Playstation 5

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah this is bullshit. The say they going to give plenty of a heads up for pre orders. The night they do the show and tweet afterwards that it's going to be the next day, the floodgates open while I'm out to dinner for my son's birthday. And shit is sold out within hours. And you see god knows how many on ebay already. Fuck the scalpers they ruin everything. And fuck Sony for shitting the bed on all of this. I would love to not have to deal with this bullshit anymore and just go PC, but I can't leave my adult nephew who is my main gaming buddy behind. And I know nothing about gaming PC components to build a decent "beginner" rig as I'm all business when it comes to computers and only deal with enterprise stock windows machines for office and google.

I miss the old days where you went to GameStop and put 50 bucks down and filled out a paper. And I also wish Sony would just do the initial pre orders through their site. One per PSN ID, but hey that'd kill hype so fuck you too Tickle Me Elmo for starting all this horseshit.

Oh and Fuck Sony.

Yeah I'm salty.

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this is bullshit. The say they going to give plenty of a heads up for pre orders. The night they do the show and tweet afterwards that it's going to be the next day, the floodgates open while I'm out to dinner for my son's birthday. And shit is sold out within hours. And you see god knows how many on ebay already. Fuck the scalpers they ruin everything. And fuck Sony for shitting the bed on all of this. I would love to not have to deal with this bullshit anymore and just go PC, but I can't leave my adult nephew who is my main gaming buddy behind. And I know nothing about gaming PC components to build a decent "beginner" rig as I'm all business when it comes to computers and only deal with enterprise stock windows machines for office and google.

I miss the old days where you went to GameStop and put 50 bucks down and filled out a paper. And I also wish Sony would just do the initial pre orders through their site. One per PSN ID, but hey that'd kill hype so fuck you too Tickle Me Elmo for starting all this horseshit.

Oh and Fuck Sony.

Yeah I'm salty.

Luckily for you, you are on a gaming forum with an entire thread on how to build a gaming rig and plenty of expert advice :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My local EB games got 3 physical copies allocated to offer pre order in store. 3 lol.

Dudes in line were mad, i was hoping to use my trade credit and cancel my walmart one, but i guess not.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Games are fucking $70?! The last game I bought for that much was Secret of Mana for the SNES!

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Back from Gamestop. Managed to get a preorder (of the disc drive version thankfully, hooray for game resale value) plus Spider-Man and Demon's Souls. They ran out of preorders within 3 minutes of opening, of course, which is why I waited in line for a couple hours. Getting one online just wasn't working. Glad that's over, to say the least.

There was no pre-order info for Gran Turismo 7 since it doesn't have a release date yet, but they said they think it's Nov 20th. Anyone know if GT7 is likely to support multiplayer split-screen? If it has couch co-op I'll buy it day one.

Nija Nija At least Secret of Mana was well worth $70!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Not really sure what was Sony's point of saying they'd let people know when Pre-Orders are happening well in advanced and just shit all over the place. What a load of crap.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
spronk spronk I got zero interest in either console launch title but I’m PC master race with a Xbox X sitting here.

WWSD? Trade in GameStop in October or something?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you can navigate it selling consoles on offerup, mercari, craigslist, etc is the best option. In most areas they are still selling for $300-400 as scarcity, especially for xboxes, is high.

i'm in the same boat, honestly i'm probably just gonna donate my old consoles to xmas toy drives and move to a series X and ps5. i don't like going to stores now unless I absolutely have to, and sitting around in a gamestop for 30 mins while they check a console and breath in the same covid air is not worth $200 to me. i don't see any good trade promos coming, $200 is the max right now and thats a joke. Demand far outstrips supplies on ps5 so no real need for Sony to pump up demand.

also i completely forgot Godfall was a launch title, they didn't mention this shit AT ALL. game must be trash tier

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
if you can navigate it selling consoles on offerup, mercari, craigslist, etc is the best option. In most areas they are still selling for $300-400 as scarcity, especially for xboxes, is high.

i'm in the same boat, honestly i'm probably just gonna donate my old consoles to xmas toy drives and move to a series X and ps5. i don't like going to stores now unless I absolutely have to, and sitting around in a gamestop for 30 mins while they check a console and breath in the same covid air is not worth $200 to me. i don't see any good trade promos coming, $200 is the max right now and thats a joke. Demand far outstrips supplies on ps5 so no real need for Sony to pump up demand.

also i completely forgot Godfall was a launch title, they didn't mention this shit AT ALL. game must be trash tier

Ok thanks

also Godfall has probably Knack 2.0

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah it is odd that its a game that is actually available at launch, wont be on PS4 / Xbone and they said nothing...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Back from Gamestop. Managed to get a preorder (of the disc drive version thankfully, hooray for game resale value) plus Spider-Man and Demon's Souls. They ran out of preorders within 3 minutes of opening, of course, which is why I waited in line for a couple hours. Getting one online just wasn't working. Glad that's over, to say the least.
You definitely lucked out there. My Gamestop is in the ass end of nowhere and they had a sign in the window this morning saying don't bother starting a line because they sold out everything they had allocated in like 5 minutes last night before closing. I still have my Walmart preorder, so at least I'll get one, but not being able to do a trade in for it is annoying. Not looking forward to trying to sell off my Pro on Craigslist or whatever, and I doubt Amazon will still be offering 200+ come November 12.

spronk spronk You happen to know if those GS trade-in offers ever let you trade two consoles towards one purchase? In theory I could preorder a Series X (which hopefully will be less in demand) from them and dump both my Pro and X1X towards it to save the hassle.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah 2 trades should work fine do it in 2 seperate days / trades. take console 1 day 1 and trade towards an X or PS5 (latter may be impossible now unless you already have it preordered), put down like $50 on the new console and put the rest on a gift card. take second console day 2 and trade it in, adding another $50 towards your console pre order. it'll auto bump up to $200 the trade value. It won't bump two consoles on the same transaction, which is why doing it over 2 days is simplest, just remember to add a little towards the preorder (like layaway) every time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah 2 trades should work fine do it in 2 seperate days / trades. take console 1 day 1 and trade towards an X or PS5 (latter may be impossible now unless you already have it preordered), put down like $50 on the new console and put the rest on a gift card. take second console day 2 and trade it in, adding another $50 towards your console pre order. it'll auto bump up to $200 the trade value. It won't bump two consoles on the same transaction, which is why doing it over 2 days is simplest, just remember to add a little towards the preorder (like layaway) every time.
Ah so I'd have to bring one console in before the 12th, then the second one I could just bring with me on release day. I guess that would work.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Games are fucking $70?! The last game I bought for that much was Secret of Mana for the SNES!

I remember Street Fighter 2 for $74.99 - crazy times because "Memory was more expensive". Came to find out after the Rom came out that was a complete lie :p

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Every retailer I'm talking to is blaming Wal-Mart for their breaking pre order street date.

I'm so damn annoyed, I never get shit at launch but wanted this due to there actually being a game or two at launch I wanted to play.

• 1Like