Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop 99% of the time just hooks up the console, puts in a game disc, and make sure it plays and connects to the internet so you will be just fine trading it in. a week or two ago they were giving like $410 for a ps5 if you bought a new ps5 (yeah its stupid) not sure now how much but i'd do it, all of them have the GOW ragnarok bundle in stock and its like $50 off right now still i think

just don't let them give you any bullshit about needing to buy extra shit when you buy the ps5, but DO pay the $14.99 for the pro membership since you'll get a few thousand points a day or two later for the purchase and you can head right back and buy a PSN card with those points plus your monthly $5 issued coupon

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm just afraid that when they do the system reset it will turn HDCP back on by default and then they'll launch the game and it will crash instantly.

Probably would have tried it though if I'd noticed that deal. Looks like the GOW bundle is still $510 and a couple in stock but I don't see anything about the extra $30 trade value.

spronk

FPS noob
nah they first run the system and make sure it works fine so take it in with your login already in place and shit (otherwise they get suspicious if its already reset) not changing anything but wifi settings, then after they are satisfied it works they do a factory reset in front of you to show the next person can't pretend to be you.

i used to trade in my switch, ps4 and xbox every year since 2-3x a year they run really good trade promos and thought about doing it 2 weeks ago for ps5 but with ps5 pro a year away just decided not worth the hassle

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Some great deals on SSDs today:

(Prices are probably wrong on those embeds, they're actually $129.99 and $143.99.)

I have the XPG and it works perfectly, but for that small a difference in price I'd grab the Samsung.

You'd have to be nuts to break the factory seal between the heatsink and CPU to check on something that only seems to have affected a tiny handful of consoles. For one thing, the real issue seems to be if the liquid metal leaks out onto something and causes a short, rather than the potential for overheating. Taking the heatsink off and trying to get it back on yourself is just going to increase the likelihood of that.

Plus I can't even find a single post on r/PS5 of someone claiming to have had the problem. If you're going to have a catastrophic PS5 failure, it's far more likely to be the CE-108255-1 error that my POS has repeatedly had. 2+ years later you can still find new posts showing up all the time on reddit and elsewhere from people who can no longer play some/all games without crashing.
Guess I was too late for the sale. Got the Samsung but had to pay 159. Not mad though, I had a Corsair one on order but it wasn't going to ship until the 16th. The Samsung will be here tomorrow. Corsair cancelled.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guess I was too late for the sale. Got the Samsung but had to pay 159. Not mad though, I had a Corsair one on order but it wasn't going to ship until the 16th. The Samsung will be here tomorrow. Corsair cancelled.
Keepa shows the price bouncing between 144 and 160 the past few days so if it goes down again in the next week you should be able to get Amazon to refund the difference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
add/swap m2 drive to PC , . Remove 200 covers/cards to expose drive hole. Lose the damn screw, cuss a lot , find the damn screw. Move the post , lose the post , cuss a lot. Find the post. Hold it just right and hope a butterfly in the next town doesn't fart or it will all come apart before you can get the thing screwed down.
PS5 - pop off outer cover , take 2 screws out , move post and install. Why can't PC's be that easy?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
If you are interested in GoW get that. If not, just get the PS5. I think there is only a few weeks left before the ps+ collection that comes with a newly purchased PS5 goes away. Make sure to add them to your library if you do decide to purchase.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If you are interested in GoW get that. If not, just get the PS5. I think there is only a few weeks left before the ps+ collection that comes with a newly purchased PS5 goes away. Make sure to add them to your library if you do decide to purchase.
Just added these games to my library, had no idea the purchase came with them until reading your post. Thanks and good looking out forum bro!

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How do you claim those? Mine shows either Purchased or Download. Do you need to download them to claim them?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
How do you claim those? Mine shows either Purchased or Download. Do you need to download them to claim them?
Sounds like you claimed them already. If you are not seeing a price and you are only getting a download option that should mean they already in your library. It's really convoluted how they have it set up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Does the PS5 need to be rebooted (like a PC)? I usually put mine in rest mode so I don't have to sit through updates but I'm playing an old game (Baldurs Gate I/II) and it's hard crashed twice. That seems weird for a game this old so I'm wondering if this think needs to be powered down each time. I usually save and put in rest mode without exiting out of the game if that matters.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does the PS5 need to be rebooted (like a PC)? I usually put mine in rest mode so I don't have to sit through updates but I'm playing an old game (Baldurs Gate I/II) and it's hard crashed twice. That seems weird for a game this old so I'm wondering if this think needs to be powered down each time. I usually save and put in rest mode without exiting out of the game if that matters.
It's an old game ported to a new system... If anything I would think it more likely to crash than a modern game.

I never restart my PS5 and I never really had an issue.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
When I'm done playing for a while I close any applications and turn it off. Never any issues unless the game is known for freezing up/glitching.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I usually leave it in rest mode to charge controller, but every so often I turn it off instead. Especially if I play for a long time like I've been doing lately with FFs, I turn the system off at the end of the session to give it a break and let it totally cool off. It can't hurt, in any case.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I usually leave it in rest mode to charge controller, but every so often I turn it off instead. Especially if I play for a long time like I've been doing lately with FFs, I turn the system off at the end of the session to give it a break and let it totally cool off. It can't hurt, in any case.
Did you have any crashes playing BG/BGII? I've had 2 so far , make a 'quicksave' slot for it .