Playstation 5

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got one too. If you don't get it, try again as soon as the next drop happens (every 10 minutes). Was able to get one in the cart every time, but never got past the final stage until this last drop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
Just got one too. If you don't get it, try again as soon as the next drop happens (every 10 minutes). Was able to get one in the cart every time, but never got past the final stage until this last drop.
Congrats man!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lotta waves, eventually i just got into "review your order" then as the next one was about to start i just hit pay now

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Got one from WalMart at the 4:30PM ET drop.

I used the previous drops to get the "add to cart" button up and as soon as 4:30 hit, I did a "one mississippi" count and added it to cart.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.32.18 PM.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Fucking Walmart is putting out micro shipments every 10 minutes....which are snatched up in milliseconds by bots.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Target limited it to in store pickup only and got mine from target a week ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Walmart is putting out micro shipments every 10 minutes....which are snatched up in milliseconds by bots.

I literally just posted I got one from those drops. The discord I was in had about 30 people get one.

I think they fixed their bot problem.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
At some point these faggots might want to sell some games and that means getting consoles into the hands of people that actually buy games.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I literally just posted I got one from those drops. The discord I was in had about 30 people get one.

I think they fixed their bot problem.
By doing the waves they let people add to cart on an initial one and then spam the Pay Now on subsequent. Essentially we're at D3 launch auction house levels.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
At some point these faggots might want to sell some games and that means getting consoles into the hands of people that actually buy games.

Agreed. It took me two months, trying weekly, to get one.

It wasn’t until I joined the discord linked here that my chances increased significantly.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I refuse to jump through a bunch of hoops just to enter a lottery, and if I win that lottery, my prize is spending $500.

• 8Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 11 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I refuse to jump through a bunch of hoops just to enter a lottery, and if I win that lottery, my prize is spending $500.

It’s not that dramatic. There’s just huge demand and not enough supply.

Your reward is not having to pay a premium from scalpers.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It’s not that dramatic. There’s just huge demand and not enough supply.

Your reward is not having to pay a premium from scalpers.
More like the reward is playing PS4 and computer a bit longer. Im not rushing either.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
for new ps5 owners be aware installing new games is still a bit janky as hell, make sure you are always installing/downloading the PS5 edition of a game. Its a bit better now with a prompt but its still way too easy to have both versions installed. PS5 versions of a game have no suffix, like "Hitman 3", while PS4 editions (if there is a PS5 version) will have "PS4" as a suffix. Unfortunately if there is ONLY a ps4 version (99% of games) you won't see a suffix at all.

The "..." next to the play button is your best friend, it lets you quickly switch between ps4/ps5 versions so you can make sure you have the right version installed.

external drives seem fine now, i've had one hooked up (back USB port) for 2 months and no issues. I still rarely put the console in rest mode though, a lot of people still report the system randomly shutting down in rest mode forcing a drive integrity check, which can lead to more errors. So almost all the time I shut my ps5 off instead of putting it into rest mode.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still rarely put the console in rest mode though, a lot of people still report the system randomly shutting down in rest mode forcing a drive integrity check, which can lead to more errors. So almost all the time I shut my ps5 off instead of putting it into rest mode.
I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with mine, and I've started thinking it could be rest mode related. I have been shutting it off since the 'every game crashes with CE-108255-1 error' (which is just a generic error message that tells nothing about what actually happened) shit started and after reinstalling P5 Strikers I played it for about an hour without a crash. I can't imagine how using rest mode could corrupt every game I have installed, but I think I'm going to use the safe mode factory reset and reinstall everything and not use rest mode at all anymore if the games don't start crashing again immediately.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
for new ps5 owners be aware installing new games is still a bit janky as hell, make sure you are always installing/downloading the PS5 edition of a game. Its a bit better now with a prompt but its still way too easy to have both versions installed. PS5 versions of a game have no suffix, like "Hitman 3", while PS4 editions (if there is a PS5 version) will have "PS4" as a suffix. Unfortunately if there is ONLY a ps4 version (99% of games) you won't see a suffix at all.

The "..." next to the play button is your best friend, it lets you quickly switch between ps4/ps5 versions so you can make sure you have the right version installed.

external drives seem fine now, i've had one hooked up (back USB port) for 2 months and no issues. I still rarely put the console in rest mode though, a lot of people still report the system randomly shutting down in rest mode forcing a drive integrity check, which can lead to more errors. So almost all the time I shut my ps5 off instead of putting it into rest mode.
I’ve pretty much exclusively used rest mode and have never had an issue

• 1Like