Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The Walmart one is at least a bit less egregious because you actually get free shipping with no purchase limits and if you actually shop there normally it’s not a complete waste of money. The Best Buy one though is no better than lighting $200 on fire for the chance to spend money on shit at retail price.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Walmart one is at least a bit less egregious because you actually get free shipping with no purchase limits and if you actually shop there normally it’s not a complete waste of money. The Best Buy one though is no better than lighting $200 on fire for the chance to spend money on shit at retail price.
The only thing worth buying at Walmart over anywhere else is video games because they are almost always $10 off day one, but that is only in store so no point in paying for walmart prime for free shipping.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is shipping really free if you PAY FOR IT?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not paying a fucking membership to shit retailers for the privilege of buying something.

I use my totaltech membership quite frequently - couple tvs and apple devices using the 2 year warranty/applecare as is not including all the other usual shit i grab. Pretty sure theyre losing out on my end since ive got like 15+ 2 year warranty's going on with them atm and im pretty sure its more than $200 worth, especially not including shipping.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the totalcare warranty is only good as long as you have totalcare, so you'd need 2 years (3 years... 4 years) of TT to keep the warranty up, and the $200 membership is only for 1 year. If you never actually use the warranty, and for most people 99.99% of the time you don't need warranty service on electronics, you're paying for something you never used.

I do agree TT is pretty good especially if you buy a lot of stuff at Best Buy every year, if you are heavy into the Apple ecosystem, or if you are able to get some reselling done it easily pays for itself in just 1-2 PS5/30xx purchases, and many resellers have purchased 5+ TT memberships but they have bots that pretty much guarantee a win on every TT drop.

For most normies though who just buy a new console every 4-5 years and rarely buy new fridges, TVs, etc and don't need geek squad its worthless.

For WM+ if you have an AMEX card check your offers, there may be a get $35 when you buy 1 year of WM+. I used it, got a PS5 for my brother over holidays, but haven't bought a single thing since then with Walmart. Oh well, worse ways to blow $30

spronk

FPS noob

According to the journalist, Spartacus will be comprised of three tiers priced at up to $16 a month.

"Right now they are called 'essential', 'extra' and 'premium'," Grubb claimed. "The pricing, again could be a placeholder, but the pricing is $10 a month for essential, $13 a month for extra and $16 a month for premium."

"For premium, $16 a month… do you get full games? Not really, kinda… it's like EA Play. You get full game trials. I don't know if that's for every single game that comes out, but it seems like that."

Grubb continued: "You also get classic games and streaming, none of the other tiers will have cloud streaming, you also get classic games."

He then expanded: "I don't know what classic games means, but I do know that it's a major part of this premium tier.

"For the extra tier, you get a 'downloadable game catalogue'" which Grubb has heard includes over "250, 300 games, something like that."

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

According to the journalist, Spartacus will be comprised of three tiers priced at up to $16 a month.

"Right now they are called 'essential', 'extra' and 'premium'," Grubb claimed. "The pricing, again could be a placeholder, but the pricing is $10 a month for essential, $13 a month for extra and $16 a month for premium."

"For premium, $16 a month… do you get full games? Not really, kinda… it's like EA Play. You get full game trials. I don't know if that's for every single game that comes out, but it seems like that."

Grubb continued: "You also get classic games and streaming, none of the other tiers will have cloud streaming, you also get classic games."

He then expanded: "I don't know what classic games means, but I do know that it's a major part of this premium tier.

"For the extra tier, you get a 'downloadable game catalogue'" which Grubb has heard includes over "250, 300 games, something like that."
If the price for yearly purchase lines up with the cost difference that ps+ currently has for month vs year, it’s looking to be likely $99 for a year at msrp. Very much depends on what the actual offerings are as to whether it’s worth it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Might be worth a part time subscription, but like my Ubisoft one it'd be the first to go unless there's a good annual cheap option.

I love subscriptions, hate the half-hearted attempt to copy Game Pass, but it's something. Before this stuff was more ubiquitous I got a lot out of the 10 hour trails via EA Access, good for FOMO and Gaming ADD, many games I'd have purchased or seriously considered I never bought because I didn't exhaust their 10 hour trails. Though if they found a way to fuck even that up and made it a real time trial like a video rental (10 hours from initial start of gameplay) that'd be shitty.

