Playstation 5

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe it's just me, but this shit pisses me off. I do not want to see graphical quality settings on a console. All games should be targeting at a minimum 45FPS. If your game can't do that with all the fancy features turned on, then don't use them. I don't give a fuck about ray tracing if I'm presented with a 30FPS slideshow.

Also, does anyone else find the PS5 controller's analog sticks really uncomfortable? They are killing my thumb. I never had this problem with the PS3/4.
Why is giving people a choice a bad thing? People have different preferences and your minimum threshold may be a lot higher than others.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Why is giving people a choice a bad thing? People have different preferences and your minimum threshold may be a lot higher than others.
Then why has it NOT been a choice up until now? To me it feels like these next-gen consoles aren't *quite* there yet and had to make sacrifices for 4K. If you can't do it, then don't do it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I disagree with that. I’d much rather have the option. Some people prioritize graphics, some prioritize frame rates. Hardlocking to one or the other would disappoint people and hurt sales. If it was simply a 4K at hard locked 30 console I wouldn’t buy it. Would I prefer 4K at 60 or 120 in every game? Well yeah but I don’t want to buy a $1500 console, and don’t think most other people would either. It’ll get there eventually.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Then why has it NOT been a choice up until now?

Because until very recently consoles didn't have the power to offer a choice. Recent two generations were locked at 720p30, 1080p30 up until the PS pro where they offered some hynamic 4k resolutions. Then new technology in ray tracing hit and these are fixed consoles - it isn't like you can just throw in an upgrade. So people have the options to leverage frames, graphical, or a mix of both. I see nothing wrong with that. I think at some point sure, it would be nice if everything hit 4k60 with ray tracing on a console - when that happens, I guaeantee you a new graphical technology will come out and with that enabled will bump it back down to 30 FPS again or disable that graphical feature.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe it's just me, but this shit pisses me off. I do not want to see graphical quality settings on a console. All games should be targeting at a minimum 45FPS. If your game can't do that with all the fancy features turned on, then don't use them. I don't give a fuck about ray tracing if I'm presented with a 30FPS slideshow.

Also, does anyone else find the PS5 controller's analog sticks really uncomfortable? They are killing my thumb. I never had this problem with the PS3/4.

lol what? People should be forced to play on framerate mode and having the options pisses you off?

Ok..

ShakyJake

<Donor>
lol what? People should be forced to play on framerate mode and having the options pisses you off?

Ok..
It's not that. It's the fact that the console is becoming too close to a PC. What's next? A host of graphical settings for draw distance, character model detail, etc etc?

Although I would be surprised if anyone honestly preferred quality over performance.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's not that. It's the fact that the console is becoming too close to a PC. What's next? A host of graphical settings for draw distance, character model detail, etc etc?

Although I would be surprised if anyone honestly preferred quality over performance.

There are some cosmetic options that do not harm performance (Turning on or off Film Grain, Depth of field, etc) and a chance to have graphical quality in 4k or performance modes if they prefer frames. Anything else is pretty hard to do with a fixed hardware device that as of today is already 3 years old with strict costs to hit a price point in mind. I am happy to have the option. I am guessing next gen (Not half step) we will see all games 4k60 and if you want ray tracing 30 (Hopefully more but I doubt it considering these systems are already loss leads at $499 price points) Introduce HDMI 2.1 and you have options. I guess I do not see the complaint.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are some cosmetic options that do not harm performance (Turning on or off Film Grain, Depth of field, etc) and a chance to have graphical quality in 4k or performance modes if they prefer frames. Anything else is pretty hard to do with a fixed hardware device that as of today is already 3 years old with strict costs to hit a price point in mind. I am happy to have the option. I am guessing next gen (Not half step) we will see all games 4k60 and if you want ray tracing 30 (Hopefully more but I doubt it considering these systems are already loss leads at $499 price points) Introduce HDMI 2.1 and you have options. I guess I do not see the complaint.
Isn’t ps5 HDMI 2.1 already? I had to update my cable to one cause the ps5 was fucking up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Isn’t ps5 HDMI 2.1 already? I had to update my cable to one cause the ps5 was fucking up.

Yeah sorry that is what I meant - options with HDMI 2.1 on this gen. Your PS5 should have come with an HDMI 2.1 cable though - not long enough?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah sorry that is what I meant - options with HDMI 2.1 on this gen. Your PS5 should have come with an HDMI 2.1 cable though - not long enough?
Yeah, my ps5 sits 30 feet from the tv I use it on. It’s a basement theatre type setup so it’s in the AV room.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

I almost always use quality over performance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you have PS+ Premium you can play tactics ogre for 2 hours, might check it out after Hogwarts

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Need some help. Is there any way to turn OFF the force feedback on the L2/R2 buttons (so they act like a PS4 controller?). I'm in the middle of my GoT game and everything is linked to R2. When it's not being used for the bow, it's a dead key with no spring back and I cannot count how many times I've died because I accidentally hit the fucking button.

spronk

FPS noob
yes, settings / accessories / controllers / trigger intensity. I set mine to off along with vibration and color to low

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Since I just picked up my PS5 last week my dad ordered me PGA 2K23. First golf game since Tiger Woods 2003 or 04, and maybe Hot Shots 2. Seems cool so far but I’ve got some dopey 50 year old generic white dough boy golfer. Need to edit that and Dechambro it up.

spronk

FPS noob

thats pretty fast for HFW. May try out Scarlet Nexus, I think it was on gamepass last year

lol at buying games, i'm down to just buying 2-4 games a year now. This year probably just Hogwarts, TOTK, FF16, Spiderman 2, and Armored Core.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user