Podcasts Misc

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Has Sam Harris stuck to his plan of only providing the first 30 minutes of his shows for free? Has he said if it was working? I only listened to it when he had a guest I really liked and would never pay for it but when I heard about that scheme it sounded kind of nuts to me.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
sam harris would probably make more money by just doing intro ad sponsors and giving away the podcast instead of this gay subscription model and just sell out theatres doing a few live shows. and try to top the charts in the podcast apps.

he's probably hampered by the fact that joe has leaked his earnings to his friends (he makes between 60-75k per episode), so sam probably thinks thats how much he should be getting.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I can't imagine he is somehow making more money off that paywall shit than he would over ads. And no way in hell he pulls even 10% what Rogan pulls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder how many podcasters could get away with only doing the ads at the beginning like Rogan does. I mean is there anyone that doesn't skip the first 6 minutes of every Rogan podcast? He can do it because he's the king, but I bet most people would have to put their ads in the show to get paid decently for them.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I wonder how many podcasters could get away with only doing the ads at the beginning like Rogan does. I mean is there anyone that doesn't skip the first 6 minutes of every Rogan podcast? He can do it because he's the king, but I bet most people would have to put their ads in the show to get paid decently for them.
Rogan does product placement as well.

Personally, I find those cutaway ads annoying, but fine, I just ignore them. Or not, those manscape.com ads on YMH are hilarious.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Rogan does product placement as well.

Personally, I find those cutaway ads annoying, but fine, I just ignore them. Or not, those manscape.com ads on YMH are hilarious.
product placement like for stuff he uses? i mean half his studio was gifted to him for obvious reasons, and he does use the stuff like most recently whoop he was talkinga bout it tracking his sleeps and he used it for sober october.

iannis

Musty Nester
He's in an enviable position of not having to whore himself out, since he doesn't care about the money. He basically endorses what he uses... or probably shit Young Jamey uses. I've heard him say as much once or twice, I think he was talking to Harris, maybe.

I wonder if he built his new studio outright with proceeds from the podcast itself. 60k an episode, jesus fuck.

No mortgage for joe. Fuck that noise.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
product placement like for stuff he uses? i mean half his studio was gifted to him for obvious reasons, and he does use the stuff like most recently whoop he was talkinga bout it tracking his sleeps and he used it for sober october.
The whoop thing was 100% product placement. Do are the Heinikens.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
He hasn't been dropping alpha brain as much as he used to. It never annoyed me, but it was always obvious what he was doing.

His company, his podcast. No foul.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is it me or did the combo of the Spotify deal and seemingly never any good episodes anymore really kill the last podcast?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Thats pretty good! I have a song like that and its bugged the living shit out of me since about 99-2000.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have a good podcast player that stores on a SD card?

All the ones I've tried said they could, but I'm not able to get the ones I've tried to work

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a good podcast player that stores on a SD card?

All the ones I've tried said they could, but I'm not able to get the ones I've tried to work
Have you considered this new invention, its all the rage lately. Its generically referred to as a smart phone.

• 1Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Have you considered this new invention, its all the rage lately. Its generically referred to as a smart phone.

That's what I'm trying to do this on.

Internal memory is full of shit, sd card has plenty of space.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That's what I'm trying to do this on.

Internal memory is full of shit, sd card has plenty of space.
I like Pocket Casts for my podcasts and I consume a lot. There are a bunch of others that are all good, I think at this point its just a personal preference which app to use. They all allow storing to SD card.

• 1Solidarity