Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop offers $200 as well if you trade towards a ps5 or X if you dont wanna deal with shipping shit, its kind of annoying with amazon since you have to wait for them to grade it etc and if they reject it for any reason they ship it back to you and its usually all broken up and shit.

gonna be more disc PS5s than digital, i'd guess the digital loses Sony a small amount of money while disc is probably break even or slightly profitable

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Got one earlier at bestbuy.ca, had to settle for the disc version, the digital one was sold out. I'll try to get a digital one before release and cancel this, but if I can't I don't really have an issue with the disc version.
Same with me. Fucking credit card did an extra security check and that was enough to fuck me out of the digital version. In any case, if I get a digital I'll cancel this but not a big deal. Remastered Demon's Souls = Day 1 must have.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
gamestop offers $200 as well if you trade towards a ps5 or X if you dont wanna deal with shipping shit, its kind of annoying with amazon since you have to wait for them to grade it etc and if they reject it for any reason they ship it back to you and its usually all broken up and shit.

gonna be more disc PS5s than digital, i'd guess the digital loses Sony a small amount of money while disc is probably break even or slightly profitable

Yeah I also went in to trade my PS4 to gamestop that was in perfect condition and the manager came back and offered way less than the site claimed. Fuck em.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'll wait for rev2 or whenever ffxvi comes out, still weary of being an early adopter ps2 pre-order

man remember when in order to "qualify" for the pre-order you had to buy an extra controller and 3 games, ha

pretty sure thats the only reason i have "the summoner"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i'll wait for rev2 or whenever ffxvi comes out, still weary of being an early adopter ps2 pre-order

man remember when in order to "qualify" for the pre-order you had to buy an extra controller and 3 games, ha

Man The Summoner sucked but The summoner 2 was really good for the time and sadly no one played it because how much the first sucked. It was probably the biggest hidden gem for ps2 for me, it really sucked me in. It fixed all the bad shit from the first one and had interesting characters and story.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
gamestop offers $200 as well if you trade towards a ps5 or X if you dont wanna deal with shipping shit
Plus that $200 trade-in is locked in until mid-November, while the Amazon price could change at any time which sucks if you don't want to sell the thing ~2 months early. Amazon is only offering $190 for X1X too. Tempted to go to my local GS tomorrow and try to get a disc version preordered, then do the same again next week for a Series X. $600 is a lot more palatable than a grand, since until the Demon's Souls announcement I had no intention of buying a PS5 for 6-12 months. I don't think it will be a problem to cancel a Walmart preorder.

Yeah I also went in to trade my PS4 to gamestop that was in perfect condition and the manager came back and offered way less than the site claimed. Fuck em.
They tried that shit with me when I upgraded from OG to Pro. The manager said it was worth $50 less because I had swapped out the HD (even though I put the original one back in because I wasn't about to give them my 2TB SSHD). I just came back the next morning when different people were working and was going to lie, but nobody even asked about the drive the second time anyway.

spronk

FPS noob
their website is down now due to everyone trying to get a PS5 but but i believe you have to put some money towards a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X preorder in order to get the "full" trade value of a ps4/xbox. Without that you'll get a lesser amount.

May want to wait anyways, sometimes Microsoft or Sony will goose numbers and give Gamestop an extra $50-100 bonus for every trade in. I don't really see it happening this holiday with demand so strong unfortunately.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Again, it's up to the workers at the store to what they'll give you. I didn't feel like going back in after the dipshit at mine offered like $65 less than the site claimed. (was toward a ps4pro at the time)

• 1Like

Vorph

their website is down now due to everyone trying to get a PS5 but but i believe you have to put some money towards a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X preorder in order to get the "full" trade value of a ps4/xbox. Without that you'll get a lesser amount.

May want to wait anyways, sometimes Microsoft or Sony will goose numbers and give Gamestop an extra $50-100 bonus for every trade in. I don't really see it happening this holiday with demand so strong unfortunately.
I got into their site finally, here's what it says about trades:
Up to $200 Trade Credit
Offer valid 9/16/20 - 11/30/20 for select system trades only. *$200 - XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO *$175 - NINTENDO SWITCH, PS4 1TB *$125 - NINTENDO SWITCH LITE, XBOX ONE S, PS4 500GB *$100 - XBOX ONE 500GB. Offer valid toward pre-order of new PS5 or XBOX Series X|S consoles. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

So it looks like you can just preorder a PS5 or Xbox and then wait until release day to do the trade like normal. Sometimes they ask for a deposit, but in my experience you can say no or give them like $5. Kind of dumb since you don't put any money down until it ships if you order online, but whatever. I'll go there in the morning and find out for sure I guess.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
was up so far at

walmart - around 15 mins
target - around 30 mins
best buy - another 30-45 mins, hard to say site crashed. I think its still up
gamestop - in store around 10-20 physical, 4-10 digital copies per store. online up now but site is dead due to cloudflare thinking all the visitors are bots

not up at amazon nor direct from Sony.

There WILL be a second wave, gamestop will get another round of preorders in a few days/weeks after they talk to Sony about attach rates and stuff, and Walmart has tweeted out that more PS5 pre orders will go live Sept 22 (same day as xbox).

I'd guess 50-80% of these orders are all being done by cook groups/resellers who want to flip the PS5s. I have no idea what that means for price stability, or what levels there are of supply and demand. Since everywhere takes returns for at least 30 days, possibly longer due to extended holiday returns, you'll see some crazy things around release.

I got in 3 pre orders, 1 digital and 2 physical. Not sure yet in my family how many relatives want, I'm probably gonna keep the digital for myself.

If you can get in some URLs that have it available right now

hope you haven't been wasting too much time on PS5's though china, a bunch of RTX 3080s were in stock at newegg on and off today
The Walmart twitter account was saying an hour ago that presales start at midnight tonight despite having been 4 hours ago. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about it.

I don't see any reason to think there will be additional presale stock.

spronk

FPS noob
sony sent out emails a few minutes ago to people who were selected to preorder PS5s directly from them, it will open up friday

Vorph

Knowing Sony, they'll probably charge your CC immediately if you preorder from them too.

• 1Truth!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is the same reason as much as I am very interested I will wait till the second or third batch because by then the teething pains and early defects should be nailed down.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I see no compelling reason to preorder this nor do I see how scalpers are even going to be able to make money on this

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
That's what I get for fucking working another stupid 14 hour day. My boss (who is on vaca this week and is a super cool dude) texted me and said: Presale started!!! we chatted as my BB cart refused to load and I was thinking, I guess they jumped the gun. Then I flip to twitter where EVERYONE is chortling about preordering and I just realize I'm f'ed. Also no PSN invite.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That's what I get for fucking working another stupid 14 hour day. My boss (who is on vaca this week and is a super cool dude) texted me and said: Presale started!!! we chatted as my BB cart refused to load and I was thinking, I guess they jumped the gun. Then I flip to twitter where EVERYONE is chortling about preordering and I just realize I'm f'ed. Also no PSN invite.
you still have a shot at Amazon. last shot

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Profit margin on these will be 300 min

giphy.gif