Playstation 5

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I mean if there's a new Gran Turismo or maybe an Uncharted spin-off or a new GTA, I'm all in.
I just don't want to cum early, in case they come out with a PRO and I'm stuck with a NORMIE.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I mean if there's a new Gran Turismo or maybe an Uncharted spin-off or a new GTA, I'm all in.
I just don't want to cum early, in case they come out with a PRO and I'm stuck with a NORMIE.
the good stuff doesn't even come out UNTIL they issue a PRO or ver2 anyway.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea i just found out this weeked, the ps4 can't play ps3 games (wife wanted to play ffxiii-2), had to take it out of storage.

but really how many times do ppl play old gen games?

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Other than sometimes pissing on your sagging old man balls, peeing while sitting is the tops!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If PS+ continues to give out PS4 games for a while, it would be nice to be able play on the PS5; especially if you can run them in higher res or higher framerate.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
aside from the ps3 looking ugly compared to the ps4, it wasn't even difficult to swap, they both use the same rounded power cable, (ps2 has a square round) just unplug 3 cables and swap in (i have ethernet too).

it's actually more annoying to transfer ps4 between rooms, living room for vr.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
aside from the ps3 looking ugly compared to the ps4, it wasn't even difficult to swap, they both use the same rounded power cable, (ps2 has a square round) just unplug 3 cables and swap in (i have ethernet too).

it's actually more annoying to transfer ps4 between rooms, living room for vr.

This is the most first world complaint I’ve seen in a while, congrats.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The question is: will it be the last gen console? The thing will most probably deliver 60fps on 4k screens (two values that have no actual reason to ever need to go up) with all the bells and whistles and only super AAA games can afford to use all the bells and whistles anyway. I guess what would require more raw power would be higher resolution VR goggles, but the same 10 guys care about those every 10 years. Another way it can be the last gen console is if the gen after that they go with stream boxes, leaving the heavy lifting to server farms (I must say though that I don't believe in this tech because I don't believe in magic (or magical infrastructures if you will).

This is pure nonsense. 60 fps on 4K is not even achievable today on a $1000-1500 video card and a $3K+ PC (60 FPS average with no solw downs). And youre speculating 60 fps 4K on a $500+ console? Yeah, good luck with that. They are still having a hard time providing 1080P with 60FPS on the upgraded PS4 pro and the new XBONE or whatever the fuck the new one is in some games. While an average $1200 PC can utterly SLAY 1080P with 150 FPS+ everything on ultra in most games with a mid range video card.

Maybe the next gen consoles will finally deliver 1080p 60+ FPS.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ronaan Ronaan next holiday season.

That’s me this friday

3CF661FF-4B95-4A00-8E27-206788F3D951.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
yea i just found out this weeked, the ps4 can't play ps3 games (wife wanted to play ffxiii-2), had to take it out of storage.

Honestly for quite some time. That was a major selling point to me. I'm buying the 5, handing down the 4 pro to my son who is on the fence with fully going to a 5 or just going to PC gaming. However, chances are real good I won't be playing any actual next gen games for a while, because let's be real the majority of the games coming out the first year of a new gen's console are shit anyway, and I'll still be way into Nioh 2 and other late gen games at that time. I was planning on waiting until the second-third year of release before picking up a 5 for that reason, but with full BC, and I've heard a "boost" mode for those older games, it will serve me well.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly for quite some time. That was a major selling point to me. I'm buying the 5, handing down the 4 pro to my son who is on the fence with fully going to a 5 or just going to PC gaming. However, chances are real good I won't be playing any actual next gen games for a while, because let's be real the majority of the games coming out the first year of a new gen's console are shit anyway, and I'll still be way into Nioh 2 and other late gen games at that time. I was planning on waiting until the second-third year of release before picking up a 5 for that reason, but with full BC, and I've heard a "boost" mode for those older games, it will serve me well.
Be a good father, get your son into PC gaming

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Constantly. I played ps1 shit a couple weeks ago, ps2 stuff once in a while. SNES off and on all the time. I don’t play ps3 stuff ever though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Constantly. I played ps1 shit a couple weeks ago, ps2 stuff once in a while. SNES off and on all the time. I don’t play ps3 stuff ever though.
hey i said b4, i have a ps1 and ps2 hooked up in my basement, cuz they're the ones with DDR, but thats like a really specific niche heh.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think they're actually still kinda ambiguous on the level of backward compatibility that's been officially announced thus far. If they're not fully backward compatible (with digital library transferring, etc) with the PS4 that'll be a huge mistake.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I think they're actually still kinda ambiguous on the level of backward compatibility that's been officially announced thus far. If they're not fully backward compatible (with digital library transferring, etc) with the PS4 that'll be a huge mistake.

If they opt not to make it backward compatible, there would be no good reason other than laziness or greed. I understand why PS4 wasn't backward compatible with 3, because the PS3 ran Cell architecture whereas PS4 was x86, so likely the only way they'd be able to make it work would have been by plopping down a Cell CPU in the PS4. Both PS4 and PS5 are x86 based, so there are no architectural limitations.

• 2Like