Preacher

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I popped a raging mega huge boner when the show opened on The Saint of Killers.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Lol that church fight. That is some awesome shit right there.

"That's a combination of rubbing alcohol, coffee machine descaler and some shite I found dripping out the back of the air-conditioner..." fucking lol.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am guessing those two investigators are actually part of the heavenly Host? Those two angels who were sent to find Genesis in the comics?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, I'm not usually one to complain, but is there even a thought of maybe using spoilers for some of this shit?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The show is merely "based" on it. They aren't following anything too closely and stated that. The comic is also like 25 fucking years old man.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The show is merely "based" on it. They aren't following anything too closely and stated that. The comic is also like 25 fucking years old man.
Rationalize it however you want, but obviously not everyone has read the comics simply because they've been around for 25 years, and Game of Thrones is merely "based" on ASOIAF too. The fact is that it is simply polite to not toss out random factoids about the comic that a non-reader wouldn't have had any way of knowing simply from watching. Like the one you went ahead and spoilered after the fact above, which if true certainly changes my perspective on the show in a way that maybe I'd have preferred happen organically.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Going to go with TJT on this one. The comic has been out for decades already. Read it or don't, but given that that's what a lot of folks are going to compare it to, avoid the internet if that is going to spoil you.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ehh, I gotta go with Vvoid. Just keeping it in spoilers a la the Walking Dead thread still enables you to have all sorts of fun conversations but without possibly 'spoiling' stuff for others.

There's just getting to be too much good shit out there these days to keep abreast of. I read the GoT books a few seasons ago so I could avoid spoilers, I read TWD, I'm currently on book 3 of the Dark Tower / Gunslinger series in preparation for that show coming out, and I plowed through Ready Player One last week to prepare for that movie. Now I gotta add Preacher! Because this show is really awesome so far. And it'd be awesome to talk with other TV viewers here without in-depth knowledge of every (potential/probable) plotline.

I mean come on, we don't want 2 threads for every show/movie that was a book, so just keep book discussion inside an easy little spoiler tag. Otherwise us TV folks who just wanna watch a show, enjoy it, and discuss it are precluded from all these threads. This feels like common sense to me. If not you might as well just link the wiki plot synopsis of the entire series in the first post so everyone is on the same page.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's just a polite thing with something like this.

The Preacher comic is over 66 issues long, so I doubt most of us have read it. I like comics, but I never liked the art in Preacher so I never bothered with it.
If this is going to be a very spoilery thread we should probly agree, or disagree now so some of us can exit out of it.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Agreed. We should use use spoilers, it's polite. I also suggest those that haven't read the comics to read them. Fuckin hell I can't believe it's been 25 years.

Oldbased

> Than U
I almost want spoilers. I still have no idea what the hell is going on in this show. Hell I still haven't figured out who exactly is good or bad. I love the dark humor though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As someone who has never read the comics, there were two points in episode 2 that seemed out of place (for now); the intro, the cowboy from 1881, which from what others have said is the Saint of Killers. The town he went too is the same town that the story is taking place in, right? I guess we'll see what happens to the Saint when he enters the town in the next episode(s). The second was the Whorehouse, having those guys come in and buy/destroy/build up that place was odd...then seeing Tulip already knowing the Madam, didn't seem to have any reason to be in the show.

Other than that, this episode was pretty crazy, and really good.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was that the Dean of Mean Keith Jardine at the poker table and was he a random extra or a real character?

Goatface

just a slight drop in ratings

0.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 2,075,000 viewers overall

1st show got
0.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers overall

really good when its lead in show only pulled a 0.3

show could get a big bump the last half of the season with GoT ending

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really liked how the Angels have no idea how human society functions. They portrayed that well.