Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
ps+ premium is getting better, it was mostly crap for a while now although I really enjoyed Chorus last month. This month is really good though, Ratchet and Clank and Watch Dogs Legion which i'm pretty sure is a shit game but now i can decide for myself.

yeah its 100% not worth subbing at MSRP NOW, but when they did the conversion last year it was a fantastic chance to get in on an insane deal if you were smart. If you had years of PS+ and at least one month of PSNow you got the full time of PS+ converted to PS+ Premium. I had 8 years of PS+ and 1 year of PSNow and now I have 7 years left of PS+ Premium and it cost me absolutely nothing extra, saving me $480 ($60*8 years). now way in fuck will I pay $120/yr for PS+ Premium now though.

spronk

FPS noob
buncha new games added to ps+ and some trials, i played an hour of cult of the lamb and it was pretty fun/weird. Ghostbusters the video game (the one with the OG movie VA cast) is also on there, for some reason I never played it even though i own it on steam

also some of the tomb raiders, conan exiles, Ratchet and Clank (GREAT ps5 game), evil within 2, and some new puzzle game called Humanity from japan. It released today straight to PS+ Extra or Premium

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The wife surprised me with a PS5 today, any must plays? Loaded up Horizon FW to check out the haptic feedback and it is really cool but also very distracting. Going to take a while to get use to that.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The wife surprised me with a PS5 today, any must plays? Loaded up Horizon FW to check out the haptic feedback and it is really cool but also very distracting. Going to take a while to get use to that.

Demon's Souls remake if you're interested, and Ghost of Tsushima if you haven't played it yet for PS4.

PS5 is also backwards compatible and there's games that can be upgraded from their PS4 versions if you have some sitting on your shelf you haven't touched yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

God of War 2018
Horizon Zero Dawn (Original)
Demon Soul's remake
Days Gone
All the Uncharted Games
Spiderman

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

i have both so dont really care but it kinda whack how dominant PS5 is in "must play" games vs xbox

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

i have both so dont really care but it kinda whack how dominant PS5 is in "must play" games vs xbox

They look good - save KOTOR remake which is going to be a fucking shit fest of social justice bullshit unless they fired that lunatic spearheading it after the first initial scrap.

GOT 2, SH2 remake, Deathstranding 2, Spider man 2... Looks like I will be dusting off the PS5.

Last of us Multiplayer can fuck right off along with that shit bag leading the company. I'll never purchase another naughty dog product again.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I expect one more TLOU title is all that is needed to kill the title.

Hope it launches asap.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I expect one more TLOU title is all that is needed to kill the title.

Hope it launches asap.

I’m glad I have a save in the first game that allows me to go back and brutally murder Roidchick’s dad from time to time… hmm, I need to see what they’ve done with mods on pc and “acquire” the game on it.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The Astro game for PS5 (can't remember the name but I think it's preloaded on the system) is really good and shows off a lot of the system's strong points. Especially the controller features. It's about...3 hours I want to say (6 hours if you 100% it) and super fun. It plays a lot like a 3D Mario game (specifically Mario Sunshine) except it looks way nicer than any Mario game has ever looked.

Beyond that...IDK, depends on what you're into. Elden Ring on PS5 is a bit of a must, as is Ghost of Tsushima, if you haven't played those. Even if you have, ER is worth playing again and Ghost gets significant improvements on PS5.

God of War Ragnarok is probably the big PS5-exclusive at this point in time.

Edit: Also Demon Souls Remake is a good time if you're into Souls. If not, pass. Elden Ring I'd recommend to anyone, even people who aren't into Souls games. DSR on the other hand is more of an acquired taste and I'd only suggest it to Souls aficionados.

As for the Playstation showcase...looks like one of the most loaded in history. Surprised at the lack of Fromsoft contributions though. Maybe Spellbound will be the big unnanounced "surprise game" they often have at the end?

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have both too and still don't see what the big deal is really. Every game that isn't a PS5 exclusive is "must play" on Xbox imo, simply because the console, controller, OS, infrastructure (e.g. Smart Delivery, Game Pass) is just so much better. Plus, Sony will find a way to inject near-lethal levels of soy into any of those exclusives that they have control over.

Loaded up Horizon FW to check out the haptic feedback and it is really cool but also very distracting. Going to take a while to get use to that.
Best thing to do is check out Astro's Playroom and then shut it off at the system level for everything else. All it does is make the triggers harder to pull, which slows down your reaction time when you want to pull the trigger and causes fatigue over longer gaming sessions (especially if you already have an existing RSI problem like I do). It's especially stupid in shooters where they try to make the triggers feel "realistic" but what it really feels like is if every gun had the pull weight of a double action revolver.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have both too and still don't see what the big deal is really. Every game that isn't a PS5 exclusive is "must play" on Xbox imo, simply because the console, controller, OS, infrastructure (e.g. Smart Delivery, Game Pass) is just so much better. Plus, Sony will find a way to inject near-lethal levels of soy into any of those exclusives that they have control over.

Best thing to do is check out Astro's Playroom and then shut it off at the system level for everything else. All it does is make the triggers harder to pull, which slows down your reaction time when you want to pull the trigger and causes fatigue over longer gaming sessions (especially if you already have an existing RSI problem like I do). It's especially stupid in shooters where they try to make the triggers feel "realistic" but what it really feels like is if every gun had the pull weight of a double action revolver.
I will probably end up doing that, I am sure it kills the battery faster as well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will probably end up doing that, I am sure it kills the battery faster as well.
Yep, battery life for the DualSense is already absurdly low if you're used to controllers like 8bitdo Pro 2, PowerA Fusion Pro (Switch), Xbox with 2600+mAh rechargeables, etc. so that's another reason to leave it off. Playing Hogwart's a few months ago there were many times I had to swap out my modded DS for the stock one because the battery died. Lucky to get much beyond a couple hours out of it when I need to plug in my headset too. Nothing should be using 1560mAh at this point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve read Ratchet and Clank is pretty good too. Haven’t played it yet but will probably pick it up some day. My ps5 is hooked up in the basement theatre area so we forget about it a lot. Something like RaC might get my son interested enough that we start playing it more.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Before anyone gets too excited, it's worth pointing out that that guy did slap an asterisk to his tweet explaining that he has no insider info on the State of Play. Those are just games that have been hinted at or rumored, or games that have been announced and we just haven't heard from in a while. So yeah, don't expect to see anything like that full list show up. Spider-Man feels like a lock, though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah don't think half of that will make it, for example I'd assume FFVII Reborn won't be previewed before FFXVI has been released just to avoid confusion/hype issues. Dragon's Dogma 2 I'm not sure is an exclusive platform deal(maybe though) and don't know if it's anywhere near ready to start promoting and such.