Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know anyone else with the games, so really not worried about the PVP. I'll just level up the ones I like and go from there then. Thanks.

Pokemon games aren't really designed to be difficult at all. They're made to play them basically however you want. Use whatever Pokemon you end up liking and go to town for the main game. If you find it too easy, there's usually lots of endgame stuff you can try out or you can pick out a Nuzlocke run to replay or just come up with your own rules to make it harder. The Black/White gen is definitely one of the better ones I'd say. Have fun!

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Game is still at a high saturation rate in my area. Can't know for sure if its new players cycling in or the same ones. Almost a month in for US right?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My usual quad lure in the park today was already quad lured at 11am.

In fact I've seen lures in some more unusual lures placed yesterday as well

Game is still going strong.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I took my sons to the park today. It was already in the high 90's as we arrived. I could not believe the amount of people walking around the small lake playing this game. Easily 15 to 20 that I would see.

I wasn't shocked when I saw some fatties playing this and walking. But seeing packs of 3 and 4 kids each with a phone walking all over...not paying attention. Waiting for some Pokemon go related kidnappings.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Every spot that had a lure the first week of the game still has a lure today.

Actually took some friends to that park I posted about earlier this morning and at 11am on a saturday with maybe a quarter of the people that i see during the evenings they had 8 lures for over 3 hours.

People are complaining about the game and rightfully so but the game is still fun as fuck just with catching new Pokemon.

I have a co-worker who is getting burnt out because he does not want to "travel" to catch pokemon so now that he has caught all the common shit at home/work he is done. I'm sure a lot of people are going to be like that as well, We are having a Thunderstorm right now when it passes I'm going to South Philly Ikea to find some magnemites to evolve.

Still having fun.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would be a lot of fun to travel to catch specific pokemon, but you really have no idea where to travel to unless you just want to revisit areas with high amounts of lures or a high number of pokestops.

Ex: I'd love to travel to a different city if I knew there was an abra farm there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Would be a lot of fun to travel to catch specific pokemon, but you really have no idea where to travel to unless you just want to revisit areas with high amounts of lures or a high number of pokestops.

Ex: I'd love to travel to a different city if I knew there was an abra farm there.

Yeah thats why I loved Pokevision, I would randomly select nearby areas and check to see what they had. I mostly troll the Pokemon Go facebook groups and see what people are posting. I'm heading up to this place in NJ that is apparently spawning Snorlax pretty commonly and someone caught an Allakhazam there yesterday.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Went to the FDR memorial in DC today. I kept hearing it was a popular spot, and it definitely was packed today, even in shit heat and humidity. 8+ lures going at all times, hundreds of people playing. Even the on duty park ranger was walking around playing.

Not sure if it was just from teamwork/communication or a pokevision type map, but people would run from one end of the park to the other to go catch something. At one point someone started yelling about a Lapras with 12min left over at the MLK memorial, caused a huge stampede to run over and catch it. good times all around.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I walked through the imperial gardens today after work. Hot as balls. They have a breadcrumb trail of pokestops in there that go around in a circle inside, obviously a path you are supposed to follow carefully crafted. The actual imperial residence is a pokemon deadzone, but the gardens to the east of it were chock full of pokemon, picked up a few I didn't have.

Also picked up a couple dozen magikarp. I was hoping the Emperor's own magikarp might be strong but the same garbage as always. I'm still waiting for a 90+ one to become a mighty Gyarados. I have over 600 candy now.

My 10km egg from the walk hatched into an Onix. Fuck that. Holy shit is Onix a crappy pokemon, even at 91%.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
pras, android emulator

z583Zar.png

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok so, bit of story time.

I was pretty disappointed heading through the Imperial Gardens today with both the quantity and quality of the pokemon I got. I had the rest of the day spare after work in the morning so I decided to head to a regular haunt, Ueno Park, to do a little strolling and catching.

I decide to walk there (about 25m) rather than take the train. This proved to be fortuitous. As I approved the south part of Ueno park I noticed that the lake to the south of it had too many people. Like, way too many people. The place was packed. I was wandering in myself. When all of a sudden dozens of people started running past me. First thing I thought was "Where's the fire?" but I followed along and eventually saw what they had been coming for. A dratini. They turned the most popular pokemon haunt in Tokyo into a Dratini nest. Oh god.

arHJhUh.jpg

96485047-463e-4bf2-91f5-79cb729edb3d

This gives a sort of idea. The Lake is a circle, and there's a ring of about 30 pokestops around it. All were lured, all night. That picture has about half the lake. There's also a walkway through the middle of it. Total walk for one rotation is about 2km. There were also a bunch of stands selling Japanese street food, beer, cold water, shaved ice, all the way along the path.

This was the result of a few hours of farming.

kBI759Z.jpg

I actually had to buy a pokemon space upgrade to keep going.

The real prize though.

X8Zo8un.jpg

I caught over a hundred magikarp, so these guys will be becoming Gyarados

iSYO3dG.jpg

Back at home now to recover a bit before I head out again.

Last edited: