Post Your Pet

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Fiona and Dora. Lost Fiona in May. Her back gave out on her and her heart started giving out before they could perform surgery. She would've been 13. Lost two of my dogs this year and it has been pretty rough. The silence when the doorbell rings is the worst. Dora has kept me busy and sane though. I believe she may be Dachshund and Rat Terrier.

View attachment 431886
There's no good reaction for this, it sucks losing one I can only imagine losing both of your partners.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
They are absolutely adorable at that age.

Yes.

SSPX0050.jpg

Sables are especially fun, because as they're growing up, their color changes literally every day. We'd let her out of the kennel in the morning and her fur patterns would be different than when we put her in.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Going in Thursday to talk about QoL with mine. She's not there yet, still gets excited about food, still gets excited about walks (as short as they are...she can really only go down to the end of the block these days), but I fear there's not too much longer now that the carprofen only seems to be blunting the pain.

The thing that's really gonna get me is the fact that this dog was a better mom than my youngest's actual mom.

SSPX0063.jpg

SSPX0084.jpg

SSPX0137.jpg
20140129_140200.jpg
20140606_145554.jpg

• 12Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 17 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Once of my mini goats broke. Vet thought only place that would try and pin it is university probably for 5k. So options were put it down, or take the like 10% chance of success with a splint which with location etc is very tough.

Figured wife would be angry if we didn't try, so he's got a brace and penned up in a little coop to see if this shit will set whatsoever. Half pet half weedeater. So if he's a bit slow and special needs is fine as long as he's not in pain eventually.

Turns out wife didn't feel that strongly about it, and I could have put it down, but maybe that's me wanting to give it a fair shake even if I hated this fucker for knocking stuff out of my hands, ramming me and stealing food from chickens and donkey etc.

20220903_120030.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Once of my mini goats broke. Vet thought only place that would try and pin it is university probably for 5k. So options were put it down, or take the like 10% chance of success with a splint which with location etc is very tough.

Figured wife would be angry if we didn't try, so he's got a brace and penned up in a little coop to see if this shit will set whatsoever. Half pet half weedeater. So if he's a bit slow and special needs is fine as long as he's not in pain eventually.

Turns out wife didn't feel that strongly about it, and I could have put it down, but maybe that's me wanting to give it a fair shake even if I hated this fucker for knocking stuff out of my hands, ramming me and stealing food from chickens and donkey etc.

View attachment 431974
That blows. How did he break his leg?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That blows. How did he break his leg?
Not sure, he's like a spastic untrained pit bull getting into everything. Either mini donk ran him over or got angry is my guess. Got it trapped in fence trying to get to grass outside. Dunno. They are only like 20-30lbs currently so not stout.

Found him down not getting up when he usually tries to come assault me for food.
I'm suprised he's seemingly getting by. I've seen him get laid down in his pen, but often standing on his legs, though understandably trying to not move, but he's able to eat and drink. Sucks I'm out of town in a hotel, so under wifes care now. This weekend if he's still kicking will need to clean his stall out. Sucks having 2 careers because going to be tricky getting him in for a follow up to see what's happening with it.

Was trying to do dairy, but considered may goats, half wondering whether it'd be with trying to get him slaughtered so I can try the meat. I'm too much of a bitch to do it to something that's basically sorta been a pet dog.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
yeah we need a 'fucking sucks' reaction for sure
Something along those lines... we have the "thoughts and prayers" one... but I feel its too unavailable and also used ironicaly a lot too.
We could use a hug reaction:
1663629983101.png

or something along those lines.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Well, been 2 weeks since I brought mine in. Vet wasn't at all concerned. We've maxed her out on carprofen, but still plenty of other things we can give her. Put her on gabapentin, which blocks the nerve pain and all of a sudden, she's like a whole new dog. Her leg and hips are still fucked up, but she doesn't know, so she doesn't care.

2 days after I started her on that, I came home from work and sat on the couch and she came over and nuzzled me like a cat would...rubbing her head up against me. She's never done that before. I can't tell if she's just high as balls or so happy that she's no longer in pain. Either way, I'll take it.

its enough that our short walks down to the end of the property seem to be having some serious positive effects. Arthritis is such a shitty thing - all you wanna do is nothing, but that's exactly the wrong thing to do. Seems to be getting stronger and can make it up the stairs more on her own now. Which is great, because I bought a lifting harness for her, but it turns out that when a dog hasn't even worn a collar in 12 years, a harness ain't really her thing.

Every once in awhile, shit just works out.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, been 2 weeks since I brought mine in. Vet wasn't at all concerned. We've maxed her out on carprofen, but still plenty of other things we can give her. Put her on gabapentin, which blocks the nerve pain and all of a sudden, she's like a whole new dog. Her leg and hips are still fucked up, but she doesn't know, so she doesn't care.

2 days after I started her on that, I came home from work and sat on the couch and she came over and nuzzled me like a cat would...rubbing her head up against me. She's never done that before. I can't tell if she's just high as balls or so happy that she's no longer in pain. Either way, I'll take it.

its enough that our short walks down to the end of the property seem to be having some serious positive effects. Arthritis is such a shitty thing - all you wanna do is nothing, but that's exactly the wrong thing to do. Seems to be getting stronger and can make it up the stairs more on her own now. Which is great, because I bought a lifting harness for her, but it turns out that when a dog hasn't even worn a collar in 12 years, a harness ain't really her thing.

Every once in awhile, shit just works out.
I have a malamute who is pretty much destroyed by osteoarthritis. You're right, it's terrible. We've got him on Galliprant but I have to ween him off it every few days because it has the side effect of making him not eat or poop after several days of use. Sometimes you honestly wonder if he'd be happier just not being here. He often just pants and wanders in circles until I force him to lay on his side and scratch his neck until he lets the medication take over. The poor guy still has puppy energy even after 14 years but his god damn bones won't let him live that way. He has already been through epilepsy and an auto immune issue to boot.

• 3Like
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users