Playstation 5

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prices announced or did someone already mention this? $399 for digital and 100 extra for fat console. As expected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every game is going to be $70
I expected it for new, next gen games, but using that pricing for a remaster which afaik doesn't even add anything (like the missing world) is bullshit. One thing's for sure, I'm going to get a lot more mileage out of my GameFly membership than I have in the past year or so.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I wonder how this is going to impact the value of my PS4 Pro. Was hoping to do a trade-in or something but might be wiser to just sell it on OfferUp or something.
You're wondering what a new console sold at the same price as your current console that does everything your existing console does better and plays an entirely new generation of games is going to do to your to your resale value? Here's a hint:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I expected it for new, next gen games, but using that pricing for a remaster which afaik doesn't even add anything (like the missing world) is bullshit. One thing's for sure, I'm going to get a lot more mileage out of my GameFly membership than I have in the past year or so.
It looks like they did quite a bit of work for a remaster though. I’d be more upset about the $50 Spiderman DLC

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These fucks canceled all 3 of my orders.
My one order hasn't been cancelled, perhaps there's a faggotry detector in place for scalpers.

Yeah I think so. We still have to wait and see what the required specs are for replacement or adding onto it
There's a real lack of technical info and detailed specs about the PS5 still. Far as I know the add-on SSDs still don't officially exist, and from what I read I don't think they will be certifying any existing PC drive models. It sounds like they are all new hardware, and likely to be ridiculously priced at least to start. Might do me good to be that low on drive space, it'll force me to actually finish shit before starting on the next new and shiny thing.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Agree with the "3D sound" gimmic, but their SSD tech could be a thing

Pretty interesting. I was extremely skeptical at how the SSD tech in a console could make it "superior" to PC--never even considered the fact that software was the key difference. So what they are saying is their SoCs will allow their SSDs to be used in ways that can't happen on PC.

But that seems like it will only be useful for PS5 exclusives right? Since every other game has to be made with the more general SSD read software, no?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Even not being designed to take advantage of the new technology, PS5 should run PS4 games better.

That plus collection is a nice add to the release but mid-November till I'm hoping the New Year will be spent on PC playing Cyberpunk 2077.