Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Neph_sl

shitlord
You're 'supposed' to either wander around hunting them, or run a 60 minute or higher circuit.

However, the spawn time decreases to closer to 5 minutes if you lure a stop. Find 4 stops you can hit and you'll probably find other people who collectively lure it. Right now that's the best way to level in this game and it's a big problem, IMO, since it's super boring.
Lure camping is definitely super boring and while efficient just isn't fun unless you happen to be eating a meal there.

Similarly, taking down an established gym will net you some decent xp, but really isn't fun either.

After playing for almost two weeks now, my favorite part is the core gameplay of going to new places and seeing what Pokemon are there. I saturated on my neighborhood Pokemon fairly quickly.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
After playing for almost two weeks now, my favorite part is the core gameplay of going to new places and seeing what Pokemon are there. I saturated on my neighborhood Pokemon fairly quickly.
Definitely agree with this. They need to make stronger incentives to move around and try new areas. Make it more like a fitbit or other step tracker that runs in the background.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What I mean about these maphacks is that they get you the current spawns for the next ~15 minutes, but they don't tell you where busy areas or common spawns are. It'd be great to track the data over time to get an idea of where things really are. Was a bit of an arse to get wifi at a coffee shop to load it on my laptop then have to walk as fast as possible to get to that Porygorn despawning in 2 minutes time I didn't get, then trudge back to coffee shop.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Leave it running on a home computer and load the shared URL on a phone?
Yeah I set that up but the map stopped refreshing after 15-20 minutes and it was a nightmare to reset via a phone interface, so it seemed easier to carry a computer with me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think the not updating part is just tied to servers being shit atm. I haven't even been able to load the game for the past 3 hours.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lure camping is definitely super boring and while efficient just isn't fun unless you happen to be eating a meal there.

Similarly, taking down an established gym will net you some decent xp, but really isn't fun either.

There is a park about three blocks from my apartment that my roommate and I take his dog to. Multiple nodes spread out across about a half mile of young mothers, runners and neckbeards all playing Pokeman. Camping this spot is definitely boring. You get tons of the same Pokemans. So I started playing by the little park that my apartment complex owns, and I start getting tons of different types of pokemans. Now we have transients walking through our gated parking space and kids derping it up in our park.

I'm too young to tell them to get off of my lawn.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
is there no way to change the first pokemon that comes out when you attack a gym ? it takes a min to swap to a good counter and my dude usually takes a bunch of hits for no reason

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I dont know why they keep releasing this shit in new countries when it can't even stay up for 24 hours under current load.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Doesn't help anyone though if no one can connect to the damn game. No purchases for them and no pokemon for us.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So there any Pokemon you avoid going after? I avoid Zubats like the plague, end up wasting way more Pokeballs than it's worth to catch the little faggots
I no longer bother with t2 or t3 Pidgeys. Worthless and eat balls like they are going out of style.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I typically skip any 2nd or 3rd evolved forms that pop up on the map unless they're either extremely rare or I don't have them yet. When you get the same experience for catching a 10cp pidgey as you do a 450cp pidgeot, there's not much point in wasting 20 balls on the latter. Especially when all you wanna do is toss the pokemon in a blender for a candy anyway.

Is Pok?mon GO down or not?- 13.5% uptime last 4 hours.