Playstation Vita

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't think you will when the PS4 comes out. Being able to remote play any game is going to be incredible.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much why I bought it so hopefully they make good use of it.

Hekotat

They still haven't specified if you'll be able to do it from outside your own personal wifi but I don't think it will be an issue.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That Vita deal would be more appealing if it was a bundle that included a memory card.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hoping and praying for some sort of CFW for the Vita a-la PSP. Otherwise, I don't see myself spending the money at this point.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Uh, yeah. That's 50% off and a free memory card(though 4gb is pretty tight). If it's in good condition, it's a deal for sure.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Found one with a 4GB mem card on CL in my area for $125, would that be worth picking up if it isn't beat to hell?
Good suggestion - little tight on money at the moment - but inspired me to actually glance at CL - and there's a 3G one up (not that I care about the 3G but still...) for $150 with a 4GB card "lightly used" - that I'm contacting the owner regarding.

4 days old in my case, hopefully still available. (Although it's a long drive for me to get to his part of MD so wouldn't be too upset missing it either - almost worth the $150 difference to get it shipped to me with how my legs get driving an hour+ like this would be)

Hekotat

Hoping and praying for some sort of CFW for the Vita a-la PSP. Otherwise, I don't see myself spending the money at this point.
From what I've read there is CFW for it, I've been playing Symphony of the Night and FF7 on my PSP whilest I await the arrival of my Vita.

EDIT: However, I have not looked to see what you can do with it once it's modded.

Hekotat

I'm still pissed they are just now putting out The Last of Us, I sold my PS3 a year ago.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
From what I've read on Vita CFW, the only one that was done so far is a hacked version of the PSP firmware was put onto a Vita. There has still not yet been a real jailbreak on the Vita that allows you to play Vita ISOs and the like. The homebrew/emulator stuff on PSP was really awesome, but I'm not sure if I want to risk being unable to connect to PSN, etc on the Vita. Either way, I keep up with the CFW scene.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
The ebay auctions for white Vitas are kinda silly, brand new ones get bid up past retail, and then others sit there and go for around $200 with no games. Then the Vita with 32gb memory card and a couple of games gets no bids and expires multiple times at $300 + shipping.

Shooting for a white Vita, around $180, a game or two and memory card. Have just missed on a couple on craigslist, one flaked out and the other sold it just before i texted after waiting too long to pull the trigger.

Vaclav

Heh mine flaked on me thus far too - EBay would be more consistent plus consumer protection, if eBay doesn't work I'll just do retail though $100 won't kill me especially with the wife primarily wanting it since she's the bigger hunk of our money these days.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
From what I've read on Vita CFW, the only one that was done so far is a hacked version of the PSP firmware was put onto a Vita. There has still not yet been a real jailbreak on the Vita that allows you to play Vita ISOs and the like. The homebrew/emulator stuff on PSP was really awesome, but I'm not sure if I want to risk being unable to connect to PSN, etc on the Vita. Either way, I keep up with the CFW scene.
There were some great releases at the end of the PSP timeline that included being able to connect to PSN as though you were running OFW, even under a CFW, and it was great. I can only hope that they'll find a similar way of breaking the Vita, because the idea of not being able to bring a truly portable gaming system with me wherever just Because Sony Says So really rustles my jimmies. They're as bad as Apple in this respect. Hell, they did it first, so Apple is as bad as Sony.

Even though I'm looking forward to Remote Play actually being useful, I just can't justify buying what amounts to a box to play Persona 4 on (again, since I already own it for PS3). There just isn't enough out for the Vita that I care about at this point.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Managed to snag one for $150 off Craigslist, w/ AC3, Need for Speed and a 4gb card. Screen is fine, but almost looks like someone deliberately scratched up the silver sides. Wonder if I can smooth that out at all.

Hekotat

Mine will be delivered today, I'm sure it's going to go down something like this.

rrr_img_32092.jpg

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Realized yesterday the scratches are because it's where the s/n was at, lol.

I'm sure I'll try and sand the finish off w/ a dremel or something and repaint that at some point, just to see if I can do it. Will have to make sure those bottom indentions aren't vents or something first though.

rrr_img_32096.jpg

Vaclav

Scratched off S/N is illegal in many states last I checked (at least involving a resale) - be careful it might indicate it's "hot" - and make a note of his contact info just in case you ever get a visit because of such so you can at least try to give appropriate breadcrumbs.

On cleaning up the case - I'd go for doing light grade sandpaper by hand rather than Dremel to start off with - pretty sure that case is going to be only a few mils thick and the damage shouldn't be THAT deep from taking off a sticker.

BTW - Cat in the Hat (Thing 1) poster and clutter makes the pic priceless.

Oh and on "identations" - I assume you mean the little cubbies for the stickers? That's just for sticker placement, no venting - if you're talking ports thats a 3.5mm headphone jack and power/sync cable no?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, scratched serials are almostalwaysbecause it's hot.