Podcasts Misc

joz123

Potato del Grande
Artie Quitter podcast has been up since last week, pretty fucking funny. 7 bucks a month tho like Anthony Cumia, cept no video for Artie's.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hmm I did not realize there was a podcast covering this. I like this true crime stuff.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Personally, I think the whole case revolves around the dynamic between Adnan, Jay and Stephanie. The Nisha call was Jay calling the most recently frequently dialed number to see if Adnan had been talking to Stephanie a bunch. Nisha doesn't remember the call because she didn't recognize the voice at the time, having never met Jay. When Adnan puts Jay on the phone with Nisha weeks later at the video store, that's Adnan trying to get Nisha to remember if she recognizes that voice as the one who called her. Also, the part I can never get over, is why would Jay help Adnan get rid of the body if they supposedly weren't even very good friends? Why would Adnan let Jay borrow his car and cell phone? I would think helping bury the body of the girl you just killed, whether intentional or accidental, is pretty high tier on the bro ladder.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of my old and new favorite podcasts done by Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Walking the room was their first podcast and a lot of episodes have a lot of good comedians on them (i.e. Patton Oswalt) and their second one is even better as they take on insane true stories of history such as the guy from Michigan who was making his own nuclear material.

http://walkingtheroom.libsyn.com/

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Give me more podcasts to listen to.

Preferably more ones with erudite jews talking at a soothing pace about things that make me feel like a deep, socially conscious intellectual.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Infinite Monkey Cage, Freakonomics, This American Life, Planet Money, Invisibilia (it's aight), WTF, Nerdist, Hardcore History, How Did This Get Made? (love this one), Risk (also love), Cracked's podcast, Radiolab

That's pretty much my rotation with some Rogan/Smodcast thrown in if they look super interesting.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I will put in another plug forDamn Interesting - A collection of legitimately fascinating information culled from the past, present, and anticipated future..

It's really like a top level "This American Life" or "Hardcore History" episode in terms of quality pretty much every time but comes out very erratically. Not something you can count on every week but it's very fun going through the back catalog. I recommendThe Clockmaker - Damn Interestingfor a first episode to try. It's a story about a guy who *almost* blew up Hitler. Don't just read the transcript, you have to listen to it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I pretty much just listen to TWIT live all day. They never shut the mics off so you go from one podcast to the next while you hear all the behind the scenes stuff.

And their shows are all great. I thought the Lawyer show would be bad, but is now one of my favorites.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Infinite Monkey Cage, Freakonomics, This American Life, Planet Money, Invisibilia (it's aight), WTF, Nerdist, Hardcore History, How Did This Get Made? (love this one), Risk (also love), Cracked's podcast, Radiolab

That's pretty much my rotation with some Rogan/Smodcast thrown in if they look super interesting.
Cracked is so uneven in quality.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, some of the episodes are really awesome, and sometimes it is like someone needs to tell Jack that just saying something over and over doesn't make it true.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Jason/David is the only person on that podcast that knows anything about anything outside of pop culture.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like Dan O'Brien, because he stays in his lane. Listening to Jack and Swaim talk about politics is pretty much torture though.

Jack in particular has the fascination with Frozen as being a "two princess movie" and he completely misses why it was popular or what it innovated in the first place.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Shouldn't this be moved to the fancy new podcasts/music thread?

Retitle: Podcast Misc