Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
join one of the infinite discord groups that do alerts for restocks, here is one that is pretty good

join the #roles channel, tell it you wanna know about NA-PS5 restocks, setup discord on your phone and have it notify you when restocks happen, and buy a ps5 within 0-4 weeks.

honestly if you don't have tons of free time to sit around at work watching shit go to facebook marketplace/offerup and pay $600-650 for a PS5, you are paying someone $100 to basically sit in line for you. the markup at this point is fairly low and will save you hours of "FUCK IT WENT OOS AS I WAS RIGHT IN CHECKOUT MOTHERFUCKERING BEST BUY" which will probably add 1-2 years to your life

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Grandpa Simpson Boomer GIF by moodman
Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN
yes i am

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyone with kids (looking at you Crone Crone ) have recommendations for games for a 6 and 8 year old? They have been playing Astros Playroom a lot but are starting to get bored of that and asking for something new.

I did get It Takes Two from the library and they had fun with that (they took turns playing with me), and only had a handful of times where I had to switch controllers and do both parts, since really quick input movements and stuff they still don't have the reflexes for. My son loves legos and I picked up DC Villains when it was free, but he doesn't really like comic book stuff so it hasn't appealed to him.

I downloaded Crash Bandicoot last night from PS+ so we'll see if they like that or not, but any other recommendations for that age range let me have em.
Back when my kids were that age, maybe a bit older like 8 and 10 I went on ebay and bought them a N64 and a few games. They loved it but being boys they gravitated to 007 like ants on candy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
I still don't get why people want this thing. The library is complete trash. Maybe in a year or two it might be worth it, but until then what is the point in dealing with the artificial scarcity?

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Because it's still a nice upgrade from old gen. Just the speed of the console and responsiveness of the UI is worth it for me. You can't look at it only on a library stand point there's other factors that make it worth the upgrade.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I still don't get why people want this thing. The library is complete trash. Maybe in a year or two it might be worth it, but until then what is the point in dealing with the artificial scarcity?
git gud f.....

Wait.

As Gator Gator said, everything works a lot better. Tons of games at 60 FPS, and the library is catching up. HZD 2, Elden Ring, Demon Souls Remake (Worth it by itself that game was epic), new Ratchet and Clank is good, Ghostwire Tokro, GoT 4k60, God of war 2 this year, Dying light 2, etc. Not like you won't have an abundance of things to play.

But let's get to the nitty gritty. We all have cash. We all love new Shiny. We buy all the consoles and upgrade our PC's - we are true champions. So go out and get one.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Do you really have to buy twitter and set up alerts to get one of these fuckers? Because fuck twitter, I am not installing that PoS on my phone, and Sony, y'all fucking stupid. I am going to get both consoles the whenever next Gen consoles are coming out, and go from there. Fuck you can sell a PS4 for 500-600 dollars and that is stupid as fuck. Fuck you Sonhy, you lying pieces of shit, just like Tool taking my gold VIP Tampa tickets, I mean wtf. "Technical Error", no the computer engineer got too high and added some extra zeros, I will take what you got! My name is Job for the year of 2022 because ever since July 18th 2020, I have lost everything I was looking forward too. Either to Scalpers, scalpers, scalpers, and scalpers, I think I got them all, oh yeah "Technical Error" , that might be a Money one. Lets let the most rabid, dicksucking, a lot of assholes fan base only get 10 gold vip tickets for each show?(Because we are a bunch of fucking rabid dicksucking, and assholes fans) FANTASTIC IDEA! Hey guys, know what would be funny is if we sold a couple extra and then send them a email a week later telling them they have to get a refund because we all chose to draw straws on who keeps their 1 of 10 gold vip tickets in a fucking sweet ass venue!

