Playstation 5

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gamestop is such asshole. Never once have I gotten anything other than out of stock, we're adding more inventory periodically, try again in a few minutes.

spronk spronk My Googlefu is failing me. Is there a way to get the old PS Store back? I used to go to the store, click on the free PS+ games link, add to cart, done. Now with the new layout I can't even figure out where to claim the games. :(
LOL, right as i say this I get a twitter notification from Spieltimes about Gamestop and I snag the bundle.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Gamestop is such asshole. Never once have I gotten anything other than out of stock, we're adding more inventory periodically, try again in a few minutes.

spronk spronk My Googlefu is failing me. Is there a way to get the old PS Store back? I used to go to the store, click on the free PS+ games link, add to cart, done. Now with the new layout I can't even figure out where to claim the games. :(

you can browse the old store via this

the free games are on the new store on this

You can also use the mobile app to add the monthly free games to your library.

and yeah PS5 bundle from gamestop still seems to be in stock, wonder if its cuz gamestop sucks or if demand is dropping

joz123

Potato del Grande
you can browse the old store via this

the free games are on the new store on this

You can also use the mobile app to add the monthly free games to your library.

and yeah PS5 bundle from gamestop still seems to be in stock, wonder if its cuz gamestop sucks or if demand is dropping
Or people don't want to be forced to buy a bundle with shit they don't really want when they just need the system.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Going to have to try this Eneba place since CDKeys doesn’t seem to want to take my money no matter how hard I try.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You probably have to disable ad blockers

I tried everything from mobile phone, Visa, Chase, PayPal, incognito, through VPN, no add block, no script safe, nothing worked.

So bought one through eBay and to retrieve it this site says it needs Javascript active, and even though it is active everywhere. And now I can't retrieve the code.

I don't even want the free games, this has just become a challenge that won't defeat me.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This is getting to be a bad joke, when was this thing released, November 2020? I'm getting so fucking annoyed at this point I'm more likely to ragesmash my PS5 when I finally get one rather than actually play it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Denuvo on consoles. 😡 And most money isn’t made on games in the initial two weeks any longer. GAAS has taken care of that along with sales over time / life of the product and future content.

Insert a shit company here trying to stay relevant in 3..2..1.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
crash bandicoot 4 next gen upgrade is out today, it'll be released on PC March 26th. PS5 apparently gets smooth 60 fps and fast load times, but if you were playing the PS4 version you have to fuck around to move your save over. PS5 install size is half of PS4 (or xbox) version which is cool.

Xbox one seems to be having huge stuttering FPS drops after like the 3d level, but i assume that'll get fixed with patches. Allegedly pretty much unplayable on Xbox right now. The switch version is out also

• 3Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man tried playing a game for the first time and this DVD drive does so much fucking noise when it's running for whatever reason. It kept doing the noise even after the install was done, then launched the game and once I loaded into the game, it stopped? Started again for a minute or so after like 30mins then stopped again, so weird. Apparently googling it, there's a "fix" that involves fucking around with the manual eject when the console is powered down, shit looks fucking weird but I guess if it becomes an issue I'll do it.

Restarted The Last Guardian, I kinda lost interest last time and it ran like shit on PS4 but now getting a smooth 60FPS so it's pretty nice.

Vorph

Man tried playing a game for the first time and this DVD drive does so much fucking noise when it's running for whatever reason. It kept doing the noise even after the install was done, then launched the game and once I loaded into the game, it stopped? Started again for a minute or so after like 30mins then stopped again, so weird. Apparently googling it, there's a "fix" that involves fucking around with the manual eject when the console is powered down, shit looks fucking weird but I guess if it becomes an issue I'll do it.

Restarted The Last Guardian, I kinda lost interest last time and it ran like shit on PS4 but now getting a smooth 60FPS so it's pretty nice.
Yeah, it's a very annoying problem with the PS5. The biggest issue seems to be that some games spin the disc REALLY fast (P5 Strikers is the worst so far) and that causes the case to rattle like crazy.

Oh and the reason it kept doing it after the install "finished" is because it lies about being done. Highlight the game, hit Start, and select Information, and you'll see that even after a physical disc game is installed, you can still watch it copy/download 10's of GBs more data before it's truly installed. I recommend NOT trying to play a game until the drive goes silent and the info page shows that it's complete, as I've had games behave strangely if I tried to jump the gun.

Vorph

An insider says you might want to hold off on plans to purchase the action title.
Yeah, I've been wishing I'd held off on that since release day.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Got my PS5 disc edition in the mail from Walmart last Friday. I actually kinda like the look of it after setting it all up. The lights really sell it. It definitely stands out next to the PS3 and Xbox 360 on the entertainment stand. The UI seems much better than the PS4. Cleaner, faster, and PS store is built right in. Performance is top notch for a console. I am generally not a console player and was surprised at the graphics and performance. Seems more like a little PC in a box than a console. Didn't really play much on it. I only play exclusives on my Playstations, otherwise I play them on the PC. I did order the new Miles Morales, and haven't played the first one so got the one with both games. Hopefully it gets here soon.

My daughters are playing the shit out of it and having a blast. All their groups of playstation friends are all envious of their PS5, while they are still gaming on their PS4's. That's really the only reason I bought it now this early is for the kids. Normally I wait until mid-late gen when they come out with $199 slim specials. Really hope they start coming out with some of the amazing PS exclusives that they usually do. On the plus side, I skipped the PS4 Pro, and have a ton of PS4 exclusive games that I haven't played yet. Haven't beaten God of War or FF7r, and haven't even played Spider-Man, any of the Uncharteds, TLoU2, or Ghost of Tsushima.

Only thing I don't like is on the back of the white controllers, underneath the triggers, it is getting a little dirty already. Seems like a horrible texture that will cause that to happen. I already ordered a silicone grip thing so the kids don't have it all disgusting in a week.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got my PS5 disc edition in the mail from Walmart last Friday. I actually kinda like the look of it after setting it all up. The lights really sell it. It definitely stands out next to the PS3 and Xbox 360 on the entertainment stand. The UI seems much better than the PS4. Cleaner, faster, and PS store is built right in. Performance is top notch for a console. I am generally not a console player and was surprised at the graphics and performance. Seems more like a little PC in a box than a console. Didn't really play much on it. I only play exclusives on my Playstations, otherwise I play them on the PC. I did order the new Miles Morales, and haven't played the first one so got the one with both games. Hopefully it gets here soon.

My daughters are playing the shit out of it and having a blast. All their groups of playstation friends are all envious of their PS5, while they are still gaming on their PS4's. That's really the only reason I bought it now this early is for the kids. Normally I wait until mid-late gen when they come out with $199 slim specials. Really hope they start coming out with some of the amazing PS exclusives that they usually do. On the plus side, I skipped the PS4 Pro, and have a ton of PS4 exclusive games that I haven't played yet. Haven't beaten God of War or FF7r, and haven't even played Spider-Man, any of the Uncharteds, TLoU2, or Ghost of Tsushima.

Only thing I don't like is on the back of the white controllers, underneath the triggers, it is getting a little dirty already. Seems like a horrible texture that will cause that to happen. I already ordered a silicone grip thing so the kids don't have it all disgusting in a week.
Cheeto dust shows up on every color but orange so you’re fucked either way.