Playstation 5

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Went out for dinner recently and where we went there was GameSpot right beside so I sent one of my sons in, as a joke, to ask if they had any ps5s available...

I now own a ps5 with Horizon 2 and Demon's Souls, also have Hades, Dying Light 2, Borderlands: Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Elden Ring, and Far Cry 6 because when I bought them for ps5 I also got the versions with a ps5 upgrade. I promised I would never pay 3rd party reselling prices and would wait until I could just walk in and get one and voila that is what I did. Lady behind the counter said that they are pretty much widely available now.

Now I can finally console game without it sounding like a helicopter is about to take off because my ps4pro sounded loud.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
get PS+ Premium after you finish those games, there are dozens of great games on the service you can play through without spending more than a month or two of sub

Spider-Man Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima, and FF7R-Intergrade are also great. I think all of them are on PS+ Premium

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I would second getting PS+ Premium. Literally more games than I have time to play. I've played through Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Yakuza 0, and a few older games like Victor Vran and one of the Warhammer games. Currently downloaded Deathloop and Assassin's Creed: Origins but honestly don't know when I'll find time to play them lol, currently working through Yakuza Kiwami. The only games I have ever bought for my PS5 are Dark Souls, Eldin Ring, and Farcry 6 (on a fire sale).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
get PS+ Premium after you finish those games, there are dozens of great games on the service you can play through without spending more than a month or two of sub

Spider-Man Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima, and FF7R-Intergrade are also great. I think all of them are on PS+ Premium
Those are all on the "extra" tier I believe. Premium is mostly a waste if you don't care about a handful of PS1 games and/or limited time game trials.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider

cool hot wheels

Hot wheels is actually pretty good. If you enjoy games like mario kart and San Francisco rush with jumping shortcuts it is worth a dozen hours or so to play through the challenge map.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been wanting to try the Hot Wheels game but not spend 20+ on it.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
sackboy coming out on steam in a month

so that basically means now Sony will port their games to PC around 2 years after PS5 release, so I'd expect GOW2 on steam in 2024. I'd expect TLOU1 on PC around the time the TV show airs on HBO sometime next year

it would be funny if they put out TLOU2 on PC and someone modded it to keep certain characters alive and mod'd Abbie to look feminine or go the other way, just mod'd it to be full of DC and MCU characters

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
it would be funny if they put out TLOU2 on PC and someone modded it to keep certain characters alive
This would be amazing. If only they could sell such a mod, and end up selling more copies of it on PC than TLoU2 sold period.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it would be funny if they put out TLOU2 on PC and someone modded it to keep certain characters alive and mod'd Abbie to look feminine or go the other way, just mod'd it to be full of DC and MCU characters
fe40fff52b43bfe8f379723c5f2758c1.jpg

apply to abbie - all

probably would get banned calling it "less ugly mod"

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Needs to be a rule that you can't remake a game that isn't at least 15 years old.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Needs to be a rule that you can't remake a game that isn't at least 15 years old.
I don't know, Nintendo has good reasons to remake shit they released on stupid consoles like the Wii/Wii U. Also I wouldn't mind Bloodborne remake even if technically it's only 7years old.

This definitely isn't it though. It'd be one thing to make it a HD free PS5 patch thing, but they're basically doing that and repackaging it as a new game for potentially full price(maybe 50$?).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, Nintendo has good reasons to remake shit they released on stupid consoles like the Wii/Wii U. Also I wouldn't mind Bloodborne remake even if technically it's only 7years old.

This definitely isn't it though. It'd be one thing to make it a HD free PS5 patch thing, but they're basically doing that and repackaging it as a new game for potentially full price(maybe 50$?).
That would just be a patch or a rerelease on a new platform, not a "remake."

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Yeah that's the issue. Sony is doing nothing but editing a locked down .ini and throwing it back out on the market for full price. It's fucking stupid and need not be bought. Series X will typically use smart delivery to get through this, but publishers are now finding a way to separate versions based on price point.

Sony can fuck a duck this gen with this garbage.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
HDZ remake is only valid if the Multiplayer Co-op is a super compelling game. Which it could be. If its giant robot monsters and limited loadouts per player, and synergistic gameplay where things done together - or at certain timings have magnifying effects (more than combinations in the base game). It has some aspects that could make it monster hunter like.

spronk

FPS noob
Son'ys rewards program is live now in NA, basically you get back 1% of what you spend on online games (or less?) to use on PSN and some digital collectible crap (not NFTs)