Podcasts Misc

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I like Pocket Casts for my podcasts and I consume a lot. There are a bunch of others that are all good, I think at this point its just a personal preference which app to use. They all allow storing to SD card.

Shit is a headache or I'm phone illiterate.

Audible is easy, select SD card and done.

Pocket casts wants the path for SD card, solid file explorer can't find it...

Shit should be easy

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone have a good podcast player that stores on a SD card?

All the ones I've tried said they could, but I'm not able to get the ones I've tried to work
i used beyondpod b/c of this, mainly b/c i was "used" to it, it finally fucked over my phone too much i had to search elsewhere

beyondpod had this inane way of doing it, first you had to enable it in the app, then you had to goto app pref (in the system) and allow the app to write externally.

i'm sure it was cuz it was an old ass app

now using podcast addict, just click on options and storage folder, also with this app, i can stream at 1.5x w/o needing to download anyway, maybe try it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Shit is a headache or I'm phone illiterate.

Audible is easy, select SD card and done.

Pocket casts wants the path for SD card, solid file explorer can't find it...

Shit should be easy
It's just a single option in pocket casts. No need for a path. In storage and data use.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Okay, whoever recommended Down the Hill is a jerk, I do not find it good or compelling. Maybe it's because it is so recent and there isn't much information available, but I cannot get into it like I could other true crime podcasts like Someone Knows Something or Atlanta Monster. Also, there is way too much "get to know the victims" and "keep their story and their family in mind" bullshit to it. I swear to God, everytime they say "we're back in the writer's room" you know you're about to hear 5 straight minutes of worthless bullshit.

What makes you guys keep coming back to it?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just think the case is very unique with us having videos and sound. I agree it's a bit long in the tooth

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Might be my jankyass phone.

Flashed the sd card as mobile, then again for "phone" wtf ever that means, then in the podcast app I had the storage but wasnt able to really select it.

Who the fuck knows, will find out in a month if the overflow doesnt start going to the sd card.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Might be my jankyass phone.

Flashed the sd card as mobile, then again for "phone" wtf ever that means, then in the podcast app I had the storage but wasnt able to really select it.

Who the fuck knows, will find out in a month if the overflow doesnt start going to the sd card.
Did you use your phone to format the sd card?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I just think the case is very unique with us having videos and sound. I agree it's a bit long in the tooth

True, I thought that would be more relevant to the podcast. While they spend a lot of time on it, there is so little to go on that the police have released to the public that it ends up being tilting when they talk about it since they have spent dozens of hours watching 1.5 seconds of video and listening to 4 words.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Try out Atheism Is Unstoppable on YouTube. It is not exactly a podcast but it is long form and he does a ton of research. His series on the Central Park Five and the Chino Hills Massacre are both great.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
@a_skeleton_03 and I chatted for a couple hours today. Dont have a podcast form to download, but did upload audio to youtube if anyone wants to listen.

Some politics, some forum nonsense, some random stuff.

Zero production value. Lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The guy who does these great skits on youtube has a podcast and I find it pretty funny.

He rants pretty good for an hour straight. I lol'd

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Mist Mist are you a fan of Iliza Shlesinger? I was listening to her podcast today I swear I think you wrote in to her. Mid 20's girl never been in love, spent a lot of time caring for mom. The only thing missing was that you didn't tell her you're gay.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mist Mist are you a fan of Iliza Shlesinger? I was listening to her podcast today I swear I think you wrote in to her. Mid 20's girl never been in love, spent a lot of time caring for mom. The only thing missing was that you didn't tell her you're gay.
isn't mist in her 40s?