You might wanna ease up on that 420, Mr Holland, that was pretty fucking incoherent.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
It's worth it to me for the loading times, alone. Things like Kingdom Come are actually playable and I don't pass out in 45 minutes from taking a shot every loading screen.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the PS5 doesn't support 1440, only 1080 or 4k. Is this due to them thinking most owners will be playing on TVs?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the PS5 doesn't support 1440, only 1080 or 4k. Is this due to them thinking most owners will be playing on TVs?
Probably, but Sony just plain half-assed the video output. Always-on HDR was a retarded idea that causes problems with some TVs and in SDR games, and the PS5 still doesn't even have VRR support (people have been saying it's in the next firmware update, but they've been saying that for a while now).

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you really have to buy twitter and set up alerts to get one of these fuckers? Because fuck twitter, I am not installing that PoS on my phone, and Sony, y'all fucking stupid. I am going to get both consoles the whenever next Gen consoles are coming out, and go from there. Fuck you can sell a PS4 for 500-600 dollars and that is stupid as fuck. Fuck you Sonhy, you lying pieces of shit, just like Tool taking my gold VIP Tampa tickets, I mean wtf. "Technical Error", no the computer engineer got too high and added some extra zeros, I will take what you got! My name is Job for the year of 2022 because ever since July 18th 2020, I have lost everything I was looking forward too. Either to Scalpers, scalpers, scalpers, and scalpers, I think I got them all, oh yeah "Technical Error" , that might be a Money one. Lets let the most rabid, dicksucking, a lot of assholes fan base only get 10 gold vip tickets for each show?(Because we are a bunch of fucking rabid dicksucking, and assholes fans) FANTASTIC IDEA! Hey guys, know what would be funny is if we sold a couple extra and then send them a email a week later telling them they have to get a refund because we all chose to draw straws on who keeps their 1 of 10 gold vip tickets in a fucking sweet ass venue!
Fucking KRA indeed

• 1Double Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably, but Sony just plain half-assed the video output. Always-on HDR was a retarded idea that causes problems with some TVs and in SDR games, and the PS5 still doesn't even have VRR support (people have been saying it's in the next firmware update, but they've been saying that for a while now).
That's disappointing that Sony seems to be just fucking around. And yet everyone will still just fire off at least they have the games!! Which is true. Games are important, but I really love that the Xbox hardware works so much better.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
git gud f.....

Wait.

As Gator Gator said, everything works a lot better. Tons of games at 60 FPS, and the library is catching up. HZD 2, Elden Ring, Demon Souls Remake (Worth it by itself that game was epic), new Ratchet and Clank is good, Ghostwire Tokro, GoT 4k60, God of war 2 this year, Dying light 2, etc. Not like you won't have an abundance of things to play.

But let's get to the nitty gritty. We all have cash. We all love new Shiny. We buy all the consoles and upgrade our PC's - we are true champions. So go out and get one.
For me it was because I didn't own a modern console. And everything else Ut said!

• 1Truth!

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
You might wanna ease up on that 420, Mr Holland, that was pretty fucking incoherent.

No, I am just a raging idiot. KRA! Shit is strong and I only really use it at night on my older working days, never got stoned before work once at any of my jobs tbh. Don't feel like killing anybody, and there are a lot of idiots walking around a Mansion on Kiawah island while I am operating a drill rig and have to be listening to watching fucking everything. I am happy to say every crew came home safe with all thier eyes, toes, fingers, and if I caught them without their hardhat on while around the drill rig, last time they don't have that fucker on when they are around that fucker. Supervising people I have to say is the hardest job I have ever had to do, although; I haven't been able to do any work since July 18, 2020, because I have a pending marijuana charge and the courts have been opened then closed, more often closed than open. Like they have closed again now after being open for a couple of months. Blah blah, spare me it that this particular plant is illegal in this state and state lines are real blah blah. I just want to get court over with and the fuck out of here for a while. Life is just too damn short, just had a friend since high school OD on Fentanyl a month ago. It is amazing the number of people I know who have died because of Fentanyl, it is more than we have an endemic problem with Fentanyl
(China 🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️ to Mexico :emoji_articulated_lorry::emoji_articulated_lorry::emoji_blue_car::emoji_bike::emoji_motorboat::emoji_motorcycle::emoji_red_car::emoji_ship::emoji_oncoming_automobile: to America either as already fake pressed pills or powder and the Mexicans with sterile brand new scientific oil fryer and rip the bag open and toss it in the with the black tar they are making, never weighed it, they are so good cooking that shit they are dying just to learn to cook it, these guys are so accurate with their measurements, the last thing the Sinaloa Cartel wants is to be sued by Johnny and Brandon's mothers after they made a bad batch of pills, ya know?)

