Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If you are looking at purely a game only perspective a console makes sense. There is so much utility that comes along with a PC that there is no comparing the two in my opinion. Personally I have both, but if I was broke and had to pick between the two then a budget PC would be my choice hands down. Sucks missing some exclusives but there is so much exclusive content a PC offers, gaming and outside of gaming, it outweighs those few missed games.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, dipshit. He's making an argument that a PS would be cheaper than building a pc which is where the cheap factor comes in. Anyone that can't afford to build a pc would benefit from not having to pay 40-60 for a new game.

By this logic you could just steal a console or a PC and get either for free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
By this logic you could just steal a console or a PC and get either for free.
Hyperbole, downloading cracked games is infinitely easier AND safer than actually stealing a console or PC or games. I'd say it's a valid argument to recoup the difference, but cracked games sometimes have issues with multiplayer and patches(especially smaller games) so it's not really perfect either.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You can build a budget PC for the price of a new console and hook it up to a TV and have access to far more free games before you even think about the potential of piracy, or the endless amounts of games that are given away on various platforms or being sold for under $5, or emulators.

Consoles are not a superior option when it comes to limited funds for gaming. The one and only thing they have over PC is their specific exclusive options (far fewer than PC exclusives) for those that want to play those specific games, and those exclusives will be on PC before the decade is over one way or another.

Have fun trying to buy cheap used console games when gamestop goes bankrupt and the majority of console gamers just buy digital.
Yes but I'm not wasting money on stupid shit come every STEAM sale!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That's a pretty dumb statement to say you'd take the PS5 over a gaming rig to play 3 games. There are at least 15 to 20 amazing games that come out on PC every year, and the games that release on both platforms are all better on a computer than they are a console (better graphics, less lag, less loading times, better frame rates, etc...)

My statement has definitely been misinterpreted, but I'll play devil's advocate.

Your use of "amazing" is probably far more forgiving and liberal than mine. Give me quality over quantity. You cannot get those Playstation exclusives on PC, and my argument is that for the majority of people, the quality of gaming you get out of those exclusives on top of what is accessible to every platform, combined, is an even more valuable package than just having a PC gaming rig.

Would you ever catch me dead without a PC? No. Do I care what console or PC has what? No. Can I afford them all? Yes. Does this account for all of our nerds that play 100 games a year? Absolutely not. All I'm saying is that for me, that package the Playstation currently offers, specifically the absolutely top-tier quality of their exclusives is the best gaming package on the planet right now. Coming from someone who prefers to game on a PC.

edit: This is not including the obvious non-gaming utilities a PC offers. It was just a simple quick thought experiment/theoretical.

Last edited:

joz123

Potato del Grande
I might be retarded but I play different games on PC and PS4. I could never just have PC for everything when I use my PS4 for a bunch of games along with TV streaming and YouTube. Most of the time I like playing games from my couch or bed and not have to sit in front of my PC.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I might be retarded but I play different games on PC and PS4. I could never just have PC for everything when I use my PS4 for a bunch of games along with TV streaming and YouTube. Most of the time I like playing games from my couch or bed and not have to sit in front of my PC.

PC just has the hardware capabilities the others don't, but I'd never argue how nice it is to lounge on a couch and just zone out playing a game. It's nice. Luckily we can all have both!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Where the fuck are you guys getting budget PCs that can run anything more than C&C:Red Alert for the price of a console?

I bought a home PC from Alienware 5 years ago for my business, and that thing was $2k and took a giant shit on me after 14 months. I've made it a point not to have a computer at home for years now and haven't built my own since 2004, so I have no idea where or what to get anymore. I'm just about to start another side business and having my work computer at home during the quarantine is convincing me that I need to get one again for the business.

I'd like to be able to game on it and do photogrammetric processing as well, so I think it'll need to be pretty beefy and don't even know where to start. The Alienware that I bought really left a bad taste in my mouth and that's a big part of why I like consoles - they always work, hasslefree. 2 computer shops couldn't fix it or even figure out what the problem was.

I've got a temper and so-called professionals not being able to come to conclusion pissed me off so bad that it seemed better just to put it out of my mind and be satisfied with no PC at home.

All of that sounds so fucking absurd after typing it out and re-reading it...

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I bought a home PC from Alienware 5 years ago for my business, and that thing was $2k

Well that was your problem right there.

Alienware is like Gucci, youre paying for the name alone, not any sort of quality

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alienware is overpriced shit though. Granted I don't think you can build a 500$ PC that's actually as good as a PS5 will be, won't be even close. PC is definitely more expensive, even if you don't count a monitor because you plug it into a TV. But you certainly don't need 2k to buy a decent PC, around 1k will do the job if you plug it into a TV(a good monitor is pretty expensive though, but on the flipside a good monitor can last you 10years so you don't need to buy one with every PC, basically like a TV). If you want a PC that'll beat a PS5 and buy it now(rather than when the PS5 releases, which will see some price drops due to new GFX cards lines coming out this summer) 1k probably won't cut it either though.

