Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I guess it released in Canada today, which might explain the servers being down most of the day.
13689748_10154171722366539_733916495_n.png

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yep. Winter is coming. I wonder if they'll have limited gameplay added for stationary use.
If the game lasts till winter I will be amazed, unless they change something with the game I don't see the craze lasting much longer than a month.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If the game lasts till winter I will be amazed, unless they change something with the game I don't see the craze lasting much longer than a month.
47 million people trying to log on today, I'm sure in 4-6 weeks the game will be a complete ghost town. If I was one of the only three people left playing it in the country, I'd still be going on a walk at least once a day for the exercise. Besides, all they've released so far are the 151 generation 1 Pokemon. There are currently 721 Pokemon spread across 6 generations, with the 7th generation being released at the end of this year. The craze will die down a bit, but just having time already invested in the game will keep a lot of people playing at least a little bit.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Servers came up for me. Blastoise was sitting right in my house. Took the dog for a walk and there was an Aerodactyl a block away. Caught both with one ultra ball each!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The amount of info here is ridiculous. Incense effectiveness: 1 pokemon spawn every 5 min while stationary or every 1 min/200 meters while moving.
Unless the server issues were completely fucking me, this isn't accurate at all.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Unless the server issues were completely fucking me, this isn't accurate at all.
standing still numbers are spot on. moving you get more, no doubt. reason it's not one every min/200m is server lag. anytime you get the spinning icon in top left, it's not counting your movements.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've found that if you're constantly getting the spinning icon you can click a nearby gym to resync your client. It'll take a second to load, then back out and it should start counting your progress again. I started doing this during my walks, and it has significantly reduced the number of issues I was having with tracking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've found that if you're constantly getting the spinning icon you can click a nearby gym to resync your client. It'll take a second to load, then back out and it should start counting your progress again. I started doing this during my walks, and it has significantly reduced the number of issues I was having with tracking.
Interesting. I wonder if this "cleans" your system like restarting the app does.

I had near-flawless performance today. Went to a park that was chock full of pokestops. One area had 6 nearby, 4 of which could be reached at one time. Was about 50 people all sitting there catching pokemon. I hope they nerf that gameplay. It's fun for a few hours because you're earning so much, but it's a boring grinding mechanic that devalues the hard-earned gameplay of hunting down pokemon in the wild. Problem is, lures are the game's cash cow, and nerfing lure-camping would plummet profits.

BTW: 47 million people is amazing. That beats WoW's peak by like 10x or something.

fris

Vyemm Raider
are lures the main use of coin? All those people sitting around only 1 per stop. everyone else is getting free access to extra pokemons. if anything, they should promote more individual use items.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
are lures the main use of coin? All those people sitting around only 1 per stop. everyone else is getting free access to extra pokemons. if anything, they should promote more individual use items.
My guess is yes. I can see people also buying incubators too.