So what's a kinfolk supposed to do to survive and pay taxes when I cannot get a job until the results that are never coming back from the lab, why would it come back? Because that cop kept that shit, I have no doubt about it and it was delta 8 anyways and I am practicing the Rastafari religion, Jah will protect me:emoji_pray:. No Body Cam, No Dash Cam, still cannot get a court date, the solicitor is a bitch and won't drop it even though it is a non-violent marijuana charge. Oh, the reason he pulled me was, I was left of center and I was just heading home to mind my own fucking business and get ready for work the next day. Still keeping all my continuing education and licenses paid, don't feel like paying $200 to have to take my Well drilling test again when I can renew for $50 each year. I have been to court way too many times and all they want is my fucking money, and then more money for classes. Attorney General Allen Wilson can keep pushing his cancer sticks, but he is a dumbass, just as dumb ass ex-Attorney, Gen, now Governor Henry (Joe Biden of the South) McMaster, I did nothing to deserve this job, Trump, unfortunately, took our diamond in the rough Nikki Haley. I have spoken to every campaign running in this years election, and will be the first time I vote for a Democrat, Joe Cunningham may not be great, but he is under state matters, so I feel better with him being governor than his previous position in 1st SC Congressional District and he just served on term until Nancy Mace beat him in the 2020 Elections. I got a part-time job at a pipe shop but then I come down with covid last week.... and the hourly wage is about $20-$15 less then my trade skill, which I should be using instead of losing my mind, the only thing keeping me sane is LSD and Andrenochrome, no I have a coal forge and have been fucking around with that and Philipino whores from Madam Kamae's palace and fuck the state and feds even get to tax me! I'll leave you with this quote from current SC Attorney General Honorable Allen Wilson - "Marijuana is the most dangerous drug, know why? Because we know the least about it."
Well Mr. Wilson, we know tobacco is bad for you but we are still allowed to buy it. Alcohol which I put on par with Heroin(Fent) on worst drugs to use and then you can die from a alcohol withdrawal just like Benzodiazine precipitated withdrawl, they bind to the same receptors and you will have grand mal siezures. Oh yeah, I tried to look up one thing good McMaster has done since gaining office, and well it is shit. Apologize I have had a pretty fucking shitty year and a half, will be two on July 18. That damn rabbit tobacco.

Holy shit! That got off-topic pretty fucking quick, anybody got a disc PS5 they would like to sell?

And if you want to move to I have no clue what thread, politics thread, rustled jimmies, or fucking rickshaw the fucker, idgaf.

Kra test image1.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
lol

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No, I am just a raging idiot. KRA! Shit is strong and I only really use it at night on my older working days, never got stoned before work once at any of my jobs tbh. Don't feel like killing anybody, and there are a lot of idiots walking around a Mansion on Kiawah island while I am operating a drill rig and have to be listening to watching fucking everything. I am happy to say every crew came home safe with all thier eyes, toes, fingers, and if I caught them without their hardhat on while around the drill rig, last time they don't have that fucker on when they are around that fucker. Supervising people I have to say is the hardest job I have ever had to do, although; I haven't been able to do any work since July 18, 2020, because I have a pending marijuana charge and the courts have been opened then closed, more often closed than open. Like they have closed again now after being open for a couple of months. Blah blah, spare me it that this particular plant is illegal in this state and state lines are real blah blah. I just want to get court over with and the fuck out of here for a while. Life is just too damn short, just had a friend since high school OD on Fentanyl a month ago. It is amazing the number of people I know who have died because of Fentanyl, it is more than we have an endemic problem with Fentanyl
(China 🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️ to Mexico :emoji_articulated_lorry::emoji_articulated_lorry::emoji_blue_car::emoji_bike::emoji_motorboat::emoji_motorcycle::emoji_red_car::emoji_ship::emoji_oncoming_automobile: to America either as already fake pressed pills or powder and the Mexicans with sterile brand new scientific oil fryer and rip the bag open and toss it in the with the black tar they are making, never weighed it, they are so good cooking that shit they are dying just to learn to cook it, these guys are so accurate with their measurements, the last thing the Sinaloa Cartel wants is to be sued by Johnny and Brandon's mothers after they made a bad batch of pills, ya know?)