But yeah if tight on money I'd still consider a PS5 over a PC, as unless you have a lot of time to play games, you probably won't need that many games that it'll be quick to make up the difference off cracked games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You can build a budget PC for the price of a new console and hook it up to a TV and have access to far more free games before you even think about the potential of piracy, or the endless amounts of games that are given away on various platforms or being sold for under $5, or emulators.

Consoles are not a superior option when it comes to limited funds for gaming. The one and only thing they have over PC is their specific exclusive options (far fewer than PC exclusives) for those that want to play those specific games, and those exclusives will be on PC before the decade is over one way or another.

Have fun trying to buy cheap used console games when gamestop goes bankrupt and the majority of console gamers just buy digital.
No you really can’t build a budget pc for the price of a console. That’s bullshit and has always been bullshit. A “budget” video card alone is the price of a console.

And cheap games? You must be stuck in last decade, used games are far from the only deals for console games. Consoles have digital sales all the time, as well as retailers doing their own sales on physical.

And yeah you can pirate easier on PC, no doubt about that if that’s your jam. But typically when we talk about price we are sticking to the legal side.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Alienware is overpriced shit though. Granted I don't think you can build a 500$ PC that's actually as good as a PS5 will be, won't be even close. PC is definitely more expensive, even if you don't count a monitor because you plug it into a TV. But you certainly don't need 2k to buy a decent PC, around 1k will do the job if you plug it into a TV(a good monitor is pretty expensive though, but on the flipside a good monitor can last you 10years so you don't need to buy one with every PC, basically like a TV). If you want a PC that'll beat a PS5 and buy it now(rather than when the PS5 releases, which will see some price drops due to new GFX cards lines coming out this summer) 1k probably won't cut it either though.

But yeah if tight on money I'd still consider a PS5 over a PC, as unless you have a lot of time to play games, you probably won't need that many games that it'll be quick to make up the difference off cracked games.
I purchased an Alienware PC a while ago, and had it for 1 evening... Then I had free return shipping and built a MUCH better PC with the same money. The case didn't look as pretty as the Alienware one, but who really gives a shit?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. My only point was that I will probably hold off on buying a PS5 until I see how many exclusive titles they will have. Since I already own a pretty powerful gaming PC, there really isn't a point in me buying a new Playstation, when 99% of the games I'll play will be available on my PC, and my PC will run it better than the PS5 will. Now, I bought a Nintendo Switch 3 years ago when it released (can't believe it's been 3 fucking years already) because I know that Nintendo will release their usual suspects of exclusive Nintendo games only on their system. So for me, buying a Switch was worth it to get Mario Kart, Zelda: BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros, Mario Maker, perhaps a Metroid game eventually, and several other Switch exclusives. If I see that PS5 is going to have 10 or more AAA exclusive titles, then I will probably purchase one eventually, and if I didn't already drop $2,500 on my PC, I'd definitely be buying a new console. But for now, until I see otherwise, I'll stick with my PC, and my Switch.

Also, I had an Alienware computer back in 2000, before it was sold to Dell, and it was a great PC. The PC I just bought, I did go back to the new Aurora PC by Alienware, and for the money, it was the best bang for my buck. I compared it to getting a Falcon NW, an Origin, a Digital Storm, and an MSI, and most of the other companies were a good $1,000 or more than what I got for a comparable build with Alienware (Dell was also running a $500 off sale which helped a lot). I actually liked the design of the MSI the most (well, Origin and Falcon NW the most, but they are way overpriced), but for whatever reason, you can't buy directly from the MSI website, and most of the places that do sell their PC's, there's no option for customization, and you're forced to buy them as is, which is pretty frustrating when you want to change the graphics card, or the memory, or the CPU.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. My only point was that I will probably hold off on buying a PS5 until I see how many exclusive titles they will have.

I think the announcement of backwards compatibility has swung me to the PS5. At least I'll still be able to play stuff like FFXIV and Borderlands 3 while I wait a year and a half for a semi-decent title to release that begins to use the PS5's increased power.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
HZD 2 early 2021.

This is why you will want a PS5 :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Multiplats will still be better on new hardware, but it will probably be similar to difference between ps4 and ps4 pro. I know I’m going to get it and I don’t see the price changing in a year or so when the exclusive games actually start popping out, so might as well get the benefit of better performance in the meantime. Hoping god of war is in the works for ps5

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am ready to play all of the PS4 exclusives again, particularly the ones that push up to the edge of the consoles limits. Lots of them were laggy as fuck that I hope, given the PS5's power, will play way way smoother.

• 1Like