Pregnancy Thread

Same here, we told everyone we were having a boy and what most people did was get us a registry item or two(necessities like bottles, pumping equipment, diapers, wipes, car seat w/extra bases, swing, bouncy seat, play mats etc) and then threw in a few sets of random clothes on top of that. We're now 3 months after the birth and random people are still sending us, or bringing by clothes.

He has so many clothes now that we probably won't even be able to wear everything once before it's outgrown
Its so weird though that ppl jeep giving stuff!!! You guys had a different registry experience than most folks I know in re ppl buying a lot of stuff not on the registry.

My 4moms tub comes today - hopefully will be an easier bathing solution than what we are doing now which is a 2 person iob

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Also just FYI, Babies-R-Us will price match Amazon prices.

The stroller we wanted was like $330 at various places via Amazon, and $499 at Babies-R-Us, so even with one of their 20% off coupons, it still wasn't as cheap as Amazon. We mentioned this and they happily price matched Amazon.

So registering at Babies R Us is a no-brainer, if you can get an item cheaper there than on-line with their 20% off, then do it, If not, they'll still price match online prices.

lindz

#DDs
Its so weird though that ppl jeep giving stuff!!! You guys had a different registry experience than most folks I know in re ppl buying a lot of stuff not on the registry.

My 4moms tub comes today - hopefully will be an easier bathing solution than what we are doing now which is a 2 person iob
I have had like 5 different baths over the years with my kids and the one I found easiest was a bath pillow. Just lay it in the tub, fill the tub with a bit of water and the baby just lays on the pillow while you wash them. I found so many tubs to be akward and clunky but really liked the pillow.

I have had like 5 different baths over the years with my kids and the one I found easiest was a bath pillow. Just lay it in the tub, fill the tub with a bit of water and the baby just lays on the pillow while you wash them. I found so many tubs to be akward and clunky but really liked the pillow.
yeah the pillow is what I have now. Not bad I just find it awkward/baby turns his head a lot so I spend time freaking out that if I turn my head/am not supporting his head he'll drown.

It came today - will post review.

Edit - that's annoying. Lining was gashed. Sigh.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess we are doing it oldschool, because we still bathe our son in one of the bathroom sinks. I find it a tad frustrating because he splashes water every damn where, including the floor, but my wife doesn't mind and happily cleans it up each time. Moving to the bathtub soon though, as his 8 month old self is getting a bit big for a sink. We'll try the laundry basket technique and see how that goes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's August, the backyard and a hose isn't an option? It's like the child version of getting in the shower after taking a shit that you know will destroy that roll of TP.

Yeah I.had a coupon to.buybuybaby and a bunch of folks recommended the 4moms
. They're shipping a replacement but if that ones borked too im just going to do a return. This kid has basically been awake since 5 pm at this point with one 1hr period where he was asleep. And he doesn't have times when he's awake where he's not alert. All the docs have commented on how alert he is in general.

Im sitting in the nursery lights off right now and his eyes are wide flipping open while he nurses (still).

Tonight is going to suck.

Well it's a good thing we had 9 embryos to biopsy because only 2 came back negative and 1 was inconclusive. So they implanted the 2 good ones and now we get to wait 2 weeks to find out if it worked or not. Fun times!
any news? Is she going to pee on a stick or wait for betas?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm pretty sure when they do IVF they will have her so hopped up on hormones and what not that she'll have to wait until the blood test.

I'm pretty sure when they do IVF they will have her so hopped up on hormones and what not that she'll have to wait until the blood test.
nah. You can choose to wait for betas but pee sticks work just fine (within the window that they actually can work). Lots of women test and get positives at 10-12 days dpo. All that needs to be there in order to get a positive is 5 + in terms of progesterone in her blood. And they don't do the xfer if her blood is already at that or higher.

so she definitely could poas today.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought I had posted the update but been super busy and apparently forgot.

No luck this round. Our follow up is this week where I'm sure we'll discuss when we want to get started with the next cycle.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got insurance bill for our daughter's birth... $35k and we owe $0.

It honestly makes me feel guilty and terrible for people who have shitty insurance
frown.png

lindz

#DDs

No luck this round. Our follow up is this week where I'm sure we'll discuss when we want to get started with the next cycle.
Sorry to hear that.
frown.png
Hope it goes well for you guys next round.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just got insurance bill for our daughter's birth... $35k and we owe $0.

It honestly makes me feel guilty and terrible for people who have shitty insurance
frown.png
That's nothing heh Our bill was $67k with $200 of that coming outta our pockets. It's amazing people were even able to have large families 50 years ago with no insurance...

real sorry to hear duder
frown.png
. Any chance for a late implantation/ restest?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm curious if we'll even see our entire hospital bill at any point. Wife was in the hospital for 7 days + C-section delivery, baby in the NICU for 57 days. Both at the absolute top neonatal hospital in our city, and one of the best in the entire midwest.

My wifes total bill was $67,000, we've only seen bits and pieces of the kids bill, only about 80 grand so far, but I'm expecting it to be well over 500K, maybe closer to a million.

Thank god for insurance, we'll end up paying $4000 for the whole thing ($1000 deductible per person wife & kid, and then 80/20 for the next $5000 for each, so another grand apiece out of pocket)

4K isn't fun, but it's a hell of a lot better than 10X that. We'd have to declare bankruptcy if we didn't have health insurance.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My brother had triplets and one of them stayed in the NICU for like 4 and a half months and their bill(s) were in the multiple millions.

We owed like a grand and a half or something. We put the max on the hsa this year so they money we did pay was pretax.