Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I live in Connecticut... so I guess I could try Waterbury. Camden... not so much.

Whereabouts? Shoreline is fantastic lots of churches/historical sites. Yale area of new haven is crazy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hearing they're tightening the noose on botters, but some people are saying they're just blindly cracking down on high level people who are getting reported by other players.

If they keep it up botting will actually be an interesting problem to solve instead of the PoGo equivalent to jamming your screwdriver in your keyboard to skill up in UO. It's one thing to just use a pretty basic API to say, "Go here, catch these pokemon." and another thing to make one that passes the Niantic turing test they're developing.

Tyen, your level 36(?) still safe?

I've heard the same thing, which is why I'm trying to keep as low a profile as possible when I roll the two gyms in town each morning. Don't wanna piss my own team off by putting in something that's complete garbage, don't want to rile up the other teams by putting a super tough defender in, so I mostly just show off the funnier/rarer shit I've found. I was showing off with a kabutops until the gyms finally got taken back yesterday, so this morning when I took them back I put electrode and gengar in. Think tomorrow I'll toss in golem and rhydon, both absolutely terrible defenders since they're double weak to both grass and water.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Heh, I also like to put my rare pokemon on them. Something about seeing my aerodactyl on a gym feels right.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Whereabouts? Shoreline is fantastic lots of churches/historical sites. Yale area of new haven is crazy.

I'm in Southbury - so not a whole helluva lot going for me. Woodbury has a nice stretch of stops if I head down the main road - but rarely do I see anything crazy there. I'm headed to Providence this weekend, so maybe there will be some stuff out by the water for me.

Sterling

El Presidente
Depends on if it's something I think will last awhile or if it's something to just flip quick for some coins and dust. I'll stick something dumb like a Slowpoke or Psyduck or some shit in if I want to troll a bit, otherwise I stick a like a 1600ish Vape or something in them so that it's decent, but not one of my gym fighters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder if my flareon brigade could grind down the snorlax maniple guarding the gyms at the big pokestop cluster at a park in the town I used to live in. Happened to be going past the other day and saw 3 blue gyms all with multiple snorlax.

I really wish you could choose to be on team rocket.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL, Yerm, hoss, have you actually been hitting up hood gyms? I drive through LA fairly regularly, and I'm seeing craaaazy mons through places like Rosemead and El Monte. Like, a 6-stacked Snorlax/Lapras/Arcananine/Lickitung/Vape/Snorlax, all above 2k cp.

I really just don't do charity work anymore so I avoid the ghetto. Camden is weird, you can sorta cruise major roads and see where the easy as shit gyms are, but I'm not going to actually leave a major road to go TO that place, fuck that. My sisterinlaw used to run homeless programs in the county and she loved it for Ingress.

Blue was by far the best color in Magic, so it has to be the best team in Pokemon too right?

I support the nonbinary gym leader. Red and Yellow are teams of oppression and colonialism.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks like the gym near work lost the lvl 37 guy with a 3k+ Dragonite sitting on it. My god that gym was a fucking beast of a thing, too. Shit was level 9 and the lowest CP mon on it was 1750. People have ground it down to level 6 now, but damn has it taken them a while to pick away at it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah I saw two gyms held by team blue in the outskirts of Vienna right next to each other, both level 10, full of fairly strong pokemon. That's what it looks like when all the players of one area are on the same team

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, up near my work, the gyms in sight are usually mostly or all Mythic (go blue!). I see a lot of the smaller ones switching over a lot, though. They just get retaken fairly quickly. Down at my house, there's an Instinct team that controls a ton of the area most of the time, all the same people.

Sterling

El Presidente
At the college I live right by, there's one Gym that's been Mystic for pretty much forever and is currently level 10 and my 1700 vape is by far the worst one that's in it. People don't even bother since it's a couple of almost 3k Dragonites and Snorlaxes and then a bunch of 2-2.5k assorted ones. I guess people don't even bother since my shitter has been there for almost a week as the bottom rung. Same guys the whole time, nobody got hit by the banhammer that I can see.

Sterling

El Presidente
Fixed that for you. Pretty sure something like 60% of the banned and restricted cards over the years have been blue, and then another 30% were artifacts.
Black has a fair number of banned/restricted cards too, Necro, Bargain, Will etc, but blue historically has been super strong in almost every format, though they've toned it down in recent years with the focus on permanents though. But that all being said, it was just a random reason to pick the Blue team, which seems to have most of the highest level players in my area by happenstance.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
dOido6u.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Fixed that for you. Pretty sure something like 60% of the banned and restricted cards over the years have been blue, and then another 30% were artifacts.
how does my comment get trolled into i never played magic? Where is the correlation between your "fix" and banned cards.

yes blue had some op cards so what doesn't mean green or black weren't better. blue need op cards b/c it was such a shitty deck.