Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Pretty sure as soon as you place a Pok?mon at a gym you can get the 10coins, unless timing alignment for me has been extremely lucky

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not saying I'm gonna go out and hold 10 gyms at a time, just wanted to understand the mechanics b/c I like theory crafting these things.

The other thing that makes holding multiple gyms tough is that when you set your Pokemon to defend a gym, you can't use them to take out other gyms. So you really need to have a wide variety of strong Pokemon to hold multiple gyms.

I live in a city where the gyms leaders are 1200+ CP Pokemon, no way I'm holding multiple gyms. But near work in the suburbs there's a single gym that I can grab pretty easily. Seems to me that if you can drive elsewhere (with a group ideally) and grab multiple gyms where people aren't power users, you could potentially hold gyms for longer.
Yeah I did the same thing wrt gyms which are the only way to earn pokebucks.

The theory crafting I did is that you have to get your group of people, then blitz through as many gyms as you can in a circuit then collect the rewards. Maybe you can peak at ~5 gyms before you run out of gyms. Congrats, you've earned 50 cents worth of pokebucks, lol. This is an especially bad system right now because gyms bug out frequently.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure as soon as you place a Pok?mon at a gym you can get the 10coins, unless timing alignment for me has been extremely lucky
You can claim it immediately assuming you haven't claimed the reward within the last 24 hours or whatever the timer is. The timer is global so if you capture one gym, claim, and then capture another gym right after, you cannot claim the reward for that gym until the timer is up.

How does the collection shield cooldown work? I missed the opportunity to test it the last couple of days, but I suspect you can "save" the collection from gyms and just power through gyms and then collect.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not yet out in Norway (out this week I think), but hopefully they'll have patched the security issues by then too.

You Should Probably Check Your Pokmon Go Privacy Settings - BuzzFeed News

IOS player (while they say Google hasn't accessed it) who used google to sign in automatically defaulted to granting the program full access.

According to the Pok?mon Go privacy policy, Niantic may collect ? among other things ? your email address, IP address, the web page you were using before logging into Pok?mon Go, your username, and your location. And if you use your Google account for sign-in and use an iOS device, unless you specifically revoke it, Niantic has access to your entire Google account. That means Niantic could have read and write access to your email, Google Drive docs, and more. (It also means that if the Niantic servers are hacked, whoever hacked the servers would potentially have access to your entire Google account. And you can bet the game?s extreme popularity has made it a target for hackers. Given the number of children playing the game, that?s a scary thought.) You can check what kind of access Niantic has to your Google account here.

It also may share this information with other parties, including the Pok?mon Company that co-developed the game, ?third-party service providers,? and ?third parties? to conduct ?research and analysis, demographic profiling, and other similar purposes.? It also, per the policy, may share any information it collects with law enforcement in response to a legal claim, to protect its own interests, or stop ?illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.?
However, in a statement to Gizmodo Monday night, Niantic said they started working on a fix and verified with Google that nothing beyond basic profile information had been accessed.

We recently discovered that the Pok?mon GO account creation process on iOS erroneously requests full access permission for the user?s Google account. However, Pok?mon GO only accesses basic Google profile information (specifically, your User ID and email address) and no other Google account information is or has been accessed or collected.

Once we became aware of this error, we began working on a client-side fix to request permission for only basic Google profile information, in line with the data that we actually access. Google has verified that no other information has been received or accessed by Pok?mon GO or Niantic.

Google will soon reduce Pok?mon GO?s permission to only the basic profile data that Pok?mon GO needs, and users do not need to take any actions themselves.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Counted 60 people sat between 4 overlapping pokestops in Manchester UK. Not including those walking around. Can see other lures and gym battles thought the city.

That spot was notorious for drug deals, saw one dealer visibly upset as he left, asking why everyone was playing pokemon.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
It really sucks that the most efficient use of stardust is to just not use it until you are really high rank and can catch high cp pokemon already. Leveling pokemon before rank 20 looks to be a complete waste.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you plan to attack gyms, you could use some on 1-stage pokemon. Having one dude that's really solid can be handy for leveling friendly gyms to slide in your garbage or whatever to grab the free pleb coins.

I wouldn't waste candy on anything that can evolve, however, since you get actual xp from evolutions so you want to do that as much as you can. Even if it's just chain evolving shitters into still-shitters you do it. I assume once they add trading and battling that'll obviously change.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
where my kids are having summer camp in my city
3 gyms and 2 or 3 pokestops...

while taking them to camp or martial arts class
there is a gym @ a historic crypt

dad, there is apokestop to the right slow down
dad oo i got a pigeo or a squirtle or a insert name

seeing WAY more kids in groups walking around the town looking at their phones.,.. walking traffic is up ~300% or so.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not yet out in Norway (out this week I think), but hopefully they'll have patched the security issues by then too.

You Should Probably Check Your Pokmon Go Privacy Settings - BuzzFeed News

IOS player (while they say Google hasn't accessed it) who used google to sign in automatically defaulted to granting the program full access.
Weird, the only app that actually had any access to my Google account was Pocket Mortys. I guess on Android shit is locked tight, and even Pok?mon doesn't actually have access.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Niantic said they don't access anything other than your email address and that they'd be updating the iOS app to not request full permissions on anything. Android app has never requested full permission from anything. It's a non issue and not worthy of discussion.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Niantic said they don't access anything other than your email address and that they'd be updating the iOS app to not request full permissions on anything. Android app has never requested full permission from anything. It's a non issue and not worthy of discussion.
I just got an update on iOS to 1.01 that said it fixed the Google permissions so even more of a non issue.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Koffing the poison gas Pokemon 'found at Holocaust Museum' on new Pokemon game | Metro News

CnHM-ieWgAAFFz5.jpg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Counted 60 people sat between 4 overlapping pokestops in Manchester UK. Not including those walking around. Can see other lures and gym battles thought the city.

That spot was notorious for drug deals, saw one dealer visibly upset as he left, asking why everyone was playing pokemon.
Check out Jimmy McNulty over here

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The pokestop idea is kind of annoying if you don't live in/work in a biggish city. I was basically gasping for poke balls, not really catching anything unless it was a new type because I was so low on balls for like 3 days. Today I had to go into downtown for a meeting and had 150+ in less than 30 minutes.

Game is kind of shallow right now, needs trading and non gym battles for it to be any good. The battles themselves are also shallow compared to the regular pokemon games. Still...kind of entertaining to move around and catch stuff, definitely seems to have encouraged people to go outdoors. Whoever came up with that meme that pokemon had done more to battle childhood obesity in 24 hours than Michelle Obama had in 8 years was right, who knows what kind of longevity it will have with the relative lack of content currently available though.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Just burned 12 Great Balls and 8 raspberries to catch 821 Victerbell. 1st world problems.