Playstation Vita

Tol_sl

shitlord
it just amazes me that people think 40 is a good deal when they were ripped off to begin with)
Literally everyone knows proprietary memory is bullshit and sony fucked us from the start, but when the normal price is 80? Yeah, 40 is a good deal relative to the usual price, which is terrible. There is really no choice right now if you want a vita. I don't think anyone is arguing that sony shouldn't have just used a standard format from the start, but that's really a different issue altogether.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
PS Vita is pretty awesome for remote play when I want to play while the wife watches her shows however I would LOVE if Sony could just allow the PS4 Dualshock controller to continue to be enabled when using remote play!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
PS Vita is pretty awesome for remote play when I want to play while the wife watches her shows however I would LOVE if Sony could just allow the PS4 Dualshock controller to continue to be enabled when using remote play!
Holy shit. Possible through a bug!

PS Vita remote play with Dualshock 4 - YouTube

PS Vita remote play using a Dualshock 4 : PS4

]Spankyjnco 2 points 16 hours ago
I posted this there, but I will here as well.
If you sign onto a 2nd account on your playstation 4, then use the vita to remote play onto it, you can then use the dual shock and log back into your primary account, which will then let you play with the vita using the dual shock 4.
And just in case Sony *fixes* this I'm turning Automatic updates off for my Vita.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I hope Sony actually implements that "bug" to be a feature. Does signing into a 'sub account' mean that I don't get trophies on my main PSN account?

Eonan

Doer of Things
Ordered my Vita today, went with the 3G/Wifi model. Anyone here have any experience with ATT for the Vita? Im a lifelong Verizon customer for wireless, so not really sure what to expect.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ordered my Vita today, went with the 3G/Wifi model. Anyone here have any experience with ATT for the Vita? Im a lifelong Verizon customer for wireless, so not really sure what to expect.
I have AT&T and a vita and I considered it but reviews online told me no, don't do it and just don't.

1. If you have a grandfathered plan then you can't choose the $10 mobile share add-on option without giving it up. That's an automatic no-go for me.
2. If you have do not have an AT&T plan or don't want to change yours then you can pay $30/month for vita 3G access. (250MBs for $15 or 3GBs for $30)

Now considering that many of the vita games are a couple of GB's big you sure as hell never want to use your ultra limited cap for downloading a game.

Why You Shouldnt Buy a 3G PS Vita - IGN

In order to regulate network strain, AT&T and Sony will only allow for basic functions to be accessed over 3G, such as web browsing, PSN messaging, asynchronous multiplayer (i.e. turn-based games) and leaderboard access. If users want to play with other players online in realtime or download a larger game (assumed to be 20MBs or more) from the PSN, they will be required to connect to a Wi-Fi network. While the ability to message friends over the PSN and check leaderboard scores anytime, anywhere is certainly helpful, we'd hardly consider it worth the added monthly expense.
So you're essentially paying AT&T $30's to send IM's to PS4 players and check leaderboard scores...

Siliconemelons

So it is kind of the same as all the 3g nooks and ebook readers etc- the "cell" data on them is JUST for downloading ebooks etc from the stores, not even for web on the ebooks- no monthly fee either just the inital charge.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So it is kind of the same as all the 3g nooks and ebook readers etc- the "cell" data on them is JUST for downloading ebooks etc from the stores, not even for web on the ebooks- no monthly fee either just the inital charge.
Pretty much except you have to pay for it.

I would have been fine with a couple of different deals like you should get 1 free download* a month via 3G (free DOWNLOAD not free game) so long as you have PS Plus. They should charge a flat $15 fee for all you can eat iNet access. Not sure what the hell they expect people to be doing on their vita's anyway. 15$/mo would still probably be to much for that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I find it depressing that FF5 isn't patched to play on the vita.. every other version is though
frown.png

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thinking of getting one for my 9 year old for Christmas, Is it any good? What games would people recomend? He loves football so will get him Fifa and he likes the lego games so will get the new lord of the rings one, any other decent kid games on it?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Guy from my work said he ordered one and got it a couple days ago so thought I would pass it along. i;m probable going to buy one here in a day or two and can report back.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if it does, why the fuck would you pay $100 for that? Totally not worth it.
Considering unless the 32s go down to $40ish permanently that's basically the same price if he's quoting the conversion right for double the space.... the math is pretty easy.

Not that I'd be rushing to mind you.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was curious what absurd price they are trying to charge for a 64GB card so I took a look. You can switch the language to English and currency to dollars at the top of that page. It comes to $105 with FedEx shipping. Better than the other sizes, but still gouging to an extreme compared to what that card is really worth.

I really have to wonder how much of the Vita's 'failure' can be attributed to Sony's insistence on gouging on memory cards. It was definitely the number one reason I never bought one even after a few games I really wanted to play came out--especially when you consider that PS+ gives away Vita games while Sony bends you over if you actually want enough storage to be able to download them.