Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have 8 pokemon I'm keeping at max right now, and sitting on 400k dust. It's still going up rather than down so I can splash out now and then on powering up a new pokemon from 20-28.5

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you not bother doing mass evolves with a lucky egg or something? I simply cannot fathom how you have so much dust while being lower level than me, especially when a significantly higher portion of your xp comes from pokestops than mine.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Do you not bother doing mass evolves with a lucky egg or something? I simply cannot fathom how you have so much dust while being lower level than me, especially when a significantly higher portion of your xp comes from pokestops than mine.

I do mass evolves with lucky eggs every time I have 70 evolves available.

You spent a shitload of dust on your Eeveelution Army. I've also hatched 261 eggs which gives a fair amount of dust. Plus, sitting on quad-lure zones gives a lot of dust when pokemon are spawning faster than you can catch them, those 100 per pokemon add up fairly quickly.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've only ever powered up 3 Eons, and 2 of them I stopped in the mid 20s, and I've hatched 245 eggs. I've wasted bits of dust here and there but 400k dust is fucking ridiculous. I've got 5 maxed pokemon, a couple in the upper 20s but still ~20-30k dust from being maxed, and I've got not quite 40k dust banked.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've only ever powered up 3 Eons, and 2 of them I stopped in the mid 20s, and I've hatched 245 eggs. I've wasted bits of dust here and there but 400k dust is fucking ridiculous. I've got 5 maxed pokemon, a couple in the upper 20s but still ~20-30k dust from being maxed, and I've got not quite 40k dust banked.

How many pokemon have you caught? I've caught about 4000.

Also the vast majority of my eggs hatched were 5km eggs. I might have a higher average-km egg hatch ratio than you.

Also, I've never wasted any dust, ever, on a pokemon I didn't max, and I've only ever maxed pokemon that started at level 20.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just shy of 6k caught. I guess I've wasted more random dust than I thought, wish there was a way to tell exactly which pokemon you've spent dust on, aside from plugging them into a calculator one by one and figuring out which ones are at a half level.

Only other thing I can think of is my extremely high rate of capture bonuses, but you said you get a lot of capture bonuses too.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just shy of 6k caught. I guess I've wasted more random dust than I thought, wish there was a way to tell exactly which pokemon you've spent dust on, aside from plugging them into a calculator one by one and figuring out which ones are at a half level.

You're also a higher level than me, so those pokemon you've maxed have sucked up more dust. But yeah, sounds like you've just hemorrhaged dust here and there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well shit. We're about the same for gym dust and when you subtract your extra eggs from my extra captured pokemon, I should have earned ~150k more dust than you. I'll go through my pokemon again later today, hopefully most of that dust is tied up in pokemon that I just stopped powering up like my vileplume.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Better than wasting a bunch of ultra balls/berries on a high level 2nd/3rd stage pokemon only to find out it has shit IVs.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If It makes you feel better I just wasted a bunch of candy and dust leveling up a Golem because it kept swapping between my two Golems as their CP overlapped and I didn't notice. Couldn't even get the one I wanted to level to max. Fuck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually that does make me feel better. Schadenfreude hoooooo!

Also had an 82% Chansey spawn in my back yard last night. Only lvl 19, and not like I'd ever spend the dust to level one up, but I thought it was kinda funny that it actually had decent IVs.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's official. Word is September 5th.

Niantic Labs - Pokémon GO

2016. 9. 2
Go out and explore with your Buddy Pokémon!
Hi everyone,

It’s been a busy summer and, in addition to battling bots and fixing bugs, we’ve also been busy working on some new features for our Pokémon GO Trainers. As you know, we recently released the new Pokémon Appraisal feature, which helps Trainers identify which Pokémon has the most potential for battle. Today we wanted to let you know about a new feature for the game that is just around the corner.

The next addition to Pokémon GO will be Buddy Pokémon. You will be able to pick your favorite Pokémon from your collection to become your buddy, opening up unique in-game rewards and experiences. Buddy Pokémon will appear alongside your Trainer avatar on your profile screen, adding helpful bonuses such as awarding Candy for walking together. You’ll also have the ability to change your Buddy Pokémon at any time.

We’ve got a lot more in the works this fall. Stay tuned here for all the details.

Thanks,
The Pokémon GO Development Team

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh god I hope it doesn't drop candy on the ground that you have to pick up, or if it does they trigger a vibration like pokemon spawns do. Rustles my jimmies something fierce that there isn't a vibration when an egg is ready to hatch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Great feature. Not only does it help make your starter pokemon really useful like in the games, but also encourages "Go"ing, which is a motivation sorely lacking for a lot of serious players.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh god I hope it doesn't drop candy on the ground that you have to pick up, or if it does they trigger a vibration like pokemon spawns do. Rustles my jimmies something fierce that there isn't a vibration when an egg is ready to hatch.
What? My phone always vibrates when the "Oh?" message pops up.