Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty genius. Make your product look like shit then charge a lot for a cheap piece of plastic to change it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My freaking 66 year old dad got his PS5 invite from Sony and bought one today. I told him about the sign up! I haven't even received an invite! Merry Christmas, Dad!

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ah cool you can register to buy at MSRP. Haven't checked this thread in quite a while.

Cold day in hell I pay 2x MSRP for a god damn playstation. I'll sit tight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ah cool you can register to buy at MSRP. Haven't checked this thread in quite a while.

Cold day in hell I pay 2x MSRP for a god damn playstation. I'll sit tight.
Yeah, you register and it’ll email you that theyve restocked and put you in a queue. It’s not a guaranteed system but it’s better than paying a scalper. I’d rather go without one forever than support that shit.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
people have "hacked" the ps registration system (really just guessing at hash numbers and mass manufacturing millions of fake accounts and registering them at a shot at an invite and selling the invites for $40) so i'd expect it to be a shit show, don't be surprised if you get an invite and the system claims its already been used

add a month of cheap PS+ if you do get an invite though, it gives you free shipping

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of people in this thread have gotten the invite and buying it has been really easy, even 3 or 4 hours after the window opens.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I spoke to soon! Joined the queue a few minutes after it opened, spent an hour waiting, all sold out when it was my turn.

edit: got one

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
The disc drive on this thing is literally louder than my vacuum.

edit: only when installing. Quiet when playing.

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The disc drive on this thing is literally louder than my vacuum.

edit: only when installing. Quiet when playing.
Lol I just realized I haven’t actually put a disc in mine yet. Good to know!

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
So far the most impressive "game" i've played on my PS5 is the Matrix tech demo. What games am I missing? Top 3? Been a really expensive table weight for most of it's life so far.

spronk

FPS noob
miles morales (ultimate edition includes digital code for spiderman remastered if you never played that)
demon souls, looks gorgeous
Ghost of Tsushima directors cut

all impressive, PS5 only games. Make sure you get some PS+, even just a month, and add the 20 games in the PS+ collection for free. Then enjoy stuff like Days Gone, God of War, etc for free

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Non-subscribers who need the PS+ collection should definitely just get a year for $30 (sale ends Sunday).

Personally I still wouldn't redeem either Godfall or Mortal Shell this month though. Neither one deserves any support whatsoever for their tomfuckery.

• 1Truth!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
miles morales (ultimate edition includes digital code for spiderman remastered if you never played that)
demon souls, looks gorgeous
Ghost of Tsushima directors cut

all impressive, PS5 only games. Make sure you get some PS+, even just a month, and add the 20 games in the PS+ collection for free. Then enjoy stuff like Days Gone, God of War, etc for free

Where do you redeem these 20 games?

spronk

FPS noob
on your PS5 (only works for PS5 owners) go to PSN store and then PS+ collection is somewhere in there

also if you really want a PS5 gamestop today is a good shot, cheapassgamer is reporting 4 hours after open a few bundles are still for sale at stores. YMMV on your location, demand, etc. Its $800 and includes games, controller, etc but i guess beats paying a scalper

• 1Solidarity

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Non-subscribers who need the PS+ collection should definitely just get a year for $30 (sale ends Sunday).

Personally I still wouldn't redeem either Godfall or Mortal Shell this month though. Neither one deserves any support whatsoever for their tomfuckery.

I know that the PS Plus Godfall version is just some "lite" version that just skips to the endgame and doesn't include the story levels, but what's the deal with Mortal Shell?