Playstation 5

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean Sony said it's up to the developpers to choose if they want free upgrades and a bunch of games are already announced with free upgrades. It's just Sony also decided to not apply this shit to their OWN game. Bunch of retards. Granted if/when I get a PS5, since I didn't buy Spiderman on PS4 I won't care too much personally but that's a really stupid move. I guess they know they can't sell the Morales addon at a decent price because it doesn't add enough content maybe?

Also they ban you for pretty much any credit card chargeback last I heard.

So does Microsoft, and really most places like that, chargebacks aren't meant as free refunds because they incur various penalties on the seller. You can get unbanned by paying the amount back again, but obviously if you did a chargeback in the first place it's unlikely you'd want to pay it again.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So does Microsoft, and really most places like that, chargebacks aren't meant as free refunds because they incur various penalties on the seller. You can get unbanned by paying the amount back again, but obviously if you did a chargeback in the first place it's unlikely you'd want to pay it again.
I wasn’t intending the comment to be a Sony vs Microsoft thing, more of something to consider when going all digital since you lose your entire digital library if that happens. Probably won’t matter for the vast majority of people (I’ve never been banned).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wasn’t intending the comment to be a Sony vs Microsoft thing, more of something to consider when going all digital since you lose your entire digital library if that happens. Probably won’t matter for the vast majority of people (I’ve never been banned).
Oh yeah it's definitely a potential issue I think I mentionned it when I made the list of possible reasons not to go digital. Granted in most cases, you'd be the one initiating the chargeback so you know what you're getting into, but in some cases the bank might do some bullshit and you get banned for that. Getting unbanned though generally only requires that you pay what you owe as I mentionned, which if it's the bank fucking around isn't a big problem, although if it happens during the weekend you might be fucked until monday, and that kinda sucks.

Overall it's not a great idea unless you're really strapped for money I think, you'll be able to make the money back pretty easily just off physical sales if you don't buy everything new, or from reselling games if you do that and not having the option to convert it back at all(like say a PC where you can always just buy a dvd player if for some reason you were to buy physical discs, unlikely but just an example). I guess you could resell the console and buy a standard one later, but I assume the digital one will lose value a lot more once the availability of the console isn't an issue anymore.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Pre orders went live in Norway in April for many major retailers. The console was listed at $1k, where the price would be lowered to match the real amount when the price was announced. Even at that price, thousands upon thousands were pre-ordered, and stores that followed "normal" pre orders now in September had to close their sales 15 minutes in because sales were way beyond the number of consoles they had confirmed they would get.

So what does that mean? Pre-order e-mails are now going out saying that people that pre ordered even in July of this year have expectant delivery dates of July 2021 or later. Ordering one now would probably get you in for Christmas 2021 unless Sony steps up their production game.

I don't like resellers, but with total messes like these, I can fully understand them. You could make bank here. I expect VERY high prices on ebay or the Norwegian equivalents unless Sony delivers way more consoles than what retailers have gotten confirmed so far.

So tip for you resellers here, find out if the PS5 power supply can handle US and EU voltage (US= 110, EU=220) The PS3 did as it had a range of 110-240. I for instance bought mine from a retailer in Canada when it was released. Just needed a different power cable, but worked just fine. If the PS5 can do the same, add a note that you will ship internationally and put a console or two up for sale for EU markets with no minimum price/auction.

What a mess.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So looks like it was just a bundle that was available, shipping by 11/30 and it was $769 for an extra controller, Demon's Souls/Spiderman and PS+ card. Nothing else was available and it sold out in a minute.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So looks like it was just a bundle that was available, shipping by 11/30 and it was $769 for an extra controller, Demon's Souls/Spiderman and PS+ card. Nothing else was available and it sold out in a minute.
Lmao if true

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Lmao if true

Read somewhere that you can just return the bundle crap because it's invoiced separately, figured what the fuck I can always cancel the order, had it in the cart, wouldn't let me pay, out of stock. What a dumb fucking dumb shit show.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Read somewhere that you can just return the bundle crap because it's invoiced separately, figured what the fuck I can always cancel the order, had it in the cart, wouldn't let me pay, out of stock. What a dumb fucking dumb shit show.
Thoughts and prayers mate.