I think last week I finally passed 10 hours in Spider-Man, and it's probably my most played PS5 game.

spronk

FPS noob
i wish sony would just do a $20/yr PS+ Poor edition, where you just get multiplayer and cloud storage. I don't need the shitty 3 monthly games a month, 99% of them suck ass and will continue to suck ass in a $16/mo premium tier. No, I don't give a shit about playing a 15 year old Twisted Metal PS2 emulated cloud game. I don't need a 10 hour trial for new Sony games, I know already if I wanna play or not and twitch = demo now.

i'm subbed to the expensive nintendo switch online plan cuz my wife and kids play that animal crossing shit and i have yet to launch any of the n64 emulated games they have. i'm pretty sure i'll never play any of the PS2 cloud games PS++++ will have either, who has time when i wanna play Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and Elden Ring and God of War 2

fucking millennials love monthly sub plans, everything is a fucking monthly sub now. Taco Bell has one, even a baseball stadium is doing one

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
i wish sony would just do a $20/yr PS+ Poor edition, where you just get multiplayer and cloud storage. I don't need the shitty 3 monthly games a month, 99% of them suck ass and will continue to suck ass in a $16/mo premium tier. No, I don't give a shit about playing a 15 year old Twisted Metal PS2 emulated cloud game. I don't need a 10 hour trial for new Sony games, I know already if I wanna play or not and twitch = demo now.

i'm subbed to the expensive nintendo switch online plan cuz my wife and kids play that animal crossing shit and i have yet to launch any of the n64 emulated games they have. i'm pretty sure i'll never play any of the PS2 cloud games PS++++ will have either, who has time when i wanna play Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and Elden Ring and God of War 2

fucking millennials love monthly sub plans, everything is a fucking monthly sub now. Taco Bell has one, even a baseball stadium is doing one
I personally hate the whole concept of subscription services for games, and don't even get me started on the stupidity of cloud-based games.

That all being said though, I do have the Nintendo online service as well as the extended version. I originally did the Nintendo online service when it came out because I wanted to be able to backup my saves to the cloud and nostalgia for old Nintendo games attracted me. When the extended version of the service came out offering N64 games, I originally was like fuck that, but then when they added Banjo Kazooie I gave in to it because of nostalgia again. Then when they said they were adding a shit load of tracks for Mario Kart Deluxe 8 as part of that service, I was like ok hold on here. That gave it real value. Then I realized they have the animal crossing DLC included as part of that service. Again, more actual added value to having that service.

I think that Nintendo has the right idea of how to make a service plan valuable to it's gamers. It's added value on top of the games you own. To me that makes it worth having. The other services out there that give you free games to play by having the service to me are bad value. Not because I don't like playing games for free, but rather because at some point in the future that service WILL go away. They all do eventually. Those "free" games will go away with them. This is the exact same reason I am completely against the concept of cloud-based games. I want to OWN the games I buy; not rent them.

The thing with Nintendo's service is that when it goes away in the future, I won't be losing games that I bought. I will just be losing DLC that I "rented" by having the service. To me, that's a tradeoff I can accept.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

This will fail miserably, and should. Fuck Sony.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sony's shitty services make me want to sell my PS5 and get an Xbone. I have everything you can get and never use it bc it fkn sucks and everyone I know plays Xbox...

Anyone wanna buy a PS5?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to playing Uncharted 4. It was my first foray into the Uncharted series. It was a great game, but probably the PS exclusive I’ve enjoyed the least so far. I started The Lost Legacy, but it just feels too repetitive. I’m going to put it away for now. I’ll probably come back to it after a solid break from Uncharted 4.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Uncharted 4 is nowhere near the game Uncharted 2 was. Sure it may be technically more impressive but that is about it. (actually for the time 2 was god damn amazing)

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
Uncharted 4 was mediocre as hell. Playing it actually made me regret buying a PS4 at the time. With that and TLOU2, it's safe to say that Naughty Dog is one of the most worthless studios that Sony has now.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I love my ps5

Only issues is that my kids want their time on it as well. So know I'm looking to buy a used ps4 pro so they'll knock it the fuck off lol

• 1Like