Playstation 5

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The more I see of ps5 just coming in white the more it garauntees I won't be buying one till we get a black version. Initial line up still doesn't warrant buying one either.
1595083904503.gif

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You know, seeing that gives me an idea and would even get BLM to actually do something useful :p

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Playstation 5 event on August 6th, 2020. Most likely pricing and preorder info will drop

spronk

FPS noob
couple of leaks that (at least) two games will be announced at the Aug 6th Sony conference, God of War 2 for 2021 and a new PS5 launch exclusive

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Miles Morales may come with remastered Spider-man optimized for PS5, which means probably a $60 price tag

I wouldn't mind playing Spider-Man again in a remastered form. Game is ludicrously fun and already looked amazing. Sux about the price tag I guess but I can't complain too much when it comes to these particular games.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Miles Morales may come with remastered Spider-man optimized for PS5, which means probably a $60 price tag
I wonder how they will spin that. Is SM:MM strictly a Ps5 dlc? If so, and they charge ppl who already own SM on the Ps4 $60 to get MM + Remaster, that would be pretty shitty. If you're like me, and do not own SM already, then paying $60 for SM+MM for the Ps5 would be great.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
A remaster of a 2 year old game?

Sadly I expect many remasters from this gen to next gen. Most new games coming out now already specified that they will also have next gen versions. Difference there is that they also announce that most of the new games will have free upgrades. Highly doubt a PS5 version of Spiderman will be free. As Zindan said, if if is $60 with only the DLC as new content, that's not good. I don't want the beginning life cycle of the new consoles to just be remasters of 2-3 year old games for full price with some small additions, would rather see developers making new games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Sadly I expect many remasters from this gen to next gen. Most new games coming out now already specified that they will also have next gen versions. Difference there is that they also announce that most of the new games will have free upgrades. Highly doubt a PS5 version of Spiderman will be free. As Zindan said, if if is $60 with only the DLC as new content, that's not good. I don't want the beginning life cycle of the new consoles to just be remasters of 2-3 year old games for full price with some small additions, would rather see developers making new games.

Nintendo showed there was a market for it in all their Wii U -> Switch ports/upgrades. Of course, no one owned a Wii U, unlike the PS4 exclusives.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, devs were doing PS3/360 -> PS4/Xbone remasters long before the Switch even came out.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Different console versions were getting timed exclusive patches/DLC too, they'll try to make a buck off anything. For instance, FF12 the switch and XB releases had the ability to reset jobs, save 3 sets of gambits, and use the original soundtrack. PS4 version didn't get updated for a year cause it was the first version and they wanted people to buy it again on switch.

spronk

FPS noob
Where the fuck is the preorder

sony probably has a State of Play on August 6th and they will likely have to announce the price then and give a preorder date. they said a week or two ago they won't just surprise open preorders but will give info ahead of time when it will open up.

EdebcipXoAEPvsS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nintendo showed there was a market for it in all their Wii U -> Switch ports/upgrades. Of course, no one owned a Wii U, unlike the PS4 exclusives.
Little different scenario though, given that the ps4 version will play just fine on a ps5