Playstation 5

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Wario64 reporting that PS5 preorders might be available again for the regular systems today (Friday) at 10am PT.

I will be at the dentist 😂

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wario64 reporting that PS5 preorders might be available again for the regular systems today (Friday) at 10am PT.

I will be at the dentist 😂

You tell your son to do his damn family duty. Pretend he has to take a shit at school and preorder that for daddy while he’s hiding in the stall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
You tell your son to do his damn family duty. Pretend he has to take a shit at school and preorder that for daddy while he’s hiding in the stall.

Lol no doubt but he’s only 7 😂

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Anybody else getting an Access Denied message from Gamestop? Possible those cocksuckers banned me for autorefreshing

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably part of their Cloudflare protection. No point in refreshing anyway, that just puts you at the end of the queue they added on Xbox day.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder how many people are in the 'eh whichever one I can get first' when it comes to PS vs Xbox? Is there a genuine market advantage to be had here or is it just that people already have in mind what they want? If they only plan to get a specific one, or plan to get both, there is no actual benefit for either manufacturer to grease the wheels of the supply chain.

Last edited:

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I ended up picking up a bundle. I wanted Demon's Souls anyways, my son will love the Spider-Man game but I might try and see if I can cancel that since we already beat it on PS4. Seeing as I needed the extra controller and a game anyway I'm not really put out by the bundle pricing.

At least I have the option if I choose to keep it or not.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In case anyone cares, I need a fucking root canal.
fuck that
giphy.gif

• 2Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 6 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
fuck that
giphy.gif
As someone who's had three of the fuckers, getting a root canal is fucking child's play compared to needing a root canal. Being kept awake all night in a sweat because the nerves in your face are trying to burst out of your skull isn't a great experience.

Back onto the PS5, has anyone heard anything about Best Buy getting another batch of preorders? I'm sitting on a gift card that would actually cover the cost of the console, and it'd be great to use it for that.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As someone who's had three of the fuckers, getting a root canal is fucking child's play compared to needing a root canal. Being kept awake all night in a sweat because the nerves in your face are trying to burst out of your skull isn't a great experience.

Back onto the PS5, has anyone heard anything about Best Buy getting another batch of preorders? I'm sitting on a gift card that would actually cover the cost of the console, and it'd be great to use it for that.
did you return a tv and they gave you a gift card?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Trying to get one of these basically just to play Demon’s Souls on launch day.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I had to do a quick search of old news to get a measure of how many units were available on launch day for other consoles. All numbers are North America unless specified otherwise.

Nintendo 64 = 350k sold over first four days, 500k sold over the initial 4 month launch (production backlog)
Nintendo Gamecube = 700k shipped for launch day
Nintendo Wii = U.S.: 600K in North America in 8 days,
Sega Dreamcast = U.S.: 500K in two weeks (including 225,132 sold in 24 hours)
Xbox = 1M sold during the first month
Xbox 360 = U.S.: 326,000 units in ~2 weeks (40k of which ended up on eBay) 900k by x-mas a month later
Xbox One = 1M sold first day worldwide, 3M during first month worldwide
Playstation 1 = 100k sold first day
Playstation 2 = 500k sold first day with 100k each week thereafter thru x-mas
Playstation 3 = U.S.: 197K in two weeks (400K shipped)
Playstation 4 = 1M sold first day with 3M sold through xmas a month later

So it looks like the numbers for PS5 and XSeX are at least within the general trendline established over time.

• 1Potato