Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
nice, two PS5 games for Feb PS+. Gamepass only included the base control, PS+ has the ultimate edition with all DLCs and PS5 patch whenever it comes out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
i heard concrete Genie was interesting. - Control is a great add if you don't have GP

Destruction all stars is not even out yet...bad sign imo

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Picked up my PS5 from Best Buy today, a day early. This fucking thing really is big lol. Time to get a copy of Demon's Souls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question for all you PS5 owners out there. Beyond the free game at launch have you found any reason to blow in to your controllers?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still haven't found any reason at all to be forced to use the controller I hate, over the superior last gen version with back button attachment. "Haptic" is just another stupid gimmick.

spronk

FPS noob
Question for all you PS5 owners out there. Beyond the free game at launch have you found any reason to blow in to your controllers?

i dont understand what you are asking

i have no issues with the PS5 controller, works fine for me. i have two with the charging station, since the battery life is kinda meh. Can swap easy and recharge my main. Demons Souls is 10/10, loved finishing that game.

I hope with Control coming to PS+ they release the PS5 patch soon, i wanna see it with RTX and stuff on console

Krastalvo

Molten Core Raider
i dont understand what you are asking

i have no issues with the PS5 controller, works fine for me. i have two with the charging station, since the battery life is kinda meh. Can swap easy and recharge my main. Demons Souls is 10/10, loved finishing that game.

I hope with Control coming to PS+ they release the PS5 patch soon, i wanna see it with RTX and stuff on console

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
yeah there are a lot of things you can do in astro's playroom that i don't think any other game does so far, its sorta like the touchpad or motion controls on PS4. Doable, but hardly anyone ever does it.

I didn't actually use that feature in Astro, I plat'd the game just using basic ass controls. You don't "need" to blow into the mic to turn on fans and stuff, can just whack them. I have my mic off on the controller at a system level

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I showed my wife I could blow on the controller while playing Astro and she was so impressed she said “I’ll blow on your controller.”

Game night was over.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I showed my wife I could blow on the controller while playing Astro and she was so impressed she said “I’ll blow on your controller.”

Game night was over.
1*bAUTC-8AK9WQ3A5BaZRhXw.jpeg

• 21Worf
  • 3Double Worf
Reactions: 23 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I still haven't found any reason at all to be forced to use the controller I hate, over the superior last gen version with back button attachment. "Haptic" is just another stupid gimmick.

ps4 controllers can be used on PS5, but only for ps4 titles.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
i heard concrete Genie was interesting. - Control is a great add if you don't have GP

Destruction all stars is not even out yet...bad sign imo

Looks interesting enough to play. I'd probably have more fun with this than Fall Guys. FG was fun but quickly lost its appeal. The release time and the setting give me Rocket League vibes. If I remember correctly Rocket League released on PS+ first also and was a major hit. The servers will probably be hammered the first week though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

ps4 controllers can be used on PS5, but only for ps4 titles.
Right, that's what I've been complaining about since the day I got it. It's a stupid requirement when the vast majority of PS5 games will never use any DualSense "features" that the DS4 doesn't have. It's extra retarded when I can stick a Hitman 3 (PS4) disc in my console and play just fine with the DS4, but if I download the PS5 upgrade suddenly the exact same game needs the new controller.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
control ultimate edition apparently launches next gen update on Feb 2nd, same day as PS+ release so thats cool. it'll apparently do 30 FPS RTX mode or 60 fps 4k performance mode

Vorph

It's been a while since I played Control, but I'm having a really hard time recalling anything in it that could possibly justify turning RTX on.

Vorph

Also, it's 1440p60 upscaled to 4K in the performance mode on PS5/XSX, not true 4K.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's getting pretty retarded that I still can't find these online anywhere to buy. Can't remember having to wait this long for any new console purchase.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Right, that's what I've been complaining about since the day I got it. It's a stupid requirement when the vast majority of PS5 games will never use any DualSense "features" that the DS4 doesn't have. It's extra retarded when I can stick a Hitman 3 (PS4) disc in my console and play just fine with the DS4, but if I download the PS5 upgrade suddenly the exact same game needs the new controller.

I can't share that sentiment, the PS5 controllers are slightly bigger then the PS4 ones, which are made for the hands of children / asians.

They are a good improvement, battery life is very good, and technologically they are superior.

Not a bad deal for a 70$ controller that will last years?