'d edith finch last year, its not bad just a walking sim/puzzle game but fairly short and interesting.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nov PS+ tiered games, Chorus is supposed to be pretty good and short its on gamepass too. I 100%'d edith finch last year, its not bad just a walking sim/puzzle game but fairly short and interesting.

I loved Chorus - right up until I hit a bug after running an hour mission segment (which was quite difficult) and I couldn't progress - it then placed me right back at the start of that area after. I then noticed the bug (and others) were never patched and continually happen on all platforms - got pissed and said fuck it - watched the ending on youtube.

What remains of Edith Finch is a must play.

spronk

FPS noob
still available 12 hours later, PS5s should be on shelves for everyone pretty soon and then a week later PS5 Pro will come out (just kidding, probably 2024)

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
Just did in store pickup at best buy for a PS5 today GoW bundle. Just happened to look at availability and they were in stock.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are there any "cheap" good monitors for the PS5?

Right now I'm using my 65'' 4k TV which is nice for sure, but sometimes I feel I want to place the PS5 near my computer instead.

Sharing my AoC 34'' Ultrawide that I use my PC on does not seem to work that good with the PS5. 1440p gives me a non compatible error and changing the aspect ratio every time I go from PC to PS5 is too much of a hassle as it does not remember the settings I used last on each port.

Not planning on buying one right now. Any suggestion on what to keep an eye on for good sales would be appreciated

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've kept it on the TV since I need an excuse to get away from the pc desk. Nothing fancy, Samsung Q80 series.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
PS5 now supports 1440p, it was a very recent firmware update and you have to go into settings to tweak it

otherwise you could get something like the 42" LG OLED and double it as your monitor and PS5

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Ps5s are pretty easy to get now at walmart, target, best buy, gamestop, etc but if you are super busy and don't have time to wait for alerts and react immediately just request an invite on amazon, it comes thru within a few days. just for a test i requested one last week and got the invites today for 2 of these, and they are good for 72 hours. its tied to your account so can't pass it on or anything, and the resell value on these things is near zero now.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
PS5 now supports 1440p, it was a very recent firmware update and you have to go into settings to tweak it

otherwise you could get something like the 42" LG OLED and double it as your monitor and PS5
Yea I tried that 1440p option but it says the hdmi product is not compatible for some reason.

Edit: I just googled the error and it seems it must be a 16:9 monitor for it to work.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there any "cheap" good monitors for the PS5?
Depends on what you mean by "good". You can get a 27" or 32" 1440p monitor with passable HDR, but if you want 120Hz you need to stick to the native 1440p support instead of sending a 4K signal and downsampling it (which looks better, so that's definitely the way to go for games that only do 4K60). Sony's implementation of VRR is so limited that you won't get that on anything remotely close to "cheap" either. Especially compared to what you can get by just buying a TV.

Rtings' pick for lower mid-range: LG 27GP850-B Review (usually $325-360 at Amazon, never buy a monitor from a 3rd party that ships direct as you'll get fucked if there's any dead pixels)

The 32" version of that is about $400-420, which could make for a better deal on Black Friday, etc.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yea I tried that 1440p option but it says the hdmi product is not compatible for some reason.

Edit: I just googled the error and it seems it must be a 16:9 monitor for it to work.
Ah that makes since. Doesn't work on my ultrawide as well. Legitimately makes me want to switch to an Xbox because my PS5 stays in my office space.