Pole Barn / Outbuilding / Machine Shed / Man-Cave / Workshops

Goatface

Matthew Cremona (the woodworker) has been building a 40x72 post building for about a month, it is up to 16 parts now
playlist
his building is pretty much done, he says before the breakdown, $170k, then lists about another $20k to go, then at the end will probably be over $200k.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Alright, I'll put myself out there a little bit. Cribs, rural AR style. This is a 60x40 that the previous owner built. 14' side walls, 18' peak. He ran a business out of it for a decade or more. It's not a perfect setup for how I'll use it, but nothing is ever really perfect. These pictures will hopefully give you all ideas what you can do with your spaces. The next thing I'm doing is getting a batting cage in here. The open area is roughly 42' and change lengthwise, and the "loft area" makes up the rest of the length of the building. Storage underneath, with a handy nook for scrap lumber.

The front office had a large wall mount A/C that was busted. I had a left over window mount A/C, so I pulled it, sheet rocked the opening, and simply covered up the opening on the exterior.

View attachment 370887

View attachment 370891View attachment 370890View attachment 370892View attachment 370889View attachment 370893View attachment 370894
A friend of mine who is a former Marine got a job offer to work from home a few years ago through his previous connections. He told them he can't take the offer because his wife and kids would drive him crazy. They offered to build him a smallish barn/office in his backyard kinda like this and he took it.

Goatface

matt from diesel creek is still working on his dream garage, in jan will be 2 years since started, after he says about 10 years of planning. he does have a playlist for it, but it doesn't have stuff like running the power lines. he spent $15k on 2200' of conduit, not counting his labor/machine time, then priced out the wire at around another $15-20k, but where he is at, not allowed to do it so had to pay $52k for the power company to do it.

-
another youtuber, says he had to paid in full when they delivered his kit, but they only brought the skeleton and it has been just sitting for a couple of months. when he asked where the rest of it was, they said, they thought he didn't have any place to store it. then said, it some of it was back ordered and there were other people ahead of him on the wait list.