Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
After my 5th ball, I two handed my phone, usedy index finger and made sure I swiped straight. Still curves and misses.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like it does that more often when you are trying to catch something harder, like higher CP and/or yellow or orange ring.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
tl;dr Nox android emulator is incredibly easy if you want to GPS spoof and don't want to go through all those steps for Bluestacks.

I did have a bunch typed out explaining why I tried out an emulator with GPS spoofing, but no one really cares, and whether I've justified it in my head or not, none of you give a shit and the people that think I'm a cheater will think that no matter what. I will say that I doubt I'll be very competitive in this game no matter what, because I'm not motivated enough (cheating or not), but whatever.

Anyway, instead of doing all that crap with Bluestacks, if you can use the Nox android emulator, it already has built in location settings right out of the box, no rooting, no adding other programs, nothing. I didn't watch that video far enough to see how the GPS spoofing worked in their method, but this one literally pulls up a Google maps view and lets you click (or type in a search to get you close) where you want to be and then select to move the GPS there. It is so easy that if you were so inclined you could keep clicking and moving it a little bit at a time to simulate walking around even.

This now allows me to sit at work where I'm literally in a Pokemon wasteland, and instead pretend I'm sitting at the park 2 miles away and collecting Pokestop rewards. I still plan to walk during lunch and somewhat after work (my neighborhood isn't conducive to a lot of walking around not paying attention to your surroundings though), but at least now I'll have all the Pokeballs I need instead of running out because there isn't shit near me.

Also, if you have a zoo nearby, they seem to be incredible, as everyone probably already surmised. The Sacramento Zoo has a shitload of Pokestops within a minute or two walking distance of each other, and tons of spawn points, including water spawns. Of course, you have to pay to get into the zoo, so that's probably not a great long term plan, but if I had a kid it would be a great weekend trip. And you get to see real animals!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know about Sacramento but the Columbus zoo for a season pass is highly affordable. My wife and I get one every year and only go maybe 4 times.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Tried nox and it said my device wasn't compatible with this version of the go app.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried nox and it said my device wasn't compatible with this version of the go app.
Did this to me as well for the new Final Fantasy game, but worked if you just found the .apk online somewhere, and loaded it up that way.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like maybe they implemented a change/fix for gps spoofing (or at least made it less straight forward). Since there's nothing remotely near where I work or live, I was using it on bluestacks yesterday about 2.5 miles from my work. I just picked a spot that was smack dab in the middle of 3 pokestops that just so happened to be lured all day. Yesterday it was great, caught a bunch of stuff, kept near full on inventory (I even started trashing revives and such because I was getting so many pokeballs/potions that I thought were more useful). Anyway, today it doesn't seem to work. I went to the same spot, collected the 3 pokestops and that was it. I left bluestacks running in the background and went to check every 15 minutes or so like I did yesterday, but the pokestops never reset. Waited around 2 hours in total and they did not reset the entire time. I moved my spoofed location about 2 blocks down the street and collected another pokestop and waited there for ~20 minutes, it never reset either. However, the original 3 stops did reset after I was away from them for a while. Maybe they implemented a change that stops you from just camping at pokestops and requires you to move out of range? Also gps spoofing short range movements was upping my egg walking counter yesterday and it is not today, so that seems like another change. Maybe it's just me, anyone seeing the same thing?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've given it more of a chance and figured some things out... I'm in a rural area but there is a preschool, elem school and post office which are Pokestops.. so that's 3 I've found in my area, and they are nowhere close to where I live and they are nowhere close to each other either but I can do a quick drive-by at 1-2 of them during work commute. Also figured out that evolving is a good way to gain xp and transferring pokemon will get you more candies to be able to evolve things. I'll probably just casually play it when walking the dog lol.
rrr_img_136682.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrm, I can't actually get pokemon to see GPS at all using Nox, there something special you had to do to get this working? I've clicked all the buttons in the little gps menu but the app never sees any GPS signal regardless of location.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Some people 'cheat' to see how it all works and are the ones giving out the information on how it all works.

Things like APK tear downs show us whether legendaries are in game. GPS hacks can show us better info on the footprint triangulation.

I will play around with it myself for a few minutes this weekend to see what will work but not on a regular basis.
All that was figured out without GPS spoofing. /r/TheSilphRoad made an app to record a ton of readings while playing and analyzed it. Knowing whether or not legendaries are in-game has no bearing on anything, doesn't change how you or anyone will play, and is a flimsy excuse to hack something. Enjoy your cheating tho.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Decided to take advantage of a day off (had to meet plumber) and took my wife and toddler downtown Ann Arbor to roll deep in pokestops, which I need to collect to build up enough great balls to catch pokemon at higher levels.

Half hour through trip, kid is inconsolably crying. Wife's pokemon app is constantly broken (same phone / service as me, Nexus5x, T-Mobile, but her pogo breaks more often than mine). Had to go home, barely got any pokestops =\

We went to the nearby mall. It has a level 10 gym (highest I've seen, 8 pokemon in it?) and one pokestop. Almost no pokemon in the mall though. I was a bit surprised by that. I wonder if that'll change in the winter time where the only place to really walk around is in the mall.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All that was figured out without GPS spoofing. /r/TheSilphRoad made an app to record a ton of readings while playing and analyzed it. Knowing whether or not legendaries are in-game has no bearing on anything, doesn't change how you or anyone will play, and is a flimsy excuse to hack something. Enjoy your cheating tho.
I think this is too aggressive. People who cheat either by driving/gps spoofing are only really deserving of shame if:
1. They build up super tough pokemon via cheating then roll over gyms.
2. They're not enjoying it and quit the game when they might have enjoyed it otherwise.

Personally I'm not sure what my game operation will be in a week or so. I got the game because I could play it while being with my toddler, but I live in a pretty sparse neighborhood with one pokestop. Even if I walked/jogged a small 5 minute circuit I'm going to run out of pokeballs, and I can't easily go to a dense area with my toddler for the reasons stated above.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
tl;dr Nox android emulator is incredibly easy if you want to GPS spoof and don't want to go through all those steps for Bluestacks.

!
I can't get the game to load, it just says "gps signal not found"

I used "virtual location" from the sidebar and selected my location, still nothing

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You mentioned increase of Pokemon in winter but I don't think it computes anywhere on the fly. I think that they compute all that a while in advance.