Podcasts Misc

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Pocket Casts is well worth the couple bucks they charge. Auto download, sync between devices etc.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I might have to check that out. I use Podcast Addict right now and for the price (free) I don't have any complaints. I do wish I could set certain podcasts to auto-download, maybe it does and I just don't realize.

Does anyone else listen to podcasts at 1.5 speed or higher? A friend of mine turned me on to that, it was weird for a minute but I got used to it. Without it I don't know how I would ever get through an episode of Hardcore History. I thought about trying to increase the speed from 1.5 a little further but am worried how it will turn out.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I have mine set at 1.2. Beyond that I usually start missing things.

Also, if you don't find what your're looking for in Pocket Casts, it does allow you to import from OPML and it will even find files on your device downloaded by another app if you want it to. Interface is very nice as well.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Doggcatcher can also do the auto downloads and faster playback and stuff but I don't use any of it.

Emos

Trakanon Raider
Another improv podcast from Earwolf. Matt Besser hosts it and usually has 3 improvisers others get suggestions from Twitter or Youtube videos. Just about always good when Horatio Sanz, Joe Wengert, or Stephanie Allynne are on. I don't think there are any that I didn't finish listening to though.

Improv4Humans

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I fucking hate these people whose job is to get people stirred up about bullshit to get clicks. The Atlantic is only slightly better because they should just ignore obvious bullshit and not cash in on it themselves by "refuting" something that should be obvious nonsense to any rational reader. They are just giving more attention to the original click bait and whoring a few for themselves while they are at it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another improv podcast from Earwolf. Matt Besser hosts it and usually has 3 improvisers others get suggestions from Twitter or Youtube videos. Just about always good when Horatio Sanz, Joe Wengert, or Stephanie Allynne are on. I don't think there are any that I didn't finish listening to though.
There was an episode of Who Charted where Howard Kremer was out and they had Armen Weitzman guest host. He's a different kind of weird from Howard but still works with Kulap. Anyways Matt Besser was a guest one of the episodes and it's one of my favorite podcasts ever. Armen was a former improv student of his at UCB and apparently not a good one. Besser spends the entire podcast ripping in to every stupid thing he says and berating him and it's fucking outstanding.

Gandalf Vs. Snape, episode #182 of Who Charted? on Earwolf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
White privilege in Serial? Man people will just find any reason to get offended these days.

You guys should listen to Risk. Great podcast

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
White privilege in Serial? Man people will just find any reason to get offended these days.
The thing is, he is NOT offended. The people who write for these blogs are basically slave labor. They have to post 3 times a day and only get paid if they get clicks. He noticed that there was a new podcast that was super popular, especially with the NPR types and it was getting a lot of buzz. He then makes up some nonsense about how it's mildly racist and gets lots of clicks. It doesn't matter that he doesn't have a point, because then it's super easy for a bunch of other bloggers to make posts about what an idiot he is, and they all link back to his post. Political crusaders on Reddit and Rerolled post it to say "Look how stupid the SJWs are!". More clicks. If he's really lucky some Fox News blowhard like O'reilly will put it on the air and get the senior citizens riled up about it so they can share it on Facebook talking about how dumb he is. More clicks. He already knows that the regular people that click his article are just going to read 3 sentences, see a picture of tits somewhere and wander off anyway so why not write the shit that makes him the most money. It's all just a big incestuous cluster fuck to sell advertising. No one is actually offended.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The thing is, he is NOT offended. The people who write for these blogs are basically slave labor. They have to post 3 times a day and only get paid if they get clicks. He noticed that there was a new podcast that was super popular, especially with the NPR types and it was getting a lot of buzz. He then makes up some nonsense about how it's mildly racist and gets lots of clicks. It doesn't matter that he doesn't have a point, because then it's super easy for a bunch of other bloggers to make posts about what an idiot he is, and they all link back to his post. Political crusaders on Reddit and Rerolled post it to say "Look how stupid the SJWs are!". More clicks. If he's really lucky some Fox News blowhard like O'reilly will put it on the air and get the senior citizens riled up about it so they can share it on Facebook talking about how dumb he is. More clicks. He already knows that the regular people that click his article are just going to read 3 sentences, see a picture of tits somewhere and wander off anyway so why not write the shit that makes him the most money. It's all just a big incestuous cluster fuck to sell advertising. No one is actually offended.
Someone finally gets it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Use-a mail-chimp-a

So Serial is done. CASE SOLVED!
Case not solved. I'm pumped for s2 next year.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah..

When Sarah said "I totally have an ending" I thought maybe there was going to be some big revelation after all but basically she was just lying when she said she had an ending. I too am looking forward to Season 2 but I hope this time they pick a story that actually has an ending. FWIW, I think he did it but I would probably also be reluctant to vote that way if I was on the jury.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't expect these shows to end up in some kind of major revelation that gets anyone released from prison (or maybe put into prison?).

khalid

Unelected Mod
My overall feeling is that he is guilty. It just comes down to it isn't believable that he remembers so little about that day. Don's reaction, that the minute he realized she was missing he went through the entire day in his head immediately, is how most would react. I don't believe anyone would react with a "oh, just a normal day".

I don't believe Jay either, it is obvious he had tons of mistruths in his statements, so he probably helped much more than he did, but shrug.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
He might be guilty but the entire story of the prosecution seemed so weak in retrospect that I wouldn't ever vote to convict him knowing what we know now.

His defense attourney had one of the most annoying voices ever BTW.