Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
Got the plat for Ratchet and Clank today, rushed through it so i can send the disc to my brother. I wasn't as impressed, the first 2-3 hours are amazing and really cool and the gameplay is solid but in the end the story is weak, the characters are super 1 dimensional (hah!), and the game never really gets much more than the first few hours. The big problem is that they split the story between Ratchet and female Ratchet - Rivet - and you end up playing more as Rivet than Ratchet. Her story is unfolded a bit more while Ratchet has basically zero story in the game, but they don't have enough time to really tell you too much about Rivet so its just cliche nonsense that is boring.

I hate this new gaming paradigm where to appeal to as many people as possible they give women and men equal time, and instead of making a good story it just dilutes shit to where its not that interesting. If you want to make a game with a female lead, DO THAT, and focus on giving her a good story. Not this stupid bullshit of "its half Ratchet and half Rivet and you play as both and it appeals to everyone!" nah, its just limp dick story telling.

Game took me exactly 12 hours to beat (most sites list it as 8-9 hours) and another hour or so to cleanup and get the platinum. I'd rate it as a 7/10, great visuals and audio and levels but nothing I'll remember in 3 months. Spider Man and Miles Morales did basically all of it (mechanics wise, visuals) much, much better. Still a pretty game. I totally noticed the difference between 30 fps (fidelity) and 60 fps (perf) mode, I switched back and forth a few times and could feel the jank of 30 fps. Which isn't really a normal thing for me, I'm used to playing console games at 30 fps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Got the plat for Ratchet and Clank today, rushed through it so i can send the disc to my brother. I wasn't as impressed, the first 2-3 hours are amazing and really cool and the gameplay is solid but in the end the story is weak, the characters are super 1 dimensional (hah!), and the game never really gets much more than the first few hours. The big problem is that they split the story between Ratchet and female Ratchet - Rivet - and you end up playing more as Rivet than Ratchet. Her story is unfolded a bit more while Ratchet has basically zero story in the game, but they don't have enough time to really tell you too much about Rivet so its just cliche nonsense that is boring.

I hate this new gaming paradigm where to appeal to as many people as possible they give women and men equal time, and instead of making a good story it just dilutes shit to where its not that interesting. If you want to make a game with a female lead, DO THAT, and focus on giving her a good story. Not this stupid bullshit of "its half Ratchet and half Rivet and you play as both and it appeals to everyone!" nah, its just limp dick story telling.

Game took me exactly 12 hours to beat (most sites list it as 8-9 hours) and another hour or so to cleanup and get the platinum. I'd rate it as a 7/10, great visuals and audio and levels but nothing I'll remember in 3 months. Spider Man and Miles Morales did basically all of it (mechanics wise, visuals) much, much better. Still a pretty game. I totally noticed the difference between 30 fps (fidelity) and 60 fps (perf) mode, I switched back and forth a few times and could feel the jank of 30 fps. Which isn't really a normal thing for me, I'm used to playing console games at 30 fps.

I figured this might be the case when I saw they added a female character as the focus for this game (every trailer I saw showcased her).

RIP Ratchet and Clank. This rustles me greatly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
As a grown man why would you care what color or gender your cartoon wombat is?

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I totally noticed the difference between 30 fps (fidelity) and 60 fps (perf) mode, I switched back and forth a few times and could feel the jank of 30 fps. Which isn't really a normal thing for me, I'm used to playing console games at 30 fps.
How do you not ALWAYS feel the difference between 30 and 60 in any game? It's like night and day.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I can no longer play 30 any longer. I saw it on PC< but for some reason sitting on a couch now with a console it's even more distinct.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I put Ratchet and Clank on 30FPS quality mode to check it out on my new OLED masterpiece.

3 jumps and a dash and i was in the settings moving it back to Performance mode.

Cant wait for a game that lets me max quality and performance. - Will this ever happen?

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I put Ratchet and Clank on 30FPS quality mode to check it out on my new OLED masterpiece.

3 jumps and a dash and i was in the settings moving it back to Performance mode.

Cant wait for a game that lets me max quality and performance. - Will this ever happen?
Probably the ps5 pro in five or six years.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

I'm just glad they are at least allowing us to dial back some of the visuals, for higher framerates. As a primarily PC gamer, it was always so annoying to be locked into some 30 fps nightmare on console exclusives. Bloodborne is one of my all time favorite games, but the 30 fps absolutely kills any interest in replays for me.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you not ALWAYS feel the difference between 30 and 60 in any game? It's like night and day.
It didn’t bother me for a long time, when I played mostly console and a shitty PC. Since my new PC build last year and playing the majority of the time at 60+ I can’t stand 30 anymore. Playing the FF7 remake was rough, and Ghosts of Tsushima is gathering dust, still haven’t fired it up.

spronk

FPS noob
if you have a PS5 Ghost of Tsushima is 60 fps rock solid now. The PS5 edition of FF7R is also locked 60 fps, playing the Yuffie DLC now its pretty goofy.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
if you have a PS5 Ghost of Tsushima is 60 fps rock solid now. The PS5 edition of FF7R is also locked 60 fps, playing the Yuffie DLC now its pretty goofy.
Yeah, I just platinum'd Ghost of Tsushima and was really happy I waited for PS5.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have an old ps4, GoT is a no go for me at the moment.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got this in my email a couple hours ago. Is this the same mailer that everyone gets or could I actually expect this to work?

1623809673973.png

spronk

FPS noob
grats you get a ps5, and yeah its legit. just make sure you click on it within a few hours

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its at least a better way of getting the console into people's hands at MSRP. They should have been doing this all along instead of playing games with the bots and scalpers.

spronk

FPS noob
You have to have a PS+ account and enable both checkboxes here

1623854296460.png

Still a big YMMV on how long it'd take for you to get it.