So what's a kinfolk supposed to do to survive and pay taxes when I cannot get a job until the results that are never coming back from the lab, why would it come back? Because that cop kept that shit, I have no doubt about it and it was delta 8 anyways and I am practicing the Rastafari religion, Jah will protect me:emoji_pray:. No Body Cam, No Dash Cam, still cannot get a court date, the solicitor is a bitch and won't drop it even though it is a non-violent marijuana charge. Oh, the reason he pulled me was, I was left of center and I was just heading home to mind my own fucking business and get ready for work the next day. Still keeping all my continuing education and licenses paid, don't feel like paying $200 to have to take my Well drilling test again when I can renew for $50 each year. I have been to court way too many times and all they want is my fucking money, and then more money for classes. Attorney General Allen Wilson can keep pushing his cancer sticks, but he is a dumbass, just as dumb ass ex-Attorney, Gen, now Governor Henry (Joe Biden of the South) McMaster, I did nothing to deserve this job, Trump, unfortunately, took our diamond in the rough Nikki Haley. I have spoken to every campaign running in this years election, and will be the first time I vote for a Democrat, Joe Cunningham may not be great, but he is under state matters, so I feel better with him being governor than his previous position in 1st SC Congressional District and he just served on term until Nancy Mace beat him in the 2020 Elections. I got a part-time job at a pipe shop but then I come down with covid last week.... and the hourly wage is about $20-$15 less then my trade skill, which I should be using instead of losing my mind, the only thing keeping me sane is LSD and Andrenochrome, no I have a coal forge and have been fucking around with that and Philipino whores from Madam Kamae's palace and fuck the state and feds even get to tax me! I'll leave you with this quote from current SC Attorney General Honorable Allen Wilson - "Marijuana is the most dangerous drug, know why? Because we know the least about it."
Well Mr. Wilson, we know tobacco is bad for you but we are still allowed to buy it. Alcohol which I put on par with Heroin(Fent) on worst drugs to use and then you can die from a alcohol withdrawal just like Benzodiazine precipitated withdrawl, they bind to the same receptors and you will have grand mal siezures. Oh yeah, I tried to look up one thing good McMaster has done since gaining office, and well it is shit. Apologize I have had a pretty fucking shitty year and a half, will be two on July 18. That damn rabbit tobacco.

Holy shit! That got off-topic pretty fucking quick, anybody got a disc PS5 they would like to sell?

And if you want to move to I have no clue what thread, politics thread, rustled jimmies, or fucking rickshaw the fucker, idgaf.

View attachment 393871
Double lol

PS: That's not too bad of an island.

1642711929313.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's disappointing that Sony seems to be just fucking around. And yet everyone will still just fire off at least they have the games!! Which is true. Games are important, but I really love that the Xbox hardware works so much better.

Yeah - honestly, I am using the series X more and more.

Dolby Vision - Check
Dolby Atmos - Check
Auto HDR but most of the time it is a Dolby Vision overlay that destroys auto HDR on PS5? Check

Right now I am going through Blood and Wine finally on Series X with Witcher 3 in performance mode and it works great. PS5 will get a lot of use though when Elden Ring, HZD 2, and Dying Light 2 hit. The friends list is WAY bigger for me on PS5 than XBox.