Playstation 5

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So much for "knowing that everyone has our super-fast SSD will allow us to remove all the redundant assets we normally have to duplicate all over the place in archives" I guess. If a PS5 exclusive isn't bothering with it, nobody's going to.

True. I assume that the Miles morales edition is the full Spiderman game + the expansion/dlc Morales content. Too much of a hassle to rework the game from the ground up since it's a two year old title (several years in the making).

The problem I see with the new SSD tech in the PS5 (in terms of actually lowering the file size, not the speed of loading) it is that for the first year or two most games will be released for new and old consoles as many people won't upgrade until a bit later. However, if they make the game fully feature the SSD as advertised, and remove all redundant textures, then the games might not even work on old gen hardware. They'd have to make two specific versions.

My guess is that as long as the games support both PS4 and PS5 and aren't made only for the PS5 from the ground up, developers will not time consumingly delete all extra textures/data just to lower the file size for the PS5 users. Until games go "PS5 only", PS5 games will probably be just as large as PS4, Xbox, PC. I think the problem will probably also apply to all next gen titles that are shared between the new Xbox, PC, and PS5. As only the PS5 has the tech/software for it at the moment that I know of.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So much for "knowing that everyone has our super-fast SSD will allow us to remove all the redundant assets we normally have to duplicate all over the place in archives" I guess. If a PS5 exclusive isn't bothering with it, nobody's going to.
As with all console gen releases the launch ones rarely make full use of its capability.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was literally one of the first one's to preorder on the planet and I also got an Amazon email saying "May be delayed".

Ha.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Based on what?

As soon as that Wario 64 twitter thing popped and it sent me directly to the Amazon order page.

(I have no metrics - I would like to think so though considering they had more batches on Amazon way after I pre-ordered mine and I still received the email.I had my order in within about 3 minutes of that thing going up)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
As soon as that Wario 64 twitter thing popped and it sent me directly to the Amazon order page.

(I have no metrics - I would like to think so though considering they had more batches on Amazon way after I pre-ordered mine and I still received the email.I had my order in within about 3 minutes of that thing going up)
It went around well before Wario got his hands on it. What's the time stamp on your confirmation e-mail?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Wasn’t that link wario64s affiliate link so it actually didn’t go around beforehand?
No, the link leaked prior and Wario64 got wind of it shared it. My buddy is a member of one of those exclusive sneaker flipping groups and he sent me the link at 10:39 CST.

The actual product listing for the PS5 SKUs was supposed to remain hidden until midnight but that link leaked which bypassed the need for the product page to place the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
1600558223712.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, the link leaked prior and Wario64 got wind of it shared it. My buddy is a member of one of those exclusive sneaker flipping groups and he sent me the link at 10:39 CST.

The actual product listing for the PS5 SKUs was supposed to remain hidden until midnight but that link leaked which bypassed the need for the product page to place the order.

interesting. It must have gotten out quickly because I saw Wario’s link and ordered right away and my order confirmation email says 8:43 (10:43 central)

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I got one from Shopper Drug Mart. (Pharmaprix here in Quebec) TBH I have been buying all my video games from thems since 4-5 years. Their pre-order was supposed to start friday at 6pm (East) but their website literally died. Went back up 3 hours later and I finally got one. I could not get online on the english site but I got one from the French version.

They have the best points system that can be used in house or various grocery stores. I sometimes wonder how they make money. I got a second switch last November and I literally got 220$ back in points. (2 bonus that stacked) I just wait for the X20 points event (almost every weeks) and you get pretty much 25% back. I get all my brand new games from thems in the first week and save 25%. I will have almost enough points accumulated until mid November to pay my PS5 fully.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

well either way I was pretty damn close and I still got that email so leads me to believe they just sent it to everyone to cover their ass.