Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
So how do I know which attacks are best for each of my mon? Our strongest is an Electrabuzz right now with Thunder shock and Thunder

According to the reddit list, that's good.

But our Pidgeot comes with Steel Wing and Hurricane, reddit says Wing attack + Hurricane are better - but by how much?

Q - I've been using this list, which I was told was updated after the nerfs a few weeks ago

Pokémon Go Moves - movesets, move list, and highest DPS attacks

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So how do I know which attacks are best for each of my mon? Our strongest is an Electrabuzz right now with Thunder shock and Thunder

According to the reddit list, that's good.

But our Pidgeot comes with Steel Wing and Hurricane, reddit says Wing attack + Hurricane are better - but by how much?
I think the missing factor in those DPS calcs is your pokemon's ATK (which you can't see, only the overall CP). I'm not an expert, but the ATK (vs DEF?) modifies those dps moves. So the question is, how much Pidgeot's CP vs Electrabuzz's CP? If your Pidgeot is 500 cp behind, having the best moves will not compensate much for the difference.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Eurogamer site is pretty good, because it lists more than just the best - so you can assume if the one you have isn't even on their list, it's bad.

Just spent a good hour downtown following a bunch of teenagers who were tracking with a map on an iPad, caught a 770ish jynx with best attacks, a level 17 Magicarp with 88% IVs, a decent Koffing and a bunch of other stuff.

I think tonight I'll use my first lucky egg, might catapult me all the way to 20 if it's 20k exp on 18 and 19 too.

fris

Vyemm Raider
save your eggs and evolving till 20. it really slows down in the 20s and the escape rate is much higher, best to accelerate through that.

im 26 and starting to go after certain mos instead of just clustered stops for levels. i know of a small magicarp location that has the occasional dratini.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have three eggs and way more pidgeys, rats and weedles than I can hope to convert in 30 minutes :)

It's becoming irritating to scroll past all these shit pokemon.

I'm already losing too many strong pokemon with curved superballs and berries. Really annoying.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well I couldn't even finish all the pidgeys and didn't even touch the rattatas. Now 1500 exp away from 20. I have almost enough to use another egg.

Got a 55% beedrill out of it with perfect move set according to the list.

My 77% Spearow turned into a shit Fearow with Beak and Aero Ace though

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
my last three high IV eevees have all been flareons :-/

At least this most recent one got fire blast though, not bad for a 97%.

Sterling

El Presidente
my last three high IV eevees have all been flareons :-/

At least this most recent one got fire blast though, not bad for a 97%.
I have 2 mid 90s Vapes, but both ended up with Water Pulse which is pure shit tier. Thankfully even after they nerfed Water Gun from 10 to 6 it's still one of the better basic moves and people still use fire pokemons to guard gyms for some reason. What I'd really like is a nice grass pokemon or something to wreck the vapes that everyone uses. Seriously in my area, it's like 75 percent Vaporeons guarding gyms.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have 2 mid 90s Vapes, but both ended up with Water Pulse which is pure shit tier. Thankfully even after they nerfed Water Gun from 10 to 6 it's still one of the better basic moves and people still use fire pokemons to guard gyms for some reason. What I'd really like is a nice grass pokemon or something to wreck the vapes that everyone uses. Seriously in my area, it's like 75 percent Vaporeons guarding gyms.

I was just thinking this, whats a good counter to vape? was thinking of making a jolteon to counter, any other suggestions?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What I'd really like is a nice grass pokemon or something to wreck the vapes that everyone uses. Seriously in my area, it's like 75 percent Vaporeons guarding gyms.

I have a 91% zen/beam exeggutor, 89% razor/beam vileplume, 87% thunder volteon, and an 82% razor/blade victreebell for putting the hurt on vaporeons, with honorable mention to an 84% electrode and 78% electabuzz. Have a 95% bulbasaur that needs 75 more candy to evolve twice, and an 84% pikachu that will probably be sent to the professor in favor of a higher IV one. Oh, and dishonorable mention to my 91% zen/bomb exeggutor. 50 wasted candy!!!

I have an 89% cross chop machamp but I'm not gonna use the dust to power him up unless I start seeing a lot of beefy normal type gym defenders. I'll probably just use my flareon army to grind down normal types. My best anti-Dragonite mon atm is probably a Seadra, not a terribly strong choice but he's 91% with dragon breath/blizzard. My only Jynx got fucking draining kiss for the charge move, none of the shellders or seels I've found have been worth evolving and I don't exactly find a lot of them anyway.

I was just thinking this, whats a good counter to vape? was thinking of making a jolteon to counter, any other suggestions?

Electric types are pretty awful compared to grass when it comes to countering water. They do extra damage to water, but they don't reduce water damage and are just weak in general. Grind eggs like crazy for exeggcute, oddish, and bellsprout, but aside from that, a water type with non-water moves works well too. Tentacruel, golduck, slowbro, and poliwrath are all water types with access to non-water moves, although poliwrath is probably the worst of those options since submission sucks.

Final option is to just grind it out with another vaporeon. This is probably the spot where having hydro pump over tail/pulse makes the biggest difference, a hydro pump vape will walk all over one with water pulse.

Last edited:

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
There really needs to be some sort of implementation to allow for a re-roll of moves, I don't care if it's a steep candy cost per roulette roll or whatever, but some of the discrepancies between special moves as aforementioned are just asinine.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Is there any way to find a map of gyms in an area? I'm basically looking to map out the low traffic gyms. I'd love to find a few to hold. I know people don't mind spending 20-30 minutes in a populated area to take down my 2200 Eggexecutor, but I doubt they'd do it on the side of the road in the middle of the woods.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there any way to find a map of gyms in an area? I'm basically looking to map out the low traffic gyms. I'd love to find a few to hold. I know people don't mind spending 20-30 minutes in a populated area to take down my 2200 Eggexecutor, but I doubt they'd do it on the side of the road in the middle of the woods.

Poor urban areas are littered with churches, which are often gyms. People in the projects aren't exactly rocking top notch pokemon. Are you willing to do a gym crawl through a place like Camden?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Poor urban areas are littered with churches, which are often gyms. People in the projects aren't exactly rocking top notch pokemon. Are you willing to do a gym crawl through a place like Camden?

I live in Connecticut... so I guess I could try Waterbury. Camden... not so much.

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
LOL, Yerm, hoss, have you actually been hitting up hood gyms? I drive through LA fairly regularly, and I'm seeing craaaazy mons through places like Rosemead and El Monte. Like, a 6-stacked Snorlax/Lapras/Arcananine/Lickitung/Vape/Snorlax, all above 2k cp.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm hearing they're tightening the noose on botters, but some people are saying they're just blindly cracking down on high level people who are getting reported by other players.

If they keep it up botting will actually be an interesting problem to solve instead of the PoGo equivalent to jamming your screwdriver in your keyboard to skill up in UO. It's one thing to just use a pretty basic API to say, "Go here, catch these pokemon." and another thing to make one that passes the Niantic turing test they're developing.

Tyen, your level 36(?) still safe?