Playstation 5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
--after the latest interview with Troy Baker about how we have to keep an "open mind" as Naughty Dog retcons Joel to be a bad guy I'm not sure I even want to rent the game anymore.

Wait what???

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SJW's can't help themselves when given a stage on which they can present their vision. White man bad, Christians are evil, etc. Pretty much what I expect from this game. I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Combination of this interview and the leaked plot points from last week. Obviously the leak isn't officially confirmed but the immediate DMCA and Druckmann's personal reaction on Twitter suggest that it's probably accurate.

Gotchya I didn't follow it much. Not sure if I want to look for the leaks or not lol. Is it bad?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotchya I didn't follow it much. Not sure if I want to look for the leaks or not lol. Is it bad?
Its a 4Chan "leak" so take it what it mentions with some doubt, but given the politics of Druckmann, I give it some weight.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I missed the train with ps4. Always wanted it but a career switch got in the way. Then a new house got in the way. Then 2 babies got in the way (love my kids tho😂). This time its day 1 for ps5. Something else will prolly get in the way...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Something else will prolly get in the way...

Your Season 8 Game of thrones signed poster?

giphy.gif

• 3Worf

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I missed the train with ps4. Always wanted it but a career switch got in the way. Then a new house got in the way. Then 2 babies got in the way (love my kids tho😂). This time its day 1 for ps5. Something else will prolly get in the way...

Nah man, what you should do is a PS4. Now is the time. Fantastic library at a super low prices. I bet you can get 1,000 hours of fantastic gameplay for under $100.

• 3Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I bought a PS2 (amazing), and a PS3 (had it stolen about 6 months after getting it), skipped the PS4, and I'm kinda on the fence for getting the PS5. I have a really nice gaming rig, and I just don't see the point in buying a game console right now, when 99% of the PS games will release on PC anyway. Yeah, I know I'll miss out on "The Last of Us 2," but I can't really justify buying a new console for 1 or 2 exclusives. I'll have to see how many games are going to be PS5 only before I make a decision.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I bought a PS2 (amazing), and a PS3 (had it stolen about 6 months after getting it), skipped the PS4, and I'm kinda on the fence for getting the PS5. I have a really nice gaming rig, and I just don't see the point in buying a game console right now, when 99% of the PS games will release on PC anyway. Yeah, I know I'll miss out on "The Last of Us 2," but I can't really justify buying a new console for 1 or 2 exclusives. I'll have to see how many games are going to be PS5 only before I make a decision.

$200 for the extremely high quality of entertainment you get from Sony's exclusives is far worth it. The Uncharted series, The Last of Us series, Horizon: Zero Dawn (future PC release not withstanding), Bloodborne, God of War are honestly some of the absolute best games ever made.

If you told me I had to choose between even a PC and a PS4 (for purely gaming), if I was being completely honest, the quality of Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, TLoU, and the Uncharted series pretty easily outweighed anything else. You're playing the medium at it's absolute best.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nah man, what you should do is a PS4. Now is the time. Fantastic library at a super low prices. I bet you can get 1,000 hours of fantastic gameplay for under $100.
PS5 should be backwards compatible, so get the PS5 when it’s released and then stock up on all of the PS4 gen’s best games like you said, while being future proof for any new games for the next 7ish years

• 2Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
$200 for the extremely high quality of entertainment you get from Sony's exclusives is far worth it. The Uncharted series, The Last of Us series, Horizon: Zero Dawn (future PC release not withstanding), Bloodborne, God of War are honestly some of the absolute best games ever made.

If you told me I had to choose between even a PC and a PS4 (for purely gaming), if I was being completely honest, the quality of Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, TLoU, and the Uncharted series pretty easily outweighed anything else. You're playing the medium at it's absolute best.

That's a pretty dumb statement to say you'd take the PS5 over a gaming rig to play 3 games. There are at least 15 to 20 amazing games that come out on PC every year, and the games that release on both platforms are all better on a computer than they are a console (better graphics, less lag, less loading times, better frame rates, etc...)

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 6 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's a pretty dumb statement to say you'd take the PS5 over a gaming rig to play 3 games. There are at least 15 to 20 amazing games that come out on PC every year, and the games that release on both platforms are all better on a computer than they are a console (better graphics, less lag, less loading times, better frame rates, etc...)
Either money isn’t really an issue and you’ll have both, or money is an issue and PS is much cheaper than building a gaming computer.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Either money isn’t really an issue and you’ll have both, or money is an issue and PS is much cheaper than building a gaming computer.
This argument holds less weight when you factor in the silly amount of free to play games and the potential for piracy that PC's bring to the table.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
You sell the possibility to pirate games on pc has a plus? You stuck in the 90s? unless you're after makin a statement on bad games, and they're other ways, your're cheap as fuck 😂

• 4Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

wait? what? It depends on what kind of games you like. Some games are impossible to make for consoles, rts's for an example, and people like playing those games. Not to mention mods to fix/improve

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You sell the possibility to pirate games on pc has a plus? You stuck in the 90s? unless you're after makin a statement on bad games, and they're other ways, your're cheap as fuck 😂
No, dipshit. He's making an argument that a PS would be cheaper than building a pc which is where the cheap factor comes in. Anyone that can't afford to build a pc would benefit from not having to pay 40-60 for a new game.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
A single console that can handle games close to a 10 years cycle is cheaper than keeping a pc up to date in the same time window. And with the offers from their online services theres plenty of low cost options that arent tripple A price.

No amount of pirating games will match the value in the long run of a console, and thats coming from a pc player.

And dont pirate games...

Dipshit out, kiddo.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
A single console that can handle games close to a 10 years cycle is cheaper than keeping a pc up to date in the same time window. And with the offers from their online services theres plenty of low cost options that arent tripple A price.

No amount of pirating games will match the value in the long run of a console, and thats coming from a pc player.

And dont pirate games...

Dipshit out, kiddo.

You can build a budget PC for the price of a new console and hook it up to a TV and have access to far more free games before you even think about the potential of piracy, or the endless amounts of games that are given away on various platforms or being sold for under $5, or emulators.

Consoles are not a superior option when it comes to limited funds for gaming. The one and only thing they have over PC is their specific exclusive options (far fewer than PC exclusives) for those that want to play those specific games, and those exclusives will be on PC before the decade is over one way or another.

Have fun trying to buy cheap used console games when gamestop goes bankrupt and the majority of console gamers just buy digital.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like