Post your (minor) frustrations at work

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Post your (minor) frustrations at work here.

Here is mine:

Today I had to interview someone regarding the purchase of consultancy services. While I thought their proposal was far better then that of the competition, the department involved did not seem to understand the value in their proposal and is likely to go for an alternative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
We are a supplier to the construction industry, so the majority of the people here are old school "pen and paper" people. Still, we transitioned over years ago to doing a lot of stuff on computers, and have a server for really basic shit (fileserver and serving a few programs, including the accounting software). Despite it being basic shit, it is critically important to our company, and if we lost all of that it would be a huge blow to the company that would take a long time to recover from.

Last year we bought a new server, as the last one was going on 10 years and was getting more and more difficult to troubleshoot, even by "pros." I'm the only one here that even begins to know anything about computers, much less a server. I managed to keep that one going, plus the 15 or so desktops, but I'm always telling them that I'm out of my league if anything major happens. Note: I don't get paid a dime extra for anything computer related, although you could argue that maybe I still have my main job because they need me for the computer shit. I would argue against that, but who knows.

Anyway, countless companies have engaged us over the years (many repeatedly) to hire them for routine monitoring and maintenance of at least our server, as we're mostly fine if someone's desktop were to explode (although I'm endlessly battling with them over trying to explain how something on their desktop is not on the server, and thus not "backed up"). The argument initially was that it was too costly, wanting anywhere from $300/month and up, depending upon what gets covered. That argument has morphed into "well the last one was fine for 10 years without it, and this one is new, so we should be good for another 10!" So I've given up campaigning for it.

I've known that we pay a service to rotate out the floor mats in the building (of which there are less than 10) on a monthly cycle. No big deal, right? Floor mats don't cost all that much to just outright buy, but whatevs if they want new ones every month and don't want the cleaning service we pay to run a vacuum over them quickly, right?

I just found out it is almost $300 a fucking month to get new mats every month. THREE HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS! We could buy new ones every 2-3 months for that cost. But most frustrating is that the fucking floor mats are apparently more important than monitoring the server that literally houses everything we consider important in the company.

Maybe this should have gone in the rustled jimmies thread, cuz now I'm super-rustled.

• 2Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can be nice to clients or I can be nice to coworkers, but both? FFS, do these people think nice grows on trees?

Clients are paying hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars for me to be nice to them. Coworkers and subordinates are being paid to take abuse. That's just math.

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No accountability for shitbags and fuckups. It’s always framed as good workers fault for not fixing the dumb persons fuckups/laziness. So shitbags never get in trouble and good workers always getting beat up. It’s so backwards.

Arbitrary diversity quotas and arbitrary diversity % increase goals.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just found out the other person with the same job title as me, who is less capable, has zero initiative, and has 1/3 the responsibilities as me... gets paid more. Went to my manager when I found this out, and essentially got brushed off. Guess who's keeping an eye out for a new job? i'm beyond pissed.

• 3Rustled
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Almost everyone here is smart enough to know that doing your job and staying busy is enough. One Physicist however is constantly trying to pawn his work off on others. It's tiresome and even though I could do it I'd be making a mistake giving in even once. We all know where that leads. I've worked with some batshit crazy Physicists and I having this type of issue is a blessing compared to what I've been through int he past. It is still annoying as fuck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Almost everyone here is smart enough to know that doing your job and staying busy is enough. One Physicist however is constantly trying to pawn his work off on others. It's tiresome and even though I could do it I'd be making a mistake giving in even once. We all know where that leads. I've worked with some batshit crazy Physicists and I having this type of issue is a blessing compared to what I've been through int he past. It is still annoying as fuck.

Batshit crazy but otherwise genius absent minded professor kind of people?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont have any frustrations at work. Im fucking awesome at what I do, I get paid well for what I do, im a mentor to many young people in my office that seek my advice. I hardly ever work 8 hours (more like 6-7 lol), I have like a month of vacation every year. 10 min away from home. shit is good, yo.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Just found out the other person with the same job title as me, who is less capable, has zero initiative, and has 1/3 the responsibilities as me... gets paid more. Went to my manager when I found this out, and essentially got brushed off. Guess who's keeping an eye out for a new job? i'm beyond pissed.
That's how shit works. You got leverage when you negotiate pay for a job and then that's it.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Batshit crazy but otherwise genius absent minded professor kind of people?
Batshit crazy like drawing giant penises in patients charts or getting caught having sex on our break room couch with an old secretary. Two different guys.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's how shit works. You got leverage when you negotiate pay for a job and then that's it.

I started at a higher salary. Apparently over the last few years, our annuals haven't been the same. It never even occurred to me that this moron could have caught up and surpassed me.

Guess I'm the moron.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Batshit crazy like drawing giant penises in patients charts or getting caught having sex on our break room couch with an old secretary. Two different guys.

Why are physicists having patients? Or are these MDs?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I wanna fuck this Spanish bitch so bad couple offices over...and she knows it. I can't even speak to her of fear of sexual harassment. Just nod and stare.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I work with a woman who is such a fucking precious snowflake. She has mentioned that she's not comfortable with me, but she can't explain why. I immediately went to her superiors and said this needs to be dealt with, because I'm not letting her fuck things up later when she gets a full head of steam. She told the superiors that she's not comfortable with me. She then also said I've never done anything in particular to make her uncomfortable, and I don't threaten her in any way. I've never been sexist, and I've never even been alone in a room with her. When all this was discussed, logged, and recorded, the people in charge told me to just be careful with her. I asked what advice they gave this woman, they said none. I said she is the one with a problem that she is creating. If I ever have any issues with her, or if she ever comes up with something on me, I'm going to sue her, sue the company, sue the people who were in charge, and burn the building to the ground.

She's so precious, she feels threatened, but admittedly by her own word she has no reason to feel uncomfortable. But no, I'm the one who needs to be careful.

What the hell is wrong with the world?

• 5Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I work with a woman who is such a fucking precious snowflake. She has mentioned that she's not comfortable with me, but she can't explain why. I immediately went to her superiors and said this needs to be dealt with, because I'm not letting her fuck things up later when she gets a full head of steam. She told the superiors that she's not comfortable with me. She then also said I've never done anything in particular to make her uncomfortable, and I don't threaten her in any way. I've never been sexist, and I've never even been alone in a room with her. When all this was discussed, logged, and recorded, the people in charge told me to just be careful with her. I asked what advice they gave this woman, they said none. I said she is the one with a problem that she is creating. If I ever have any issues with her, or if she ever comes up with something on me, I'm going to sue her, sue the company, sue the people who were in charge, and burn the building to the ground.

She's so precious, she feels threatened, but admittedly by her own word she has no reason to feel uncomfortable. But no, I'm the one who needs to be careful.

What the hell is wrong with the world?

Is she targeting you with this level of bitchery or is she an all around cunt to everyone?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Is she targeting you with this level of bitchery or is she an all around cunt to everyone?

She's the same cunt to everyone. No one can stand her, and no one will have any one on one meetings with her. She's a walking liability. I'll be advising her release next week. She'll be gone soon.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
She's the same cunt to everyone. No one can stand her, and no one will have any one on one meetings with her. She's a walking liability. I'll be advising her release next week. She'll be gone soon.

Sounds like she will almost certainly drop a bomb on the way out...

Fedor

<Banned>
upQsM.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users