Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What's the best way to track one of these things down. I'll buy a bundle or whatever.
Easiest way without paying money for a discord or something is to follow a few specific Twitter accounts that send out tweets when stock goes up. Wario64 or PS5StockAlerts is what I’ve used.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Need a new model where it doesn't look like an air purifier.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
probably OOS by the time you read this but thousands of PS5s at amazon today

been 7 minutes now and can still buy it there, a record new time

if you really want one at MSRP join an alert discord and setup alerts on your phone so it plays a klaxon on the thing you are looking for, a decent one is this

i coulda bought a ps5 at gamestop, walmart, and amazon today if i wanted another one but it did happen to coincide with morning time when i'm reading email and shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
That sucks, sold out when I went to it. Just patiently waiting, FOMO chi is strong. KRA! KRA! Ichiban, MrHolland420 always will be ichiban.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Of course, Walmart shits the bed with their site needing a click-and-hold feature that doesn't work worth a damn. Then I look and it likely will have a month before it ships.

It keeps refreshing with "will be back in stock momentarily", but what a pain.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The key to Wal-Mart is ordering it on the phone app. There is no captca bullshit on the app. That is where I used to always get hung up on when I tried on the website.

• 1Like

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone experience controller issues with their PS5? In FPS games the crosshair will periodically jerk to the side (almost like drift). I thought it was the controller, but it also happens with any PS4 controller we use on the system too. Now I'm thinking it is maybe a Bluetooth issue? We also have problems with momentary headset disconnects periodically.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The key to Wal-Mart is ordering it on the phone app. There is no captca bullshit on the app. That is where I used to always get hung up on when I tried on the website.

Ya know, I wanted to try it with that but I didn't bother. Thanks for the heads up.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe that’ll give Aloy time to lose the extra weight…

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No, it will take a few extra years, a Steam release, and a mod team to shed that weight.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
True that, more time to wait for all the miners to complete their farms and maybe get one. Sony should of had a loyalty program, 2020 was so fucked, fucking mail in ballots, bots and people hoarding hardware out of pure greed. Hey money is the name of the game in the end everything is about money. So fuck those people hoarding all the systems and video cards, but hey I rally don't blame them one fucking bit. All the retailers and Sony fucked up the launch and the blame is on them, the people scalping and pretty much running a racket are shitty people but in the end, I cannot blame them for them for making a shit ton of money; the retailers and Sony set it up perfectly. KRA KRA!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s just the lighting in that one picture guys!!

• 1Worf

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Almost got one on wednesday, hesitated for a minute because I had a 5% coupon, boom gone.

Ah well. I‘d maybe even go XBOX out of spite but my G29 is for PS 😐

Not making that mistake with the Switch OLED, I guess.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think it'll be hard getting a switch oled at launch, a ton of resellers are cancelling their preorders since ebay prices are shit but retailers aren't putting those "back in stock". should be able to get one at best buy or amazon on day 1

i cancelled my best buy oled preorder, i dont do fuck all with my switch anymore so why the heck would i want a slightly better screen

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i don't think it'll be hard getting a switch oled at launch, a ton of resellers are cancelling their preorders since ebay prices are shit but retailers aren't putting those "back in stock". should be able to get one at best buy or amazon on day 1

i cancelled my best buy oled preorder, i dont do fuck all with my switch anymore so why the heck would i want a slightly better screen
Yeah I see no reason to get the new one for anyone that already has one. It should have had a power increase along with the screen. I mean it runs like shit, lags bad, long as fuck load times. There’s been a couple times playing Minecraft Dungeons with my kid and it fucks up and just slideshows, we have to exit the dungeon and go back in to fix it (which takes like 2 minutes due to load times). Freezes completely once in a while too.