Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you actually read the NOX thread you linked that shows pretty clearly that the OP has no idea what he's talking about and that you can play with NOX just fine?

Holy shit you're fucking retarded.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Clicked to last page and this was the first post I landed on.

There's really no need to debate this.

I didn't spoof on my phone, but I used NOX.

I got banned this morning.

Woke up, logged in and got "Failed to retrieve game data from server". Never botted, only spoofed in my city. I just had been spoofing ALOT since last Monday, and spoofed last night.

Good luck everyone else.

I also made sure to get my device come up as Samsung G5 on whoer.net.

I believe it may have also been because I signed in this morning and the device ID was set to default, I forgot to use Device ID Changer.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You linked a thread with a couple people claiming they got banned for nothing but NOX use, but even more people saying NOX still works fine. You choose to ignore the fact that people who get banned are notorious for lying about what they actually did to get banned.

So you're right, there's really no need to debate the fact that you're a moron who refuses to accept that he probably only got caught cheating because he's a moron.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You linked a thread with a couple people claiming they got banned for nothing but NOX use, but even more people saying NOX still works fine.

Nox the app still works fine, you can play Pokemon Go on it.

The issue is that you will get banned by Niantic sooner rather than later.

The people that have Snorlax in your town are not cheating. So don't start making excuses for them having what you do not.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's ok bro, we already know that you're a moron who refuses to accept that he probably only got caught cheating because he's a moron. You don't have to keep bringing it up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
LOL, this kid is really butthurt.

This is the literal equivalent of blaming everyone that ran faster than you in the Olympics of taking steroids, except the IOC can almost insta-detect and ban anyone that even smells a steroid.

Accept it and move the fuck on.
Gavin has a dream team of wrecking ball pokemon. He's not butthurt because he has to beat the shit out of someone who may or may not be cheating.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Except the chances of the guy with the snorlax cheating are slim to none, I'm not the only one in the thread that has told him this

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hey there's no way that someone in a small university town of 100k could hatch 10k eggs!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
False, chances of people cheating are still astronomical and you're full of shit.

People can still cheat, yes.

Can people still cheat undetected, no.

I really don't need to keep sustaining this stupid argument.

The whole thing boils down to "this guy has a pokemon that I don't, impossible HE MUST BE CHEATING"

And

"Only shitty pokemon spawn in our small town, I never leave the town and therefore never see rare pokemon. THEREFORE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE ELSE TO LEAVE THE TOWN AND CATCH RARE POKEMON. THEY MUST BE CHEATING"

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
He's lying. Nobody gets banned just for using pokeadvisor stuff.
I'm not talking pokeadvisor, I'm talking about a java app that trashes your 80 pokemons below 70% IV in less than 2s.

(Although I think that, if you did use Pokeadvisor today, you would probably risk a ban).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People are talking about getting banned from pretty much any third party access. It's very easy for them to tell when that happens. Less easy (impossible if done right) for them to tell when you're packet sniffing through a VPN, which can get you solid IV numbers.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just use GoIV. No API pulls necessary. Caps from screen. Gives good results.

Also
MGLwmRC.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey there's no way that someone in a small university town of 100k could hatch 10k eggs!

I already said that them spending tons of cash on incubators was a possibility, but I also broke down exactly how much candy it would take to power three snorlaxes up that far which is why cheating seems far more likely. Despite Ossoi's ignorant crying to the contrary, it's super easy to cheat and get away with it.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I was driving into work yesterday and had a snorlax pop on me (yes I play and drive - sue me). Clicked on him, it did the slight lag move and he disappeared. I was sad panda.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
(yes I play and drive - sue me)

Literally worse than Hitler.

So I decided not to use pgnexus anymore. I mean I assume that all the people who claim they got banned for nothing more than using an IV checker are lying, but at this point if there's anything higher than a 0% chance of getting banned, the convenience is no longer worth the risk. The appraisal feature is good enough to tell me whether I should immediately transfer a pokemon or keep it til I get back home and manually check the IVs, which saves me most of the time that pgnexus was saving me anyway. So unless Niantic flat out says stuff like pgnexus is kosher (which we know they won't), I'm done with them.

*edit*

Actually, once you learn the appraisal phrases, you can usually get exact IV values with the simple calculator on pokeassistant without having to fiddle with the level arc on silph road.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I enjoy the new appraisal system. It gives a nice immediate 'don't leave the app' should I keep this? Yes / No. Only two problems so far, the first being I now have a 177cp Horsea I can't transfer because it is 97%. I wouldn't have found it otherwise and would have immediately denched it.

The other is I have an allegedly 87% Bellsprout per goiv, but it is coming in as 'caught my attention.' / 'I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say.'

So now I have to determine which I trust more when they differ. Overall, I haven't had another mismatch problem like this so far.