Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are famous examples of digital games that became unavailable like P.T. or Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Has it ever been the case for games that were also available in physical format ?

Elemental: War of Magic is the only one I’ve encountered that I can remember.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There are famous examples of digital games that became unavailable like P.T. or Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Has it ever been the case for games that were also available in physical format ?

You'd probably be looking more at an example of a physical disc/game that required a day 1 patch to work or that fixed some game breaking bug. I do believe there are examples of this but can't cite them for 100% accuracy.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So it's a non-issue.

I’d say it’s way down on the list for reasons close enough to zero to be a non issue. Me personally it just comes down to cost. I’d save $100 on used and borrowed games pretty quickly. Also my ps4 library is mostly discs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yep for me, with Gamefly and the added cost of $70 to games and BB Gamers club going away - Physical for me is a no brainer. Digital locks me out of rentals, game trades, used games, etc. Now if they had a way to trade digital licenses to others for a very small nominal transfer fee, maybe - but I doubt something like that would ever happen due to the reality it would be abused.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

not a big surprise, its like moving from PS3 to PS4 saves didn't come across for cross gen games. Your PS4 saves will work on PS4 games, so in theory you should be able to run the PS4 version of spooderman and load your saves

also means its a set of new trophies so you could play spiderman all over again if you wanna re-platinum it

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You also don’t run the risk of losing your entire library if your account gets banned for whatever reason if you have discs.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I can't imagine why people would even want to have communication on with people on a console who wasn't already a good friend, much less manage to get banned.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can't imagine why people would even want to have communication on with people on a console who wasn't already a good friend, much less manage to get banned.

I’ve read about people getting banned for using a bad/stolen PlayStation online card that they got from ebay but no idea of the truth of that. I usually buy them from legit stores when they have sales.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Cry me a river, just play the PS4 version on your ps5.

You don’t work for free, why do you except a free graphics upgrade on a 2 year old game.

Your fine, calm down

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Game Pass comparison is where the Sony fanboi went full retard.

That said, any half-assed (or not exactly half-assed, but priced at $70) "remaster" that expects me to pay full price again is getting put in the GameFly queue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's like they are going for the worse possible way to market this.

That said, I have no intention of replaying the original which I loved, I'm only interested in the Miles Morales "expansion" but at $50 I'll be waiting to see the reviews and the amount of content you get for it. I'm not paying $50 for 5 hours DLC.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's like they are going for the worse possible way to market this.

That said, I have no intention of replaying the original which I loved, I'm only interested in the Miles Morales "expansion" but at $50 I'll be waiting to see the reviews and the amount of content you get for it. I'm not paying $50 for 5 hours DLC.
The DLC content is supposedly not that much, like 10 or so hours.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Cry me a river, just play the PS4 version on your ps5.

You don’t work for free, why do you except a free graphics upgrade on a 2 year old game.

Your fine, calm down

The problem is this isn’t a remaster. It’s just a step up patch which was free for every game that received ps pro enhancements and this particular wanker publisher is trying to charge for it to sell their severely gimped and over priced DLC. The precedent was set with patches for ps pro were included. From the get go.

I would agree with you if they did any work. They didn’t do jack shit for the “remaster” for the original and want to monetize it. MS has a clear advantage here if they start producing any good 1st party titles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ve read about people getting banned for using a bad/stolen PlayStation online card that they got from ebay but no idea of the truth of that. I usually buy them from legit stores when they have sales.
Also they ban you for pretty much any credit card chargeback last I heard.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The problem is this isn’t a remaster. It’s just a step up patch which was free for every game that received ps pro enhancements and this particular wanker publisher is trying to charge for it to sell their severely gimped and over priced DLC. The precedent was set with patches for ps pro were included. From the get go.

I would agree with you if they did any work. They didn’t do jack shit for the “remaster” for the original and want to monetize it. MS has a clear advantage here if they start producing any good 1st party titles.
It’s also something that you look at and compare to competitors. Of course they don’t have to offer it as a free upgrade, but almost everyone else is. And then they offer no way to actually get those upgrades without paying $60 for a dlc that should be $10

• 1Truth!