Pope Benedict XVI resigns

spronk

FPS noob
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Pope Benedict resigns due to "health reasons", will stay on until end of the month at which point a new Vatican Conclave will be called to elect a new pope. Its been over 600 years since a Pope has resigned, and wikipedia says its only happened twice in the history of the church.

Mega scandal inc?

Will the next Pope be black?

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Benedict has been a minor disaster for the Catholic Church. Maybe they will go with a developing world Pope this time, but definitely still relatively old so they don't stay around for more than a decade.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
How has he been a disaster? I don't really keep up with pope stuff.
He began with statements that pissed off the Islamic world, he alienated women with hard core anti-abortion messages, and has been involved in ongoing investigations into the Church and its business dealings. There's a book out that I forget the name of that details some of the problems but the long and the short of it is that he brought the church to the right and has been steadily losing influence in the first world for the Church and as such he has been criticized by more progressive forces in the faith.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Awesome prophecy. I wonder how the destruction of Rome will figure into the euro financial crisis.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
JP II was a Lion compared to Benedict, Benedict could never shake the photos of him in Hitler youth uniforms or his close resemblance to emperor palpatine.

I've read of the saint Malachy predictions for decades now, It would be nice if the list of 111 symbols for the popes didn't find matches in reality.

the apocalypse also means "revelation" btw, there's a considerable amount of thought that the Apocalypse will be fought in every persons mind, as what we classicaly think of evil reveals itself to the public.

I must say as global banking institutions start operating openly as lawless monolithic spectres that have no moral compass, parallels could be drawn.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awesome prophecy. I wonder how the destruction of Rome will figure into the euro financial crisis.
^

Seeing how the Italians will probably elect Berlusconi back into office, the destruction of Rome is ever more likely.

Benedict could never shake the photos of him in Hitler youth uniforms
Curious, did anyone really ever care about these?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Pope Benedict resigns due to "health reasons", will stay on until end of the month at which point a new Vatican Conclave will be called to elect a new pope. Its been over 600 years since a Pope has resigned, and wikipedia says its only happened twice in the history of the church.

Mega scandal inc?

Will the next Pope be black?
I doubt there will be a scandal. JPII slowly deteriorated in a public setting and Benedict XVI stated that a pope has an obligation to resign if he becomes mentally, spiritually or physically frail.

Here's hoping they elect a leftist pope next!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Is there any conspiracy theory you don't believe in?
I don't believe in anything. I don't dismiss anything.

All I said was I'd like to know what a little girl told the pope, they are the ones who think it's earth shattering important. You are the one who prescribes that anything unknown and has a question asked about it is a "conspiracy theory" which is funny in of itself. The notion that conspiracies do not and can not exist which is laughable at best.