Pregnancy Thread

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well it's a good thing we had 9 embryos to biopsy because only 2 came back negative and 1 was inconclusive. So they implanted the 2 good ones and now we get to wait 2 weeks to find out if it worked or not. Fun times!

Well it's a good thing we had 9 embryos to biopsy because only 2 came back negative and 1 was inconclusive. So they implanted the 2 good ones and now we get to wait 2 weeks to find out if it worked or not. Fun times!
Pregnant until proven otherwise! Thinking of you duder and hoping that the embryos stick!!! Keep us posted.

lindz

#DDs
Congrats Kovaks!

And best of luck to you two Tred. Fingers crossed that everything works out. It is so amazing that you guys are able to do that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit like this and the parenting thread, and my nieces and my best friend's son really make me wish I could have kids sometimes.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Shit like this and the parenting thread, and my nieces and my best friend's son really make me wish I could have kids sometimes.
And having a newborn that hasn't slept for more than 2 consecutive hours at night in the last 3 weeks will make you wish you didn't have kids sometimes
smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is it because you're a convicted pedophile, like your avatar and title suggests, or did you lose your pecker in a war?
smile.png

If it's not the above, I'd suggest adopting as have been said. And do it nationally if you can, way less problems for kid in the long run. Ask a_skeleton_03 how he perceived the process from his pov, maybe?

Cheers, Gav
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, my physical function is all normal, to the best of my knowledge, and I'm not a pedo, that's just a holdover reference from the great Citten trolling of '12.

It's more the belief that I'd be an unfit parent. While like most people (I hope) my forum persona is not an accurate representation of my real life personality, I'm still an appalling wreck both emotionally and psychologically. Lots of stuff that I wouldn't want to pass on or subject a child to. Plus, at this point in my life, it seems likely that any chick I formed a serious relationship with who knew me and still wanted kids would have to be pretty fucked up herself, and I'm not sure I want her having anything to do with my kids.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hey, you're not that much of a wreck if you are smart enough to know you wouldn't be a good parent at this point in your life. Too many people out there aren't smart enough to figure that out. You've got a leg up on a good portion of society in that department
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey, you're not that much of a wreck if you are smart enough to know you wouldn't be a good parent at this point in your life. Too many people out there aren't smart enough to figure that out. You've got a leg up on a good portion of society in that department
smile.png
Yeah, my friend said much the same thing, and while I love her son to death, being better than a lot of bad parents doesn't mean I'd be a good one.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah and you saying that prolly makes you a good possible parent. besides the bar is pretty low so swing for the fences!

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Never knew this thread existed until yesterday. Poking through some forums I don't visit often and ended up reading it from start to finish. Good timing, as the wife is 16 weeks pregnant, our first. We are going to find out the sex (probably at our next apopintment in two weeks) and then begin registering for STUFF. Went into BuyBuy Baby and wow....who knew there were that many different carseats?

grats Thengel!

We went with the Britax Chaperone seat.

Weird little anecdotes -

Babies r us makes these things called bath cozies (search bath cozy on their site). Got this as a gift - didn't register for it but its nice for keeping baby warm and enjoying bath (once you can do a full bath after cord stump is off).

Bring an emery board in your hospital bag - trimming nails with clipper is a no first few weeks.

Register Everywhere. You don't need to make all of them public but completion coupons rock (amazon.com too!). Babies R us, buy buy baby, target, amazon......

Just something to consider....once you share the sex you will get a lot of gender specific (and less 'need' items) things not on your registry - and youll get a lot of stuff not on your registry anyways.interesting side note - we loved not knowing the sex. it drove other people nuts...but it also had an interesting side effect....once the baby was born we got a wave of gifts that were gender specific hehe. who knew?

more anecdotes later. fussy time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just something to consider....once you share the sex you will get a lot of gender specific (and less 'need' items) things not on your registry - and youll get a lot of stuff not on your registry anyways.interesting side note - we loved not knowing the sex. it drove other people nuts...but it also had an interesting side effect....once the baby was born we got a wave of gifts that were gender specific hehe. who knew?
FWIW this was not necessarily true for us. We still got almost everything that we registered for plus more girly stuff on top of that. We are very fortunate to have a generous family and group of friends. It seemed like most people would buy us something on our registry and then throw in some girl clothes on top of that once people knew the gender.

Once the baby was born we continued to get stuff from everyone as well just like you.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Same here, we told everyone we were having a boy and what most people did was get us a registry item or two(necessities like bottles, pumping equipment, diapers, wipes, car seat w/extra bases, swing, bouncy seat, play mats etc) and then threw in a few sets of random clothes on top of that. We're now 3 months after the birth and random people are still sending us, or bringing by clothes.

He has so many clothes now that we probably won't even be able to wear everything once before it's outgrown

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Same here, we told everyone we were having a boy and what most people did was get us a registry item or two(necessities like bottles, pumping equipment, diapers, wipes, car seat w/extra bases, swing, bouncy seat, play mats etc) and then threw in a few sets of random clothes on top of that. We're now 3 months after the birth and random people are still sending us, or bringing by clothes.

He has so many clothes now that we probably won't even be able to wear everything once before it's outgrown
It seems like that's very common, I have friends & family giving me new baby items already - it's just stuff they had from their kids that they never took the tags off! Good tip on the registering everywhere. They give coupons at Babies R Us just for opening a registry too, so it seems silly not to.